2018 GT Based Coupe Buy? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

2018 GT Based Coupe Buy?

Hi All,

Newbie here and i was just wondering some input and thoughts as to what is a reasonable price for a new buy? Looking to buy by the end of this month or would it be wise to wait later until the 2019 comes out and then i can get a good deal? Based on NADA it shows $30,033-$33,407. I live in Texas so sales tax will be 6.25% and other admin/process fees is about additional $500?

Much thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenracer View Post
Hi All,

Newbie here and i was just wondering some input and thoughts as to what is a reasonable price for a new buy? Looking to buy by the end of this month or would it be wise to wait later until the 2019 comes out and then i can get a good deal? Based on NADA it shows $30,033-$33,407. I live in Texas so sales tax will be 6.25% and other admin/process fees is about additional $500?

Much thanks all.

Hi live in San Antonio, I just purchased a 2018 GT manual base, and yes in that price range. I think it was a good deal. Right now you get the Ford $3,000 cash incentive which brings it down to that range, BUT beware. The Ford dealer is going to try and charge you for dealer adds, like tint, polysteel, and antitheft something. Basically, the MSRP is like $36,000 about, you get $3,000 Ford cash, then you get dealer discount like $2,500, bringing the price down, but then the dealer tries to charge you for the add ins, which brings it up to about $34,000 plus tax etc. They will waive those add-in fees, you just got to get two dealers going against each other. For me total was $32,850 out the door, including tax, doc fees, etc. Just some info so you are aware. About waiting, I don't know the answer to that. I bought it because I was fine with the deal. Look on auto trader and you can find that kind of deal near you. Remember though, it is the base GT. If you get other options it will be more. hope this helps.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Price range depends on options you want as that can alter the price upwards of 10K or more. It sounds like from the range you want a base model GT. Anyway yes waiting until 2019's come out is best bet especially if you want a base model and don't care about specific options. Right now dealers local to me in NC are already offering 7K off MSRP. When 2019's hit that normally goes higher and then also 0% financing offers start showing up around the end of Fall on remaining previous year models.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page