2.3 Liter / 140 CID I4 Ecoboost Convertible 2 2.30%
5.0 Liter / 302 CID V8 Convertible 14 16.09%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
Ford really screwed up the 50th anniversary, so much so I cancelled the order for my limited edition

WTF Ford
In what way did they screw up? They have been saying "Fall, 2014." That STARTS Monday, and goes until December 20. By that time, Ford will have delivered nearly 25,000 Mustangs including most/all of the LEs.

People's expectations have been ridiculous. The order banks opened on 5/22, sure, but NO ONE said assembly was going to start before September. It started 8/28, and the QC hold is expected to be released this week. Sounds right on schedule.

My order has been in since 7/14. Am I impatient? Oh, yeah. Climbing the wall. But did Ford promise anything different? I don't think so.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old5Oh View Post
I am sure they will catch up at some point, but as noted they haven't really started to build the retail orders yet, these first cars have all been for dealer stock. And ALL of them are sitting on a back lot in Flat Rock. It doesn't appear that Ford has released any production cars for shipping as yet. Soon. Very soon.
maybe not build, but they started Scheduling retail orders 2 weeks ago.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
maybe not build, but they started Scheduling retail orders 2 weeks ago.
Yes, they did. And those mostly got build weeks of 10/6, 10/13 and (like me) 10/20. Not building them yet.

On a brighter note, word is the first transporters with actual production cars will be loaded and moving out of Flat Rock on Monday. So we are getting closer.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm75 View Post
FWIW, this morning's "Detroit Free Press" is reporting that the first production 2015 Mustangs will come down the line today. They of course did not meet the earlier hoped-for Job #1 date of August 11th. Since Ford has not released them for "OK to Sell" all vehicles built will be impounded on the lots at Flat Rock. Still no word when the "OK" will be issued...
Let's update this thread.

OK To Buy was achieved the week of 9/21.

Retail orders have begun to schedule, the earliest of those will be build the week of 10/13.

Job #2 is underway. Those cars will be shipping pretty much as they are built. The Job #1 cars (built between 8/27 and about 9/20) will be shipped after they pass QC. Necessary repairs will be on a Last In, First Out basis, meaning the cars built 8/27 will be the last ones shipped to the dealers. ALL Job #1 cars are dealer stock, not custom orders.

Actual dealer stock begins to leave Flat Rock Monday, 9/29.

Guys are seeing delivery estimates for cars now built and "awaiting shipping" as early as mid-October.

Ford's promise of "Fall, 2014" seems to be right on schedule. The information is out there, if you look for it. Unfortunately this forum seems to be on a real down note about the S550. Betcha that doesn't last all that long after real cars get into circulation. Reminds me of the "Fuel injection is the end of the world" moping in 1985, and the "Modular engines will never make any power" predictions in the late '90s. C'mon, gang. Embrace change.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by discohouse View Post
I live here and they won't, especially since you have a condo in MI (you are visiting). Don't sweat it at all. East TN isn't hardcore about stuff like that unless you spit on the cop. You will pay sales tax, tag, and title when you buy your car but NO INCOME TAX.

You need to hit The Dragon and Skyway since you are so close.
No kidding about the roads around here. Sure beats back home.

A couple coworkers said the same thing about the license. I'm going to call the dealer I got my 08 from to see what he says about availability on Monday. It's across from the Wayne Assembly plant where they make Focus or Fiesta (something small). I will be back home from mid Dec to mid Jan so MAYBE...

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
Rookie

Quote:
If you don't place the order you don't get in line. That dealer is wrong. I placed my order July 14, I got my VIN two days ago and my car is scheduled to be built in late October. All orders placed in August and September are behind me!

Just for kicks, my VIN serial number is 19,500 and change. If you believe they are building 300 to 400 cars a day, it just about works out to build 20,000 cars in two months (production started 8/28.) I know of guys with VINs in the 13,000 range scheduled for the week of 10/6, so this makes some sense.

I am sure they will catch up at some point, but as noted they haven't really started to build the retail orders yet, these first cars have all been for dealer stock. And ALL of them are sitting on a back lot in Flat Rock. It doesn't appear that Ford has released any production cars for shipping as yet. Soon. Very soon.

But join MCA, get your PIN so you can get an X-Plan (near invoice) price, and find a dealer who will get you in line!
Great! Let us know when it arrives. No need to join MCA when you're from Detroit, lol. You know SOMEONE who works for Ford. I used to get the A then Z plan, which is what I used on the 08. No more

Stage II Procharged 15 GT
PONY Member

Quote:
Let's update this thread.

OK To Buy was achieved the week of 9/21.

Retail orders have begun to schedule, the earliest of those will be build the week of 10/13.

Job #2 is underway. Those cars will be shipping pretty much as they are built. The Job #1 cars (built between 8/27 and about 9/20) will be shipped after they pass QC. Necessary repairs will be on a Last In, First Out basis, meaning the cars built 8/27 will be the last ones shipped to the dealers. ALL Job #1 cars are dealer stock, not custom orders.

Actual dealer stock begins to leave Flat Rock Monday, 9/29.

Guys are seeing delivery estimates for cars now built and "awaiting shipping" as early as mid-October.

Ford's promise of "Fall, 2014" seems to be right on schedule. The information is out there, if you look for it. Unfortunately this forum seems to be on a real down note about the S550. Betcha that doesn't last all that long after real cars get into circulation. Reminds me of the "Fuel injection is the end of the world" moping in 1985, and the "Modular engines will never make any power" predictions in the late '90s. C'mon, gang. Embrace change.
First order delivered to customer 9/30!

Rookie

2015 GT Convertible

Got my VIN and build date of Oct 27th info today.
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Great!

1966 Mustang Coupe 200ci 3 speed

Bob
Sean Reilly

GREAT NEWS Tan!!. ..Let Us see that VIN# So we can Veiw your "Window Sticker" when it becomes Available!.......

Sean.
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
You are one lucky guy.
Post pictures ASAP.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.
Apprentice

Factory Order Scheduling?

I sat down with my dealer on 8/21 and ordered a car(he gave me a dora). I called back after 5 weeks of not hearing a thing and he said that this past Tuesday they would have a VIN for me, I already found out the last 8 characters from the dealer and figured out the rest of the VIN using the decoder online. When I run it through cotus it comes up as in order processing with an order date of 9/6(2 weeks later). Anybody get a build date with an order date around 9/6?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Black 2013 V6 Premium | 3.73's | Airaid cold air intake | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | Lethal o/r h-pipe w/ vibrant 1792's | BBK 73mm throttle body | Aluminum driveshaft | Piano Black 19" Forgestar CF5 wheels | Roush grille
post #133 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'm going to merge this with the Orders thread that is "sticky'd" at the top of the page.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjima View Post
Got my VIN and build date of Oct 27th info today.
jealous!!!!!!

Apprentice

Car is complete!

Order Date 9/11/2014
Build Date 10/13/2014
BOOYAH

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-13-20-17-08.png
Views:	355
Size:	626.9 KB
ID:	387233  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page