If you are still on the fence on the 2015 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014 Thread Starter
Banned

If you are still on the fence on the 2015

SVT performance forums has the best picture array I've seen on the 2015 yet including interior and engine compartment shots. These really helped me make up my mind as I was a bit of a fence sitter leaning a little towards "no like". Now I've been pushed off the fence and definitely "no like" at this point. The head on front end shots look hideous and the rear is a close behind (pun intended). The interior is the strongest part of the redesign, but I'm not sure about the P51 Mustang aircraft cockpit theme.

I guess the real litmus test will be eventually seeing it in person.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014
PONY Member

I am on the fence as well, but I will wait to see the car before I decide. The best new feature I have seen to date is that yellow is back in color lineup.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Steve,

As you said, the SVT Performance website has some great pictures and information on the 2015. I'm a fan of automotive change as long as it is for the better. If you look at the info on the mechanical improvements with the engine and transmission for the 2015 that are posted there, especially some of the upgrades to the engine by way of the Boss 302, it looks pretty impressive.

Some people didn't like the looks of the '63 Vette. Some didn't like the 1970 Z28. Going from a 1970 to a 1971 Mustang: What were they thinking?

I like the new look. Yeah, it's easy for me to say since I'm not in the market for one, but as I have stated before, you have to judge the car by how it performs while you are behind the wheel. Engine and transmission refinement, IRS, a new interior as well as the slightly new exterior will more than likely be a great package for those in the market for one.

If Ford had not taken a chance back in the early '80s by upgrading the 302 in the Mustangs rather than four cylinder us to death, we'd all be driving different cars. I think that those 302s were putting out 155hp if I remember correctly. The 2015 will be over 420 and the car is light years away from the look of those Fox body Mustangs. I had an'87 for thirteen years. Just my .02 cents!

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Like I said. I never owned an SN195 either, but they sure sold a BUNCH of them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
SVT performance forums has the best picture array I've seen on the 2015 yet including interior and engine compartment shots. These really helped me make up my mind as I was a bit of a fence sitter leaning a little towards "no like". Now I've been pushed off the fence and definitely "no like" at this point. The head on front end shots look hideous and the rear is a close behind (pun intended). The interior is the strongest part of the redesign, but I'm not sure about the P51 Mustang aircraft cockpit theme.

I guess the real litmus test will be eventually seeing it in person.

You hit the nail on the head - The front end clip is Hideous. Doesn't say Mustang to me. More like 94 Honda wanna-be. Ford sold out on the fron-end. The 3/4 rear-view isn't bad. Glad I bought my '13' GT. I will be keeping it for a long time.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsewhipped View Post
Doesn't say Mustang to me. More like 94 Honda wanna-be. Ford sold out on the fron-end. The 3/4 rear-view isn't bad. Glad I bought my '13' GT. I will be keeping it for a long time.
I love the 11-14 and the '15. Not sure about the Honda comparison...

Mike
'11 Sterling Gray GT - GT500 Axel Backs (Sold )
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014
Rookie
S197 Member

It will be hard to transition from the '05-'14 body style. IMO these are some of the best looking bodies to grace the Mustang since the FB coupes of '65. I can see Ford's vision to progress the brand forward without leaving Mustang purists shaking our heads. I look forward to seeing one in person and I can't wait for all the magazine shootout comparisons that'll be done! Mustang vs. Camaro SS, Mustang vs. BMW M3. Who knows what this car can do with the IRS, maybe some wishful thinking like Mustang vs. 911? I'd love to see our American icon take on some of the top foreign cars. I got just a little bitter when I arrived at a Cars and Coffee event in my '07 GT and nobody could give a crap. Meanwhile you have scores of people drooling over Hondas and Subarus
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014
Rookie

I'll just say this, I like the new mustang. But I love the 2014. I was on the fence at first, but considering you can get a current model gt prem for 7-8k less than msrp its also going to be a lot more expensive. Someday I'll get a new one. Maybe in 6-7 years.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014
PONY Member

in 6 or 7 years the s550 will be the older model .where i work we might be doing a job for mr maroone the owner of the autonation dealerships . maybe he'll gimme a good deal on the 15 model otherwise ill need to wait till the prices drop a bit .
PONY Member

I don't know about the Honda-Subaru thing, but I never had one of those cars (japanese) that caused people to hang out of their car window to film!

It's good to be the BOSS.........................YEAH!

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
GT Member

I am sold on the S550 but the '13-14 Boss or Shelbys are the best looking mustangs. Hope I will be owning one sooner rather than later

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I love the 2015 and I will buy one as soon as they're available! But I'm keeping my 2011.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
I love the 2015 and I will buy one as soon as they're available! But I'm keeping my 2011.

Same here. The 2015 is the best looking mustang ever. And from the sound of tests it will be the best performing.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

PONY Member

Garage
908ssp:

I really, really, don't understand how you feel the 2015 Mustang is the best looking ever....I guess beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder!

Jedi D.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10003570_10150397532759949_526674751_o.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	333865   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_00053_01.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	333873   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-rear-three-quarter.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	333881  

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
908ssp:

I really, really, don't understand how you feel the 2015 Mustang is the best looking ever....I guess beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder!

Jedi D.
Sure is a sharp car in Oxford White!

That yellow on the other hand... *shudder*

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page