Confusing Reading Oil Dipstick - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Confusing Reading Oil Dipstick

Hello i am new here and have a question, so recently i got a 2016 mustang GT n when i checked the dipstick one side the oil is on the 2nd dot meaning its on the full mark but the other side the oil stops like 1/2 to 1 inch after the 2nd dot, so today i got a new oil change at a certified Ford Dealer i cooled the engine etc n the dipstick is the same.
So which side is legit? Is my oil Overfilled TWICE and is this Normal do u guys have uneven Dipstick Readings? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018
PONY Member

Yup.

The fluid in your reservoir is all at the same level at it's surface where your dip stick measures. But, the stick goes through a tube which may collect a bit of oil. The low mark is pretty much the correct one. It would be the same on both sides because of gravity and physics but for the bit collected in the tube the stick passes through.

Just poke it in and wipe it a few times and watch how the two sides become the same as you remove the stuff sticking to the sides of the tube.

Hope this is the worst problem you will ever encounter and wish you happy mustanging. All the best.

2014 Gray Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page