Rookie

Ordered 2015 GT Convertible

Placed order yesterday:
GT premium, 400A, Auto, Navigation, Guard with Ceramic seats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
Apprentice

?? I didn't think the order banks were open for convertibles yet? Everyhing I have seen said those would be job #2 for build and orders weren't open yet.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

You can order either model, they just aren't building them yet. My dealer asked me if I wanted a fastback or convertible and both were listed as available to order back on the 20th.

Member:
MCA 42645
Cars:
1964-1/2 Mustang 260 Conv, 1966 Mustang 289 Coupe, both projects
2001 F-150 Lariat for daily use.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerat View Post
You can order either model, they just aren't building them yet. My dealer asked me if I wanted a fastback or convertible and both were listed as available to order back on the 20th.
Didn't know that! Now I have to go convince the wife we should order one. I have an XPlan pin. I wouldn't receive it until after the first of the year anyway, I'm sure.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
Apprentice

Although..looks like a GT Premium Fastback and an Ecoboost Premium convertible are going to be about the same price. Tough decision.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I was quoted delivery between Dec 2014 and March 2015, if I get it in the Spring of 2015 it will be perfect
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Apprentice

I just tried to order a convertible and was told that orders are not being accepted yet. Convertibles won't be built until Job 2 which should begin somewhere next spring. I don't understand why dealers all seem to have such conflicting information. My dealer said convertible is not even in the order screen. ?!?! They were able to quote me X-Plan pricing on the same car in coupe..but not vert.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Job 2 is actually in October not spring, I was able to order with no issues and in fact I changed my color from Guard to DIB, saw Guard on an actual car and decided it was not for me. I don't think your dealer has all the facts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Apprentice

Did you get an actual order number? It would be an "unscheduled order" with "material hold"? I haven't seen where Job 2 date has been announced/confirmed anywhere. ? What is the source of the October date?

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yes I have an order number and right now it says "Clean Unscheduled Order"
Apprentice

Message I got back from the dealer: "When I punch in the specs on the Convertible after it tells me not yet available, the ordering program shows the page is blank of any numbers.

I am being told we won’t see any Mustangs from job 1 until December. I am going to quiz my zone Rep and try and get some better answers for you. I just may have my GM call her.

I will report back to you just as soon as possible."

Hope he has good news...or time to find another dealer.

Apprentice

anyone else successfully order a convertible? Why is there so much conflicting information and confusion between dealers??

Apprentice

Just got this from the dealer:
My Zone rep told my GM; “OCT 27 unofficially for convertibles” for Job 2 to begin. *I still don’t have pricing in the system yet, for Convertibles. *And it doesn’t take an order without pricing.

WTH! Time to find a new dealer!

Rookie

So if I go order a 15' should I be expecting to pay msrp or can I get 1500-2000 off? I find it hard to pay msrp on any car but I have no idea what to expect.

My signature consists of a simple fact. Mustang is a muscle car. Have a nice day.
Apprentice

Dealers will take xplan. I would think they would deal a bit too. I would shoot for invoice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page