Ford Mustang Forum banner

What engine would you choose if you were forced to buy a 2015 Mustang

If You Were Forced To Buy A 2015 Which Engine Would You Get

43K views 177 replies 115 participants last post by  iseeu1001 
#1 ·
Not to steal any thunder from the 3.7 vs EB 2.3 thread that we have here I just wanted to get a poll count for all 3 engines.

The premise of the poll question is this:

If for some reason we all had to turn in our Mustangs and buy 2015's whether we wanted to or not, which engine would you choose, keeping in mind the price differences, trim differences (etc). Remember, you are going to have to buy one so you might as well be happy with whatever engine you purchase, so choose wisely, lol.

This is a for fun thread, not a "I'm not buying one, period!" or "But I want to wait until later to see if they......" thread.

So get your checkbooks out, and tell us what engine you are choosing!

#116 ·
2.3t needs a shakeout.

2.3t is a new engine and as such needs to be put through it paces by the experts and the daily drivers. Give it a least 6 months before passing judgment. Is it as good as Ford says? We'll see in good time.

#118 ·
Not sure which one I would get, not enough data released by Ford yet for me to make a decision but it would boil down to either the EB4 to be my DD or the 5.0 for weekends and evenings.

Waiting patiently for specs to see if their is interest in either. If the EB4 gave me 27 city 37 highway, that would make one bad ass DD.

#120 ·
Waiting patiently for specs to see if their is interest in either. If the EB4 gave me 27 city 37 highway, that would make one bad ass DD.

I'm guessing real life 22 mpg city and 30 mpg max, on interstates. Maybe rated 25 city/34 highway, but no one will see that. Unless with an improved automatic. Highway rating is bs because it's not actually interstate speed.

#119 ·
I would definitely get the 5.0 V8 along with these options:

Race Red
Track Pak
and the biggest wheels you can put on it!

Should I trade in my 07 SGT though? o_o

If there was a GT350, I'll just might trade my SGT in.

#123 · (Edited)
i really want a 5.0 in black or white, with the supposed very little to no lag paddle shifters...I got my 2011 v6 premium pony package new from frontier ford in san jose,cali nov2010 for 23600, window sticker was 28600 they regularly have great discounts and had a new 14 5.0 for like 26, so im gonna pray that they have a great deal on them come nov...they have 8k off all gt premiums so they come out to (27-30k)

#126 ·
what about possible engine 4 and 5

2015 Mustang Shelby Owner Manual Supplement French Price: $10.00 Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. The item will be available on 8/30/2014. Click here if you would like to be notified when this item becomes available. Pkg Qty: 1 (French, Paper, FR3J19A285BA) Click here for detail
2015 Mustang Boss Owner Manual Supplement French Price: $10.00 Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer. The item will be available on 8/30/2014. Click here if you would like to be notified when this item becomes available. Pkg Qty: 1 (French, Paper, FR3J19A285FA) Click here for detail

#131 ·
5.0 is my choice , but I wonder which will have a more balanced handling at the track, the 5.0 or the ecoboost engine?

#132 ·
Forced?

Really?

Not sure why someone would need to be "forced" to buy a 2015.

The handling alone should be enough to convince anyone that it is worth a new purchase or an upgrade.

I am just trying to decide whether to wait for the second year of the new design.

#135 ·
Forced?

Really?

Not sure why someone would need to be "forced" to buy a 2015.

The handling alone should be enough to convince anyone that it is worth a new purchase or an upgrade.

I am just trying to decide whether to wait for the second year of the new design.
Yes, really....

The question was posed after most of the info was leaked but before we had concrete details on the car, it was among the first group of threads in here.

The whole premise of the question was, what if some law got passed and you had to get rid of your current car (Mustang or not) and you had to, by law, purchase a 2015 Mustang, (ergo forced) which one would you get? As I stated in the OP, it's not being given to you, you have to buy it with your own money. No is not an option.

I already knew that the V8's would own the list, I wanted to see how the V6 versus Ecoboost battle would shake out. I didn't want to skew the numbers by leaving the 5.0 off the list, because I felt that most people if not given the choice of picking the V8 would automatically pick the largest remaining engine.

I know I explained all of this either in the first post or in a subsequent post but as usual I forget that there are people that like to come in a year and a half after a thread is started and shoot their mouth off with out reading the first few posts.

One would think that after participating in internet forums in general since 1999 I would know better by now but I guess I'll never learn facepalm2.gif

#133 ·
I don't know about the word "forced" either...as far as I am concerned,I'm NOT sold on the front end at all, just does NOT work for me in the least, so no amount of price incentive will change that fact!
The rest of the ride is stunning, especially the rear, with it's sloping lines, the overall lowered stance the interior. The front lights are horrible along with the flattened front end.
I don't know how to suddenly like the front end,visually it does nothing for me at all! This is my personal opinion tho, I'm sure there will be tons of people that like the new changes, I'm just not one of them.
i'm also not convinced about the IRS Ford is touting as superior to a live axle,maybe in soaking up some road imperfections, pot holes ect... but long term, we just have to see how this trumps a live axle.
Again, a matter of personal observation to myself.
We all like/dislike things for different reasons... the above is why I am not entranced to get a 2015 GT.
I also am not interested in buying a first year model change.... let Ford iron out the bugs, then we'll see!!!

#134 ·
If you don't like OP's wording, consider the following

You need a new car (never mind why).

Your research has narrowed the acceptable choices to a 2015 Mustang in some trim (never mind why you've eliminated everything else, just accept the premise that everything else has some absolute deal-breaker working against it and the Mustang does not).

Which 2015 Mustang do you get.

Norm

#136 ·
Well, the whole premise that a "new law" would somehow come in and "force you" to buy ANY model 2015 mustang is right out there with star wars 2015.
How does this differ from a new law forcing the average couple they MUST buy a 6 bedroom mansion or go to jail?
I think a far more poised question would be, "if money were no object", which of the 3 mustangs would you "most" likely be interested in buying; the 4 banger, the V6, or the V8..... that also leaves on the table ( for your own research) who also is not interested in the new 2015 for "other" reasons.
If I was inclined to buy another Mustang,I would look for a used 2013, OR a new 2014 still at some dealer,unmolested and new!
never mind forced.... If I was offered a free 2015 mustang,I can assure you I will accept it,as long as there is NO clause what I can OR cannot do with it ( as in sell it).
I would never buy a beatle, I would never buy a toyota ( any model) and I most certainly would never "suddenly" like a 2015 Mustang for the reasons I highlighted in my other post.
A lot of the elements are appealing to me in the 2015 mustang, regardless of the engine chosen ( and yes, it would be a V8 manual,thank you very much, no paddle shifting for this guy) BUT there are also elements that I completely dislike, enough so, that I would not "buy" one, legally forced or otherwise, that was my response.
It's still a good looking design, and am sure it will sell,just not to this guy,let's agree to disagree on this one.
simply put, I am not in the least bit "perked" at how the entire front end suddenly morphed into ANY other FORD product, they removed the essence of what a mustang looks like,to me!

#147 ·
This poll says 83% of people would go for the Coyote. But sales numbers in the real world tell a much much different story. Lol.

The V8 sounds great until the salesman shows you that $40,000 price tag. That's when a majority of people walk out with the keys to an EgoBoost or V6.

Bottom line: this poll is worthless :grin:

#149 ·
This poll says 83% of people would go for the Coyote. But sales numbers in the real world tell a much much different story. Lol.

The V8 sounds great until the salesman shows you that $40,000 price tag. That's when a majority of people walk out with the keys to an EgoBoost or V6.

Bottom line: this poll is worthless :grin:

I agree. If money were no object everyone would have a GT500. But like you said in the real world money is always the determining factor in what kind of cars we own. That's why ford makes a mustang with a v6, Ford has always sold more V6's than v8's. Even back in the mid 90's when the GT's were $25k'ish and made 215 hp they sold a butt-ton more V6's that made 160 hp or whatever it was because $25k'ish was relatively high for the time. I'm a little young to remember but I'd also bet that ford sold more 90 hp 4cyl foxes than they did V8's for the same reason, money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.