Got to see the 2015 in person and took some pics - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I'm thinking if there is a 500 horsepower version. It isn't gong to be in the standard GT. There will be a special edition. Maybe like a Mach 1 or another Boss or something. I can't see them jumping to 500hp as standard power right now. It would be awesome but doesn't make sense for them to do it considering the competition.

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011GT View Post
Ya I was referring to the next year, not mid year. But that could change and they could come out with the 500 HP right off the bat if they can get the tuning set in time for the first release. Also I don't think that they are adding any parts to bump up the Hp, only a tune. So maybe they do a mid year increase and have the tune loaded into the cars at the dealership that came out before the tune was released.
They're going to have to get rid of the powdered metal connecting rods.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Apprentice

The GT might have different hp levels for '15 and '16. No way
they have different levels on the same model year('15).

2011 Mustang 5.0 - Premium, 6MT, 3.73

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

They could very easily do a mid year mach 1 or 50th anniversary edition with the higher hp engine in it for a premium price and then make that the standard engine the next year.

Fairly common w ford to do something like that.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member

Great Pics OP!

Thanks for sharing

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011GT View Post
Ya I was referring to the next year, not mid year. But that could change and they could come out with the 500 HP right off the bat if they can get the tuning set in time for the first release. Also I don't think that they are adding any parts to bump up the Hp, only a tune. So maybe they do a mid year increase and have the tune loaded into the cars at the dealership that came out before the tune was released.
The '15 5.0L is getting refreshed heads and a better flowing intake as well as some new rods. That was oart of Fords press release. I still would not expect to much of a jump but a 440-450HP would be great with the reduced weight. With aluminum front fenders and added weight in the rear with the IRS hopefully we will see closer to a 50/50 weight. Its going to be a great handling car! BTW, that Grey with red accents looks badazz!

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegabrielles View Post
The '15 5.0L is getting refreshed heads and a better flowing intake as well as some new rods. That was oart of Fords press release. I still would not expect to much of a jump but a 440-450HP would be great with the reduced weight. With aluminum front fenders and added weight in the rear with the IRS hopefully we will see closer to a 50/50 weight. Its going to be a great handling car! BTW, that Grey with red accents looks badazz!

They are getting the Boss internals which if memory serves was good for 444hp at the crank in the Boss (obviously with the Boss intake).

I'm thinking they would want to stay with an intake that wouldn't shift all the HP into the upper range at the expense of low end torque but what do I know.

So I'm thinking your 440-450 prediction is probably pretty close to the mark....

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
They are getting the Boss internals which if memory serves was good for 444hp at the crank in the Boss (obviously with the Boss intake).

I'm thinking they would want to stay with an intake that wouldn't shift all the HP into the upper range at the expense of low end torque but what do I know.

So I'm thinking your 440-450 prediction is probably pretty close to the mark....
My only worry is the sinter forged rods and cast pistons. I know it may not be an issue with just bolt ons, but if I trade up to a GT I'll want to go with a PD Blower at some point. By then I'll have bought an old cheap beater for a dd so the Mustang can be a toy.

Make mine a base coupe GT in Oxford White, MT82, with preferably a track pack like or brembo like option.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Not sure that would be a problem? I mean we have guys here makin 550-600 whp on completely stock GT internals now with FI (Randeez and Ice Blue come to mind).

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Excellent pics!! That Gray with the red hood stripe looks fantastic!

Thanks for the post

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
Apprentice

The pictures you posted seem to look better than the early 'official' released ones from Ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page