2015 Mustang vs. Z28 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Fire View Post
The question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to pay Shelby prices point for a Track ready Mustang equal to the Z28. I'm only saying this because Ford compromised a lot on the Boss. It was a streetcar that worked pretty good on the track. Same could be said of a Track Pack GT since it's not very far off from a Boss. The Z28 is a track car that can be driven on the street.
The z28 isn't a track car its a collectors car. The big engine and brakes aren't legal is almost all classes. Not to mention who is going to pay close to 100k for a Camaro with a bunch of left over c6 parts. If I was a die hard Chevy guys I'd wait for the new C7Z which will be better looking faster and most likely cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironrails View Post
The z28 isn't a track car its a collectors car. The big engine and brakes aren't legal is almost all classes. Not to mention who is going to pay close to 100k for a Camaro with a bunch of left over c6 parts. If I was a die hard Chevy guys I'd wait for the new C7Z which will be better looking faster and most likely cheaper.
So it's a" track equivalent" of the Ford cobra jet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post

No, the Z28 is a dedicated road racing car and it is not designed for drag racing at all.
The COPO Camaro is equivalent to the Ford Cobra Jet. Ford does not make anything that is equivalent to the Z28 on a road course.

2SS L99, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks hi flow cats, MBRP Exhaust, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8 Trailing Arms and Rear Toe Rods, Factory GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .

Rookie

Quote:

Sorry all, I apologize for the previous post. After I posted my comment I read the reply and realized I read it wrong. Your comment was saying that the Z28 is a track car like the Cobra Jet is a drag car which is correct. I originally read it thinking you were saying that the Z28 is a drag car like the Cobra Jet is, which it is not. Again, I apologize for reading it wrong. My Bad..

2SS L99, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks hi flow cats, MBRP Exhaust, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8 Trailing Arms and Rear Toe Rods, Factory GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Does the Z28 have a Ford 9" rear end too?

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
And a Boss 302 isn't ?

Quote:
Not exactly the Z28 has a VIN the Cobra Jet and the COPO do not.

Craig
2012 GT 300A Lava Red Metallic, Brembo's, 3.73's, Build date 6/17/11
372 RWHP, 354 RWTQ ; GT500 AB's, MGW
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Fire View Post
And a Boss 302 isn't ?
40-45k mustang that is legal to race is several classes vs 100k camaro that isn't legal to race in almost all sanctions aren't really the same. You see people driving and racing bosses all the time. They are actually pretty popular to drag race too. Chevy came out and said that the z28 isn't safe to drag race. So 100k Camaro with no A/C that isn't legal to road race and chevy said isn't safe to drag race. Cool car and concept if it was priced somewhere near the Boss. It was by far my favorite looking Camaro and i would have got the a/c option but wow the price is way out of line. At that price they have made the car pretty undriveable.
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I've actually seen Boss 302's at track events. Black fire: I will buy you a case of beer if you ever see a privately owned new z28 at a competitive event.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
GT Member

Curious as to why Chevy said it isn't safe to drag race?

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
40-45k mustang that is legal to race is several classes vs 100k camaro that isn't legal to race in almost all sanctions aren't really the same. You see people driving and racing bosses all the time. They are actually pretty popular to drag race too. Chevy came out and said that the z28 isn't safe to drag race. So 100k Camaro with no A/C that isn't legal to road race and chevy said isn't safe to drag race. Cool car and concept if it was priced somewhere near the Boss. It was by far my favorite looking Camaro and i would have got the a/c option but wow the price is way out of line. At that price they have made the car pretty undriveable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
I've actually seen Boss 302's at track events. Black fire: I will buy you a case of beer if you ever see a privately owned new z28 at a competitive event.
I'm with you guys I do not expect to see any Z's at any track events short of an open track day. It is a look at me status car more then anything. Just want to add that I have never been a 5th Gen fan. After driving my brothers SS I knew a Mustang would suit me better. But the Z28 is only Camaro I would consider owning, even if you can't see out of it. Winning Lottery Numbers please...

Craig
2012 GT 300A Lava Red Metallic, Brembo's, 3.73's, Build date 6/17/11
372 RWHP, 354 RWTQ ; GT500 AB's, MGW
Apprentice

These are the golden years of automotive performance. I for one hope that GM and Ford nip at one another's heels for a good long time, it improves both cars.

As for the "chick car" canard, well, if your masculinity has anything to do with the car you drive, you're doing it wrong.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangIIfan View Post
i hope im in the right spot. according to the GM website they are bringing back the Camaro Z28 with a LS7 (7.0 non aspirated) supposed to have over 600 HP my buddy from work who was always loyal to GM is now rubbing it in my face. whats Ford gonna offer? only thing i can find on Fords website is the Shelby GT 500
He's rubbing it in your face? Ok, so obvious question, will he HAVE a Z28? well then... gloat away.

Its funny car wise, we all do it, but really?

That's like bragging to everyone on the block because your decidedly average looking wife's cousin second cousin is crazy hot.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate99 View Post
These are the golden years of automotive performance. I for one hope that GM and Ford nip at one another's heels for a good long time, it improves both cars.

As for the "chick car" canard, well, if your masculinity has anything to do with the car you drive, you're doing it wrong.
exactly. Chick car? ok right. A lexus IS is more like a "chick car" but I guarantee you, if an ISF rolls up straight line or track, a 5.0 or SS will be slugging out a close race.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh0341 View Post
exactly. Chick car? ok right. A lexus IS is more like a "chick car" but I guarantee you, if an ISF rolls up straight line or track, a 5.0 or SS will be slugging out a close race.
Can't make that argument for the mustangs that cost what the ISF cost though.

*Wink*

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Rookie

mustang should be a lot better but who knows how chevy might step up their game with the visability

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page