Ford Mustang Forum banner

Roush cold air intake

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JBert 
#1 ·
I recently installed a roush cold air intake(not tuned) on my 2019 gt. Whenever I get on it the car loses power and the wrench symbol comes on. Any ideas? Thanks.

#3 ·
Well, IMHO, with regards to Rousch products, most are no better or worse than any of the aftermarket industry...IE...it probably either has a leak in it somewhere or the sensor position has been relocated just enough to cause a CEL and other driveability issues because of poor engineering...……..

If you want it for bling, ok, otherwise the oe unit is a cai and will flow about 10% more cfm than the engine can injest without a supercharger, etc.

Reactions: huberoy123
#4 · (Edited)
Does that intake require a tune? If yes, then it needs the tune, or it will not run right.

The reason for this, would be that the mass air flow metering section, basically the "tube", is bigger diameter than the stock intake. This makes the readings from the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor wrong and the computer "commands" the wrong fuel from the injectors, based on those wrong air flow readings. The "tune" must be corrected so the MAF readings are correct and then everything will work like it should.

If that intake is "no tune required" then it must be something else, such as a leak somewhere (again the basic issue is probably that the MAF sensor is giving the computer bad information)

Some earlier versions of the Roush intake had an insert inside, that would allow you to run it without a tune with the insert installed; then you could remove the insert when you got the appropriate tune. I don't know if this is the case with your intake, but if it did come with an insert, make sure the insert is installed correctly.

Reactions: Pete Grimaldi
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.