For those who think the new mustang looks like a Fusion, maybe so but... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a351must2 View Post
You do know that the "64 1/2" Mustangs had a 1965 VIN number on them, and were sold by Ford as '65 Mustangs, right?

1965 + 50years = 2015, so Ford didn't mess up the math. Of course, technically the 64 1/2 Mustangs were the ones built prior to August 1964 so Ford is a little late on the building, but on time for the model year.

Also, going back and forth between 2014 Mustang front photos and 2015 Mustang front photos and the grill isn't even a whole lot different, but the overall look is. To each is one, but far from ruined.
or why was the 40th an 04 or a the 09 45th?

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
Nice 2015 Mustang in my side mirror.....oh, it's a Fusion, my bad!
not even close

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
Apprentice

i love how the 2015 looks from the back from the side and directly from the front but any other angle and that front just doesnt do it for me, the hood, the lights, the bumper, even the bottom of the front looks pretty weird. Things like how the hood extends just a little farther over the lights then the side body does kind of bother me, how big the bumper space is, how the trunks arent aligned properly (not sure if it will make its way into production models), how the transmissions are basically the same. Its going to drive great, have a better interior, be fast, but i would never pay money to upgrade to something im not 100% in love with. I think the mustang to get is the 2021, look at the 05 and the 11...if they improve on the 15 as much as they improved on the 05 i would definitely buy that car

Last edited by akwal07; 08-06-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: spelling

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Made the same mistake

I've decided to go for the 2015 Dodge Challenger 392 SRT. Great looks and really cool technology with a reasonable price.
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack and SRT 392 First Drive Review Car and Driver

BTW, What critter left "SCAT" on the front seat of your new Dodge?

Sorry, old habits die hard, I've been Ford crazy since 1964 1/2 !!!!!

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
You know why I bought my 11 GT? It has 420 freaking HP stock. You know why I'm gonna get a 2016 GT? Cause it will have 500 HP stock and forged internals with IRS. Emotions are for chicks.
The GT350 is supposed to have right at 500hp you mean.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13 View Post
BTW, What critter left "SCAT" on the front seat of your new Dodge?

Sorry, old habits die hard, I've been Ford crazy since 1964 1/2 !!!!!
No apology necessary. I've been a Mustang owner since 2000, but I really wouldn't drive the new "Fusion coupe."

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
my first car was a '78 mustang mom/dad had a 64.5 been a lover of the Mustang sine then

I'm 48 still have my '66/'09 undecided on the looks of the '15 but its growing on me

As for the fusion my bro in law has one (hybrid) I like it a lot "IF" FORD ever quit making the Mustang that would be my second choice (fusion)

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
Banned

Best description I've seen yet of the 15 Stang ...

Ouch, but have to agree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	374530  
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a351must2 View Post
You do know that the "64 1/2" Mustangs had a 1965 VIN number on them, and were sold by Ford as '65 Mustangs, right?

1965 + 50years = 2015, so Ford didn't mess up the math. Of course, technically the 64 1/2 Mustangs were the ones built prior to August 1964 so Ford is a little late on the building, but on time for the model year.

Also, going back and forth between 2014 Mustang front photos and 2015 Mustang front photos and the grill isn't even a whole lot different, but the overall look is. To each is one, but far from ruined.
Then why did Ford tag the '09's as the 45th anniversary edition?
PONY Member

Because Ford doesn't remember their own model year lineup...

but Pepperidge Farm remembers...

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchin Kitten View Post
Then why did Ford tag the '09's as the 45th anniversary edition?
Possibly to try and boost slowing sales? Marketing always does funny things to make people think they are getting something special, improved or otherwise better in some way.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
Because Ford doesn't remember their own model year lineup...

but Pepperidge Farm remembers...
LOL! that cracked me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Possibly to try and boost slowing sales? Marketing always does funny things to make people think they are getting something special, improved or otherwise better in some way.
good point. I didn't buy new on that model, it was just there. Sounds sketchy to do stuff like that. Bordering on false advertising if you ask me.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchin Kitten View Post
. Sounds sketchy to do stuff like that. Bordering on false advertising if you ask me.
Look around you. It happens every day. That's how companies convince people to buy things they don't really need.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 R/Red 5.0 View Post
Ouch, but have to agree.
FORD took the character out of the car. It just looks like another "homogenized" new car.....like many others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	374858  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
Nice 2015 Mustang in my side mirror.....oh, it's a Fusion, my bad!
Just wait until some smartass comes up with a honeycomb grille with a running horse emblem for the Fusion so he can say he has a Mustang sedan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page