2015 Mustang is sharp, except for all the plastic. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Great thoughts, guys. I absolutely agree about rockers getting crewed up--especially with summer tires. As I mentioned in the earlier post, I just hope I can get them factory painted. I'd rather have protection film or deal with the chips. I've never been a fan of altering cars; just not my thing. However, I do really like seeing what other people do to customize. I just like washing, waxing, cruising with my wife (she's cool). Repeat.

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy9946 View Post
Great thoughts, guys. I absolutely agree about rockers getting crewed up--especially with summer tires. As I mentioned in the earlier post, I just hope I can get them factory painted. I'd rather have protection film or deal with the chips. I've never been a fan of altering cars; just not my thing. However, I do really like seeing what other people do to customize. I just like washing, waxing, cruising with my wife (she's cool). Repeat.

And there is DEFINITELY nothing wrong with THAT! I love cruising with my wife, too.

The only problem I am having now is that when ever I ask "Which car do we take this time?" she replies "BOTH!" So now if we are cruising and I want to have a discussion with her I have to put Sync to good use, LOL.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
And there is DEFINITELY nothing wrong with THAT! I love cruising with my wife, too.

The only problem I am having now is that when ever I ask "Which car do we take this time?" she replies "BOTH!" So now if we are cruising and I want to have a discussion with her I have to put Sync to good use, LOL.
That's awesome.

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Not a big deal for me, if a price bump is needed to have Ford paint them, I'd rather do without.

I do hear what you are saying that Ford does need to pay attention to the details, worldwide launch and competition at the price point an avg GT will come in at early on, I'm thinking 38k avg price for a 2015 GT b4 taxes, it will be these little things that make it feel cheap or worth 40k. Keep in mind a 40k GT will share components with a 18k v6.

Now a cheap azz plastic Focus interior would be a deal breaker for me.

From the photos I have seen, I think the interior is improved but not all that.
The exterior photos have been a hit or a miss with me. Need to see this car in person and get performance specs before I pass final judgement. It is certainly a competitor for my next car purchase but not a guarantee at this point.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
Rookie

I hate the plastic on the 10-12, but I also hate the plastic license plate area on my 14. I want to swap that plastic out with carbon fiber one day.

However, the plastic on the mustang isn't as bad compared to the refreshed 14 Camaro. The whole half rear of that car is plastic.

I started to hate plastic ever since my family owned an Avalanche. It is a B**** to take care of and it looks bad throughout the years!

2014 Mustang V6 MCA DIB

Last edited by DCPX; 04-16-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: add
PONY Member

Ok, hello, we all have the same amount of plastic, it's just that some of it is painted. I actually like the black rockers and rear valance on my 2012. They look good with red candy. And, they don't show as much damage when you high center on something or back down a steep driveway. The 2015 has very little black plastic for the most part, I like it. May have to wait until 2016 to order one, just to let them work out the bugs, but I really like it so far. Can't wait to see/sit in one in person.

2015 Premium GT Vert/MT82/Ruby Red/401a/50 Yrs pkg/3:55s/Nav/Rev Sensors
Mods: MRT hood struts, MMR reservoir tank, Airaid Intake tube, K&N Filter, 50th shift ball, 50th floor mats, 50th trunk mat, Audison Tweets & Mids, all LEDs, Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub in trunk Future: Bama Tune
GT Member
S197 Member

I love plastic. Cheap, light, easy to clean, durable. What else do you want???

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy9946 View Post
That plastic makes the new Mustang looks cheap, IMO. I don't care if it shortens a car's stance or whatnot, it lacks fit and finish. I don't care how fast it is; it is NOT visually pleasing.
Cool story bro. I'll keep my unpainted easier to maintain plastic.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
Rookie

for what they want to sell this car for, its inevitable that some things are gonna be more plasticky than we want ya know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page