For those who think the new mustang looks like a Fusion, maybe so but... - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Although I had planned to get a 2015, I'm going to pass on this design. I'm really not a "Mustang lover," as much as I like a retro design car that is performance oriented. I do think the Mustang will sell very well in the next couple of years due to their overseas sales. There is a lot of "pent up demand" in Europe and Asia where people really have not been able to get a Mustang. I am confident those sales will more then offset the loss of sales in the USA from people, like me, that wanted a "Mustang" and not a "corporate FORD."
I made my decision on the 2015's. I really liked my 2000 GT vert, my 2011 Mustang vert and my 2013 GT vert - but I just couldn't go for the "corporate FORD" Mustang - even though I am a shareholder. So today I picked up my 2015 Challenger SRT 392. 485 HP, 475 Ft. LBs. torque and the 8 speed auto - with paddle shifters. Dashboard programming for engine/transmission, shocks and struts (compression and rebound), stability control, steering sensitivity etc. (Street/Sport/Track) for each. Makes the car very versatile. My primary goal for the next 3 years is to drive the 15 top rated "road trips" around the USA - and maybe a run down a drag strip or two The street ride in the Challenger - just 41 miles on it - is really fine. The Laguna leather seats are incredibly comfortable! I will keep watching Mustang, and will probably be back if the looks get closer to my taste and if the overall technology improves (very discouraging for a brand new car).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal1a.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	392218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal2a.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	708.1 KB
ID:	392226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	392234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal15a.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	392242  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, for those that care enough to see what the "experts" think of the 2015 mustang GT, read the latest comparo in MOTOR TREND between the Mustang GT VS Dodge Challenger (SRT)scatpack VS Chevrolet Camaro SS1LE....an in depth article about ALL three ponies, I won't spoil the conclusion of this compare...but it's interesting to note the "slit eyed Mustang GT did not go over too good with the guys, from a design perspective!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
So you're not really a 'vert guy either. Whatever.

Quote:
I made my decision on the 2015's. I really liked my 2000 GT vert, my 2011 Mustang vert and my 2013 GT vert - but I just couldn't go for the "corporate FORD" Mustang - even though I am a shareholder. So today I picked up my 2015 Challenger SRT 392. 485 HP, 475 Ft. LBs. torque and the 8 speed auto - with paddle shifters. Dashboard programming for engine/transmission, shocks and struts (compression and rebound), stability control, steering sensitivity etc. (Street/Sport/Track) for each. Makes the car very versatile. My primary goal for the next 3 years is to drive the 15 top rated "road trips" around the USA - and maybe a run down a drag strip or two The street ride in the Challenger - just 41 miles on it - is really fine. The Laguna leather seats are incredibly comfortable! I will keep watching Mustang, and will probably be back if the looks get closer to my taste and if the overall technology improves (very discouraging for a brand new car).

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight

GT Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
So you're not really a 'vert guy either. Whatever.
If Challenger made a vert, I would have it. I am sure I will miss "the rag-top." But I went with the sunroof to get all of the other "positives" in the Challenger ... for me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Chal1a.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	392354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal2a.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	708.1 KB
ID:	392362   Click image for larger version

Views:	155
ID:	392370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal15a.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	392378  

Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
axe
Rookie

+1 who thinks the front end is just awful. Im not a Ford nutswinger, I buy whatever I like. Nor am I a Track Star like some here, so getting to the next stoplight before the car next to me holds no interest either, I buy purely on looks. The Camaro and Challenger look great - the new Mustang, not so much. Right now I have a 2013 v6. Ive also had a 2011 Challenger and a 2010 Camaro.

The apologists can dress it up anyway they like - but the Camaro and Challenger stand out, hopefully they don't puss out like Ford did and go the corporate front end route.

What I do love about the new Mustang is the interior on the upper trims. That might be the nicest interior out right now. (GM take note)

Now that Chrysler finally got rid of the abomination that was the 08-14 Challenger interiors, I think they'll start selling a few more Challengers. Especially the way the new Fusion coupe is looking.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe View Post
+1 who thinks the front end is just awful. Im not a Ford nutswinger, I buy whatever I like. Nor am I a Track Star like some here, so getting to the next stoplight before the car next to me holds no interest either, I buy purely on looks. The Camaro and Challenger look great - the new Mustang, not so much. Right now I have a 2013 v6. Ive also had a 2011 Challenger and a 2010 Camaro.

The apologists can dress it up anyway they like - but the Camaro and Challenger stand out, hopefully they don't puss out like Ford did and go the corporate front end route.

What I do love about the new Mustang is the interior on the upper trims. That might be the nicest interior out right now. (GM take note)

Now that Chrysler finally got rid of the abomination that was the 08-14 Challenger interiors, I think they'll start selling a few more Challengers. Especially the way the new Fusion coupe is looking.
Actually, those of us that buy the "performance models" of the "Pony" cars thank you for wanting a good looking car that is well made. If Ford, Chevy and Dodge didn't sell three times as many of the "normal performance - high option" models of the Pony cars, as they do "high performance cars", no one could afford to build or buy the "high performance" models. I think the new Mustang could be very popular in London, Tokyo and Singapore because there are so few "classic Mustangs" in those areas that people just judge the new car on "contemporary looks," rather then on a "historic icon" basis. Unfortunately Europe and Japan are in, or close to, recession - which is very bad for FORD. When judged against all the other "modern look" cars, the new Mustang is "OK." Not too much different then 10 other new cars in looks. However, the "price" is getting pretty high when compared to that same group of "modern cars." Most people don't want a "stripped down" car. They want the great stereo and the modern safety features. That really drives up the price of the new Mustang - over $44K for the Ecoboost convertible. So thanks for being in the car market with your preferences! You make it possible for the rest of us to get the kind of cars we are looking for

Apprentice

Congrats on the Challenger. I've been looking at them to compliment my 14gt. Don't dislike the 15gt's but don't love them yet either.
GT Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Congrats on the Challenger. I've been looking at them to compliment my 14gt. Don't dislike the 15gt's but don't love them yet either.
Thanks. I have about 1200 miles on it and I love it! The thing that is really great about it is the "programmability" of the car from the dashboard computer. The fully adjustable shocks/struts (Compression and rebound), four different engine/transmission tunes (Including the "ECO" mode), three different steering responses, four different traction/vehicle stability system settings etc. The car really drives and handles like 4 different cars! With rain and snow I have been using the "ECO" mode which keeps you out of low gear, limits torque generation and just makes the car handle very easily on slick roads........really nice for "year round use." And when the roads are dry and the sun is out, let her rip with the 485 HP and 475 Ft. LBS of torque - the torque ads a lot of smiles per gallon!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chal34a.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	401313   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal32a.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	401321   Click image for larger version

Views:	65
ID:	401329   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal312a.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	401337   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal313a.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	401345  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page