The S550 has won another S197 Lover over! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

The S550 has won another S197 Lover over!

I love my S197. Its an 05 with a blower making 450ish to the tires.
But I have made up my mind that I need a new project. And this new car is it. IRS, great new tech options and 5.0 power (that will make insane power with FI).

The final deciding factor was that the new car did not gain too much weight. I have already played around with the Build and Price. I am either getting a Base GT, auto, 355, Recaros or a Premium GT, Auto, 355, 401B and Recaros. The color will be Magnetic. I just have to decide if I want it in the Fall or next year. If I want it sooner I will get the Base GT and if I wait it will be a loaded Premium.

I wont buy the car until I have enough saved for a big downpayment and also enough for a Roush supercharger and some supporting mods.

My 2005 is for sale in the classifieds and I will also list her on Autotrader, a couple other forums and maybe Ebay.

So either in the fall/winter or late next summer I will be a part of the S550 club!

I have also owned an 89 LX 4pot, 04 GT. So my trend is to get a new body style when it comes out and to skip the refreshes.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I haven't been keeping up with the S550s so I just noticed they're referring to them as "Fastbacks". I gotta go see one in person and check it out. Pics just aren't cuttin it for me.

Love the fact that your gonna slap a SC on right of the bat. To this day I can count on one hand the number of newer Camaros I've seen that have had major builds done to them. One was full exhaust and supercharged.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
PONY Member

wait for the premium

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
Apprentice

I heard that ford has decent pricing right now. They aren't ripping people off because it's brand new....if that's the case, I'd go base. Never really seen much value in the premiums.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014
PONY Member

All the hype aside, I'd wait. It's the first year of the new generation. Stuff will go wrong. Wait a few months, save up, and get the premium. Don't get me wrong the base GT comes nicely loaded, but I want to be as comfortable as can be if I am going to stay in the car 15+ hours a week. Just my 2 cents. You'll love whichever option you go with.

Car: 2011 Black Mustang v6, 6-Speed Auto, Premium Package
MODS: KW Variant 3 Coilovers w/ Maximum Motorsport CC Plates | J&M Adj. Panhard Rod | AEM Intake | Bama 91R | Borla S-Type Axle-Back | Boss Front Conversion w/ Saleen Grille + Foglight w/ Auto Headlight | Boss Rear Diffuser | Forgestar F14 18x10 +42 w/ Nitto NT05 275/35-18 (all around)| BMR LCA | SVT GT500 BBK|
Chuckwalla(CW)-2:21.065
Streets of Willow(CCW)- 1:29.661
Buttonwillow(CCW)-Let's not talk about it
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014
Apprentice

I agree
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBBlackStang View Post
15+ hours a week..
Heck I plan on 15 hours a day when I first get mine Seriously though I am gonna drive the heck out of it, winter or not.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014
Rookie

can't agree anymore...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page