The 2015 Mustang Orders Thread - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: What 2015 Mustang model did you order/buy
3.7 Liter / 227 CID V6 Coupe 3 3.45%
2.3 Liter / 140 CID I4 Ecoboost Coupe 7 8.05%
5.0 Liter / 302 CID V8 Coupe 60 68.97%
3.7 Liter / 227 CID V6 Convertible 1 1.15%
2.3 Liter / 140 CID I4 Ecoboost Convertible 2 2.30%
5.0 Liter / 302 CID V8 Convertible 14 16.09%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
 
dastefster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 656
 
They just started scheduling retail orders last thursday. Ford schedules every thursday so There has only really been 1 schedule date for retail orders. Tomorrow will be the second chance. My order was not scheduled last week, I'm hoping tomorrow it will!


2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
dastefster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Rookie
 
Mattwood440's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoonut View Post
I placed my order for my 2015 GT on July 18 as of today I don't have a VIN or build date . I don't understand why a dealer wouldn't take an order ? It's gonna be worth the wait . I would find a dealer that's willing to take your order now
I think the dealer is saying it's irrelevant to order now; cuz it won't come for another couple months anyway. I know he was talking about Allocation, which is a good thing! That means he will allocate one of his allowed requests to me.


Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Mattwood440 is offline  
Rookie
 
Mattwood440's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
They just started scheduling retail orders last thursday. Ford schedules every thursday so There has only really been 1 schedule date for retail orders. Tomorrow will be the second chance. My order was not scheduled last week, I'm hoping tomorrow it will!
I did speak to the ordering guy at the largest Mustang dealer in Knoxville (not the one I originally contacted) and he summed it up pretty good for me. He's going to be Allocating all his requests to unsold stock first because he's going to be able to sell those off the lot at sticker at least until December. That's several $k in profit. I have the x-plan so mine isn't going to net them much over cost. It makes sense to get the profit making ones on the lots first.

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Mattwood440 is offline  
 
PONY Member
 
dastefster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 656
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwood440 View Post
I did speak to the ordering guy at the largest Mustang dealer in Knoxville (not the one I originally contacted) and he summed it up pretty good for me. He's going to be Allocating all his requests to unsold stock first because he's going to be able to sell those off the lot at sticker at least until December. That's several $k in profit. I have the x-plan so mine isn't going to net them much over cost. It makes sense to get the profit making ones on the lots first.
Well that sucks if thats what he's doing, but that doesn't mean every dealership will apply the same strategy. Also, I am A/Z plan, and I know that the dealership basically gets cut a check from corporate as a "bonus" for dealing with someone in "the ford family" now I don't know if that applies to X plan but my dealership loves when I order cars because i'm A/Z.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
dastefster is offline  
Rookie
 
Mattwood440's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
Well that sucks if thats what he's doing, but that doesn't mean every dealership will apply the same strategy. Also, I am A/Z plan, and I know that the dealership basically gets cut a check from corporate as a "bonus" for dealing with someone in "the ford family" now I don't know if that applies to X plan but my dealership loves when I order cars because i'm A/Z.
I did some cursory internet research and it would seem that X plan is worse on the dealer.

Also, it would seem that the dealership makes commission on A/Z which covers the difference of the A/Z loss up to invoice. Which is great if the model is selling for invoice at that time. The 15 is not going to be selling for less than msrp for at least a few months. I'd even bet that those anniversary ones are going to be marked up! I don't blame them one bit for wanting to sell a hundred at MSRP before mine at invoice. Especially since they are only allowed so many allocation requests at one time. Maximize profit. I would.

Also, also, I understand the dealership gets the commission on A/Z, not the salesperson. So unless the salesperson is paid a flat commission on each sale by the dealership I don't blame them for wanting to put a couple extra $k in their pocket on each sale either.

C'est la vie

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Mattwood440 is offline  
PONY Member
 
dastefster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 656
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwood440 View Post
I did some cursory internet research and it would seem that X plan is worse on the dealer.

Also, it would seem that the dealership makes commission on A/Z which covers the difference of the A/Z loss up to invoice. Which is great if the model is selling for invoice at that time. The 15 is not going to be selling for less than msrp for at least a few months. I'd even bet that those anniversary ones are going to be marked up! I don't blame them one bit for wanting to sell a hundred at MSRP before mine at invoice. Especially since they are only allowed so many allocation requests at one time. Maximize profit. I would.

Also, also, I understand the dealership gets the commission on A/Z, not the salesperson. So unless the salesperson is paid a flat commission on each sale by the dealership I don't blame them for wanting to put a couple extra $k in their pocket on each sale either.

C'est la vie
Yeah, I also understand that. And see their intensions and I'd probably do that too, but my dealer is not only allocating dealer stock cars. They are allocating retail orders as well. And I have the highest possible priority number (for a retail order) so I'm hoping my car gets scheduled soon.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
dastefster is offline  
Rookie
 
Mattwood440's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
Yeah, I also understand that. And see their intensions and I'd probably do that too, but my dealer is not only allocating dealer stock cars. They are allocating retail orders as well. And I have the highest possible priority number (for a retail order) so I'm hoping my car gets scheduled soon.
I just noticed you're from TN too! I just moved here on 8/18 and east TN is so "small town" it's ridiculous. Even Knoxville is no bigger than Ann Arbor! Worse yet I actually live in Morristown. I suppose that would have something to do with it. I thought long and hard about ordering one from back home and shipping it here (MI sales tax is 6% instead of 7% and I still have a home there so it could be done), but I'll wait.

And actually I really love it here. It's beautiful, the people are nice, and best of all, it's not Detroit.

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Mattwood440 is offline  
Apprentice
 
Clueby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: High Ridge
Posts: 247
 
Typically the sales tax is paid where you register the car, regardless of where you bought it. At least that's how it is in MO. Wouldn't save anything.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
Clueby is offline  
PONY Member
 
dastefster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis
Posts: 656
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwood440 View Post
I just noticed you're from TN too! I just moved here on 8/18 and east TN is so "small town" it's ridiculous. Even Knoxville is no bigger than Ann Arbor! Worse yet I actually live in Morristown. I suppose that would have something to do with it. I thought long and hard about ordering one from back home and shipping it here (MI sales tax is 6% instead of 7% and I still have a home there so it could be done), but I'll wait.

And actually I really love it here. It's beautiful, the people are nice, and best of all, it's not Detroit.
Haha sales tax here is 9.25%, But I'm pretty sure the sales tax goes off of where you register your plates and stuff. But I could be wrong. I'm the opposite of you, moved here from Miami and can't wait to go back. But anyway, so you have not ordered a 15? Are you planning on just picking one up from the dealership?

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
dastefster is offline  
Rookie
 
Mattwood440's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueby View Post
Typically the sales tax is paid where you register the car, regardless of where you bought it. At least that's how it is in MO. Wouldn't save anything.
My situation is odd and confusing. I still own a condo in MI where a relative lives and I'm renting down here. TN law says I need to get a TN drivers license within 30 days but I don't know how they would know if I didn't, which I haven't, until I go to renew in Jan. I don't see any reason to surrender my MI license unless I get pulled over between now and then. Livin' on the edge!

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Mattwood440 is offline  
Rookie
 
Mattwood440's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 20
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
Haha sales tax here is 9.25%, But I'm pretty sure the sales tax goes off of where you register your plates and stuff. But I could be wrong. I'm the opposite of you, moved here from Miami and can't wait to go back. But anyway, so you have not ordered a 15? Are you planning on just picking one up from the dealership?
That freaked me out when I heard it the first time! Thankfully it's capped to 7% over $1600. To make it even weirder I guess the cap would kick in at $300 if the dealership was in my county but not in my city, if that makes sense.

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Mattwood440 is offline  
PONY Member
 
discohouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: SE
Posts: 334
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwood440 View Post
My situation is odd and confusing. I still own a condo in MI where a relative lives and I'm renting down here. TN law says I need to get a TN drivers license within 30 days but I don't know how they would know if I didn't, which I haven't, until I go to renew in Jan. I don't see any reason to surrender my MI license unless I get pulled over between now and then. Livin' on the edge!
I live here and they won't, especially since you have a condo in MI (you are visiting). Don't sweat it at all. East TN isn't hardcore about stuff like that unless you spit on the cop. You will pay sales tax, tag, and title when you buy your car but NO INCOME TAX.

You need to hit The Dragon and Skyway since you are so close.
discohouse is offline  
PONY Member
 
Don's Stang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Chestnut Hill
Posts: 653
 
Ford really screwed up the 50th anniversary, so much so I cancelled the order for my limited edition

WTF Ford

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Don's Stang is offline  
PONY Member
 
scoobydoonut's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Pipe Creek
Posts: 388
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
Ford really screwed up the 50th anniversary, so much so I cancelled the order for my limited edition

WTF Ford
May I ask your reasons for canceling ? Define really screwed up . I placed my order July 18 amd I don't have a VIN or anything yet people who have ordered recently have VINS and build dates already . I'm not happy but I'm hanging in so far . This isn't my first mustang to ever order but I tell ya it's taking quite a while and going no where

Current car 2014 GT Black manual trans ON ORDER 2015 black GT manual trans 401A , adaptive cruise with collision mitigation and rain sensing wipers order placed July 18, 2014
scoobydoonut is offline  
PONY Member
 
Old5Oh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Wilder
Posts: 344
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwood440 View Post
I think the dealer is saying it's irrelevant to order now; cuz it won't come for another couple months anyway. I know he was talking about Allocation, which is a good thing! That means he will allocate one of his allowed requests to me.
If you don't place the order you don't get in line. That dealer is wrong. I placed my order July 14, I got my VIN two days ago and my car is scheduled to be built in late October. All orders placed in August and September are behind me!

Just for kicks, my VIN serial number is 19,500 and change. If you believe they are building 300 to 400 cars a day, it just about works out to build 20,000 cars in two months (production started 8/28.) I know of guys with VINs in the 13,000 range scheduled for the week of 10/6, so this makes some sense.

I am sure they will catch up at some point, but as noted they haven't really started to build the retail orders yet, these first cars have all been for dealer stock. And ALL of them are sitting on a back lot in Flat Rock. It doesn't appear that Ford has released any production cars for shipping as yet. Soon. Very soon.

But join MCA, get your PIN so you can get an X-Plan (near invoice) price, and find a dealer who will get you in line!


'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort
Old5Oh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1