Oil Pressure Warning with good oil Pressure on PP Gauge - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018
SubStang

Oil Pressure Warning with good oil Pressure on PP Gauge

Hello im a new member here, first post sorry it is long.

Backstory of Car(skip if you want): A month ago i bought a salvage auction base mustang gt from the dead that floated down a muddy river and i converted it to premium & performance pack specs. After rebuilding and draining all muddy water(it was everywhere, in everything) the car starts very easily after a new starter, new everything and after ran and drove ok. Engine was full of water, amazing how much but sadly it sat like this in auction yard for 2-3 months, bottom end was all water. After a month of fluid changes and electronic harness swaps i am getting P0300 p0300PD code. Replaced every bit of the electronics so far except any sensors/pumps mounted on engine, radiator, alternator, ABS unit, engine harness. Besides that every bit of the car has been replaced. I have not given the computer enough time to learn the crank position because i am afraid to run it too long with below glaring issue and its not legal to drive yet. I have done cold compression tests and #6 was showing low. With the amount of liquids in all the wrong places i was hoping it might correct itself magically later on down the road...going to do a hot compression test and leak down eventually once i sort oil pressure. I babied this thing, dried it carefully hand cranked to work it slowly and did not rush anything engine related but the fluids are still contaminated severely and will be changed again soon. I can go on really, escaped oil in exhaust makes quite a bit of white smoke as well. Flood cars are a mother.

Finally my Question: My cluster reads low oil pressure warning but the performance pack gauges i have are reading between 25psi(warm)-50psi(start) at idle. I'm in texas so its hot as all hell as usual so the oil is not cold.
How am i getting low oil pressure on cluster but pp gauges are fine?

Here are my Guesses:
1) I had a base model and the oil pressure sending unit in PP mustangs is different?
2) Oil Pressure Sending Unit is bad, but why am i still getting good reading from pp Guage tho?
3) Bad Oil pump?
4) Contamination or blocked oil passageways
5) Cylinder #6 is piston ring is leaking badly and i'm boned.(might be related, need to test)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018
SubStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubStang View Post
Hello im a new member here, first post sorry it is long.

Backstory of Car(skip if you want): A month ago i bought a salvage auction base mustang gt from the dead that floated down a muddy river and i converted it to premium & performance pack specs. After rebuilding and draining all muddy water(it was everywhere, in everything) the car starts very easily after a new starter, new everything and after ran and drove ok. Engine was full of water, amazing how much but sadly it sat like this in auction yard for 2-3 months, bottom end was all water. After a month of fluid changes and electronic harness swaps i am getting P0300 p0300PD code. Replaced every bit of the electronics so far except any sensors/pumps mounted on engine, radiator, alternator, ABS unit, engine harness. Besides that every bit of the car has been replaced. I have not given the computer enough time to learn the crank position because i am afraid to run it too long with below glaring issue and its not legal to drive yet. I have done cold compression tests and #6 was showing low. With the amount of liquids in all the wrong places i was hoping it might correct itself magically later on down the road...going to do a hot compression test and leak down eventually once i sort oil pressure. I babied this thing, dried it carefully hand cranked to work it slowly and did not rush anything engine related but the fluids are still contaminated severely and will be changed again soon. I can go on really, escaped oil in exhaust makes quite a bit of white smoke as well. Flood cars are a mother.

Finally my Question: My cluster reads low oil pressure warning but the performance pack gauges i have are reading between 25psi(warm)-50psi(start) at idle. I'm in texas so its hot as all hell as usual so the oil is not cold.
How am i getting low oil pressure on cluster but pp gauges are fine?

Here are my Guesses:
1) I had a base model and the oil pressure sending unit in PP mustangs is different?
2) Oil Pressure Sending Unit is bad, but why am i still getting good reading from pp Guage tho?
3) Bad Oil pump?
4) Contamination or blocked oil passageways
5) Cylinder #6 is piston ring is leaking badly and i'm boned.(might be related, need to test)

Yea looks like #1 was the answer, different sending unit for performance package. A lot of help this forum was.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page