GF/Wife/Female Opinions of S550 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member

As a female forum member I really like it. Love the interior improvements...push button start...hate searching for my keys in my Coach Bag. The cooled seats will be really nice in the hot summers in the desert. Think I will order one.

2012 Mustang GT Premium - AT - Red Candy Metallic -Stone interior - Glass Roof - Electronics Package - Comfort Package - HID/Security Package - Rear Video Camera - 19" Premium Painted Luster Nickel Aluminum Wheels
MODS: Ford Racing "Touring" Axle Backs - Dealer installed - Window Tint

Ordered 6/23/11 VIN 7/22/11 Sticker Online 7/25/11 Build 8/1/11 ETA 8/16/11 ETA Updated 8/21/11 Delivered 8/26/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ill chime in.

My wife wants them to bring back the Steve Mcqueen Green version with nav, heated seats, auto start and rear back up cam on the 2.3 version. She wants it to get 35mpg and ride like a cadillac.

Ok Ford...is that asking TOO MUCH? Ha ha ha ha

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
I showed it to my wife and she said 'no AWD so I wouldn't want one".

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
My wife wants them to bring back the Steve Mcqueen Green version with nav, heated seats, auto start and rear back up cam on the 2.3 version.
Although it's difficult to be sure looking at the CGI images on the Ford web site, the new color called "Guard" appears similar to the old Highland Green. Of all the colors in the 2015 palette, this is the one I most want to see in person.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
GT Member

Smart thread.

Gauging the babe appeal

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

MACH I Member

The GF approves.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
I showed it to my wife and she said 'no AWD so I wouldn't want one".
An AWD Focus ST would be sweet, especially since the new WRXs won't have a hatchback option.

My wife likes the new mustang style. I put it as the background on my living room HTPC screen, so she sees it every day
PONY Member
S197 Member

Arrow

Wife is on-board if I want to trade up. Started prepping wife ,kids and friends from the time I ordered 2011 5.0 in 2010 . Said I was really waiting to see what Ford would do with the 50 th Anniversary version. 2015 5.0 may be the keeper if it’s right. Need to decide after I see and drive the car. I really like my 2011 though. Can’t keep them both.

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

My wife likes it.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Rookie

Mine, loved it at first sight. She loves her Jeeps, and this Mustang might get her to buy Ford again. Our Taurus and Windstar days were bitter. We only buy rwd and 4x4 now.
PONY Member

Garage
My wife came across it while browsing the web, and the first comment was: "wow, that's an ugly Mustang....looks like a Fusion." Well, her perception is to be expected because she likes old school. Back in the day (70's) she drove Camaro's, so she has an appreciation for retro!

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
She said,"Oh.......it's ok. I like the front but not the rear."

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
Apprentice

My wife likes it a lot.. she said it looks very sporty, a little smaller & modern looking. But with one exception, no Race Red allowed in our driveway or garage, looks better in other colors. ha-ha

'08 White GT-CS Vert 5-speed w/3:55 & HIDs;
Airaid Cold Air Induction; IUD w/Charcoal, Comfort & Ambient, Sirius w/Trip Tunes, Wheel Locks & Anti-theft; Bootcover; Pony Engine cover, Stack Racing Strut Brace, 14" Antenna, Seq. taillights; Rear Black panel; Front Black extender grille; MMD Hood Struts; Daily Driver: '14 Accord V6 Coupe w/Paddle Shifters; fun car to drive; fast + fuel efficient
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page