Ford Mustang Forum banner
12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  pikapp 
#1 ·
Okay, so this is an embarrassing and silly question to ask, but as a person who wants to start doing their own maintenance on the 2017 Ford Mustang I own, I would like to know if anyone has any good photos of where to place the jack, and where the best points are for front and rear jack points and jack stand placement as well...

Thanks for your help! :grin:

#3 ·
I place the jack and jack stands under the side on the frame rails (pinch welds) There is an indention for them. There is also a CJ Pony parts video on this exact question for various places to place the jack and jack stands. I'll look it up for you and post it. I had my mustang on jackstands on the side frame rails for a week almost and nothing wrong ever happened.

#6 ·
Hi Nikkolaus,

You asked a good question because knowing where to lift a car will prevent a lot of costly damage and possibly prevent injury or death. And some other AFM member besides you might read this and learn about a product I use for jacking my Mustang and Dodge Charger.

If you use the pinch welds as the lifting point I recommend buying a ZL1 MagPad. I have two MagPads. They are expensive but very good quality and functional.

ZL1 also makes a screw-on set.

Here is the link: https://zl1addons.com/collections/ford-mustang-jack-lift-pads

The owners manual will also outline the locations to safely lift the car. Jack stand placement is also important and it goes without saying don't get under a car supported with only a jack (scissor or hydraulic).

#7 ·
^ ^ cool stuff thanks for posting . . .

I would grab a set of those myself, but first it made me think again about Steeda's jacking rails -- which I believe allow you to jack the car anywhere along the frame rail, and that is even cooler because you can put the jack in the middle and lift both wheels at the same time

#15 ·
Let’s just say that education is what you get when you follow instructions. Experience is what you get when you don’t. I didn’t have the jack completely under my intended target and it slipped off. As it turns out, the push lock connection on the fuel line is not robust enough to support the weight of the car. Just thought I’d pass that on in case anybody was wondering about the durability of plastic parts as a jacking point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.