2015 manual transmission upgrades & driveshaft - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorritt View Post
Perhaps. Last mustang was a 2008 Shelby GT500. The trans was the Tremec It didn't like hard shifting in any gear. In comparison the MT82 is perfect 🎲
Yeah, I'm the opposite. I have a Tremec in my current car (not a mustang though) and it shifts way smoother than my 13' MT82. lol just random i guess

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Personally, I'm incredibly surprised that FORD did not make it a point to discuss and open up about what exactly they did/change to improve the MT82 6 speed over previous model years!

There has been numerous complaints about the '11, '12, '13' and 14' and ALL were the dreaded crunch/gear clash with this tranny, so I would have though best way to reassure customers is to openly explain whatever changes ( in detail) they commenced with regarding the MT82.

PM Deysha regarding this issue is an OK idea... but a way better approach is for FORD as a whole to inform it's customer base what these supposed changes are... Deysha is the best thing since sliced bread, and has been an amazing presence on these forums, however this type of info should be coming from the mother ship.

Sweeping 4 model mustang years under the rug concerning these focused complaints is a terrible way to address a serious complaint that has been ongoing since the MT82 first appeared in '11 model years!
2 aspects that will hold be back from giving FORD an open cheque for a 2015 GT are; immediate front end looks horrible, but more importantly, the same old MT82 is again being undermined!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The Tremec in both my 10s were flawless. The MT82 in my 11GT was borderline junk (wouldn't shift at all on cold days). The Tremec in my 11 GT500 is" so so". It has a similar issue with hard 1-2 shifts when your above 3,000 rpms when cold that so many GT owners also complain about. I can work with the GT500 though, the 11GT however couldn't be worked with, all it would do was grind no matter what you did (short of driving it 45 minutes before using 2nd). It was a real shame, because on warm days that 11GT was probably the best shifting car I have owned. It was up there with my Rx8. I ALMOST made the choice to park it and just drive it between April and October and if I had live up north where you do that with stangs anyway....I would have. Now the GT500 tremec is not really weather sensitive. Drive it for 5 min and 2nd gets smoother-year around. But the stock tires get so hard below 40 it won't hook, making it nearly undriveable without winter tires or a set of MPSS. I have to laugh at myself some times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack

Rookie

My 2015 GT has 4k on it and so far my only complaint is nibbling synchros on a cold transmission. After things warm up the shifts are fairly clean so far. I've banged on the drive train fairly hard to redline with zero issues! But mostly I'm taking it easy on the drivetrain, no dropping the clutch! Those P-Zero's are spendy on the GT Performance Pack and have no idea what the track record is for the Torsen Diff. Next spring it will have 5k+ and plan to change diff and trans fluids. Researching what to use to improve performance and longevity.
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I wanted a 6 speed MT, but after driving a 2015 and reading about all the problems, I ordered an automatic 2016. The transmission source being China also concerned me.

Paul J.
91 GT Hatch P1SC, AFR, etc. owned since new
94GT Convert Automatic, 30K Miles
2009 Sable Premier
2007 Ram 1500 Sport
1957 Fairlane 500 HT E Code, dual quads.
Rookie

I have a 2015 Mustang with a V6 and automatic transmission. I wouldn't recommend this combination if you are looking for performance. Lots of lag. Shifting from reverse to drive feels like it will stall if you try to accelerate quickly. Ford says this is normal. I haven't seen anything like this since carburetors were used.
Rookie

Has anyone here found a solution to the clunk? Mine clunks from 1 through 4th gear and at low rpms when the car jerks?
Rookie

"Has anyone here found a solution to the clunk? Mine clunks from 1 through 4th gear and at low rpms when the car jerks?"

This video might help you shift better on the MT82 transmission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIPtER1dts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page