2015 Mustang on Jay Leno's Garage - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

2015 Mustang on Jay Leno's Garage

I like a lot of it but just can't like the taurus front end.

And a short semi-interview with Lee Iacoca, he sure is in sad shape.

Video

Jay Leno's Garage - 50 Years of Mustang with Lee Iacocca | Cars

Some pics

Jay Leno's Garage - 50 Years of Mustang with Lee Iacocca - Photo Gallery | Cars

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
Apprentice

That was a pretty cool segment. It really does blow my mind that they would destroy the prototype rather than sending it to the Henry Ford museum.

Current: 2014 V6 Mustang Premium, Automatic Transmission, Oxford White, Safety & Security Package.

Previous: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS, bone-stock except for automatic transmission.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Looking at the side pic and some of the others, that thing just looks fast sitting there. It's wide and looks slammed already. Lookin forward to seein it in person. Those are some of the best pics I've seen. The all mustang honeycomb grill is set back in and nicely framed. It's not flush with the body like the fusion and Taurus. The back looks better than I remember. Wasn't the piece between the tail pipes black in some other pics?

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
PONY Member

This month's Road & Track's cover has a fantastic shot of the car from above. Really makes you realize just how wide it's rear end is. Looks awesome I think.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
GT Member

This show deff made it look better.

Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, AED Tuned, Corbeau CR1 seats with Harness, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs, Strano F/R adjustable sway bars, BMR LCA & PHB, Lethal O/R H, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Goodridge SS lines, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill. Mustang Dyno 379 HP & 371 TQ
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
I like a lot of it but just can't like the taurus front end.

And a short semi-interview with Lee Iacoca, he sure is in sad shape.

Video

Jay Leno's Garage - 50 Years of Mustang with Lee Iacocca | Cars

Some pics

Jay Leno's Garage - 50 Years of Mustang with Lee Iacocca - Photo Gallery | Cars
Very nice review of the new Mustang by the Chief Engineer. Although he couldn't say too much about the specs, they are supposed to be released at the CES in Las Vegas next month, the pictures were very good and his story on the upgrades was good. Hopefully the aftermarket can do something with the "front end Fusion look." I can hear the design studios humming now

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
Apprentice

Thanks for posting the clip OP (Ltngdrvr )!

2011 Mustang
V6 Premium 201A
Automatic
Kona/Stone
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013
PONY Member

My curiosity is way up regarding the undisclosed engine power increase. I sense that it will ave boost and be competitive with ZR1 Camaro???

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014
PONY Member

A boost vacuum gauge in the 5.0?

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That prototype looks like it confirms rumors of a coming forced induction 5.0...... or it could just be where the gauge is going for the eco model.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page