Swapping out stock 20's for PP 19's - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Swapping out stock 20's for PP 19's

Hey guys,

I have a 15 GT vert with the stock 20's (which I don't love) and 265/35 Pirelli P Zeros (which I hate). While detailing a few days ago I found a bubble on the sidewall of one of the tires. Good excuse to replace the tires. "My" guy at Mavis tire is on vacation, the mgr that was there was trying to steer me toward a Continental tire saying that Michelin PSS and PS4S are "overpriced and overrrated". I call bs. Then he quotes me $350 for a Continental tire. No thank you.

I found a set of PP rims on eBay...19's staggered with Michelin PS4S for $1549 (same setup from tire rack comes to 2430).
Front 19x9 with 255/40. Rear 19x9.5 with 275/40.

Just a couple of questions before I click buy it now...
Has anyone successfully sold the stock 20's? I have 9300 miles on them and not sure how much to ask. Is there anything I need to be aware of when switching from a square 20" setup to staggered 19's? Speedo calibration or anything? Also open to (polite) opinions about my wheel and tire choice. The PP rims always catch my eye and I've never seen a bad review of Michelin UHP tires. I've also considered Michelin Pilot A/S so that I could get a couple more months of use out of the car here in NJ, if anyone runs those I'd love to hear what you think of them. It seems counterintuitive to put an all season on a Mustang but the reviews I've seen were positive.

Thanks for any input you guys can give me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018
PONY Member

A lot depends on road conditions and temperatures and if you drive in rain or not.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majolo71 View Post

Has anyone successfully sold the stock 20's? I have 9300 miles on them and not sure how much to ask.....
I can't tell from your avatar...are they the "Foundry" wheels? I actually like those a lot.

Get on E-bay and Craigslist and look for others like them. That will give you some idea what the market will bear. Undercut your competition for the quickest sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page