Ford Mustang Forum banner

Driver side water leak interior

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  irish_gemeni 
#1 ·
I noticed a kind of musty or damp smell this afternoon. I did think much of it and figured it might just be some of the collected water in my weathertech mats. However, when i reached back to grab something off of the Driver's side rear floor... damp gross hand... I checked all around and it seems isolated to just the rear foot well and under the front seat and along the foot well wall on the left. Has anyone had any issues with leak from the door/window.

Things I'm 99% positive I did not do: 1. Leave me door open 2. Leave my window open 3. Spill water in the foot well. 4. Leave snow in the foot well (in NY)

It has been snowing but the snow doesn't stay on my car for longer than the few hours overnight. I fear there is some kind of problem with the massive amounts of rubber weather striping on the car or there is a leak at the hard plastic lining between the body and the rubber stripping.

Has anyone else had issues with leaks into the cabin?

#3 ·
I had to Google Dampo. I never heard if it. Sounds like someone took Home Ec because that's the only way i would have otherwise stumbled onto the absorbant if not for you.

Good info, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.