Simple Poll: 2013/14 GT500 or 2016 GT? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: 2013/14 GT500 or 2016 GT?
2013/14 GT500 64 67.37%
2016 GT 31 32.63%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I have a '13 Shelby GT500 and a '15 GT. They are really not in the same class. The GT500 cost about twice as much.The GT is an auto with .355 gears. It is really fun to drive.I have Flowmaster Outlaws that sound great,It comes out of the hole strong by just stomping the gas.I also dont worry about it as much,that probably adds to the fun.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040539.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	693.0 KB
ID:	456146   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040439shelby_zps538c02a1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	456154  

'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT

Last edited by rideflstn; 08-10-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

New to forum & saw 2 different polls. A year ago, I got a 2012 BOSS 302 Laguna Seca, black with race red accent & paddles. I almost bought Shelby. If I was considering all your options on a poll a year ago, I'd say BOSS 302. It's more fun to drive track ready or not. The Shelby 662 has so much power & traction issue--mine will smoke 'em too, but tires are expensive. All out straight line speed is '13-14 Shelby. Fun to drive like a Banshee--BOSS 302 track pack. They are all fun (V6, GT, Boss, new or old Shelby, and all performance)!!!

Another line of thought, a BOSS 302 naturally aspirated engine (vs supercharger) is cheaper to work on, or pay someone to repair--if dollars matter to buyer. It also allows you to do your own upgrades--turbo or supercharged down the road later.

Today, with new independent rear suspension, I'd say wait & test drive GT350 & let Ford word out the bugs (if any). Let them tweak it for 2017. Then again, I might say "wait" until it comes out with new 10 speed tranny on horizon (2018). Lots of options & depends on your patience level. They are all, fun, fast, and fine looking!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page