Ordering what should I do?!? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
OK y'all, I see I'm gonna have to write a prescription for a few all the way around.

If I've said it a million times, I'll say it again....it doesn't matter how a member came into owning his/her Mustang, not one bit.

Yes, most of us bought and paid for ours, and those of us who did appreciate them more because of that-but who among us wouldn't have given a body part to have had our parents drop one on us as a graduation present? Yeah, I thought so.

So stop with the jealousy already and give the kid a break. He asked a question, and some of you answered the question he asked without the homily about earning the car and to those of you who did that, I thank you.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
OK y'all, I see I'm gonna have to write a prescription for a few all the way around.

If I've said it a million times, I'll say it again....it doesn't matter how a member came into owning his/her Mustang, not one bit.

Yes, most of us bought and paid for ours, and those of us who did appreciate them more because of that-but who among us wouldn't have given a body part to have had our parents drop one on us as a graduation present? Yeah, I thought so.

So stop with the jealousy already and give the kid a break. He asked a question, and some of you answered the question he asked without the homily about earning the car and to those of you who did that, I thank you.

Thanks man appreciate that.

Ordered 2015 Mustang Gt, Performance Package, Recaros, and Reverse Sensing.The wait begins!!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'm sorry, but at 18 why are you ordering a $40,000 car? On top of that you're worried about gas mileage? Save your money. Go to school. Buy a slightly used V6. Something, anything. Just don't do it!
The intent of your comment was not lost on me, especially as I work in the field of education; however, you never know this young man's situation. Maybe his parents are doctors and money is no issue. Maybe his grandfather is paying for the car. Maybe he works construction or on the oil rigs and is making more than 80% of Americans. Maybe he is taking night classes and working full-time. Maybe he isn't college material (not meant in an insulting way) and is learning a trade while getting paid.

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegreg181 View Post
Thanks man appreciate that.
Didn't read the entire thread before I posted, but my gut instinct was on point. Congrats in advance on the new car. Make your parents proud. Be safe, as I went with the V6 convertible cruiser rather than the GT coupe even at age 33 because I was afraid I'd commit serious infractions driving around a 420HP car whenever I wanted. Too much for my devious self.

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy9946 View Post
Didn't read the entire thread before I posted, but my gut instinct was on point. Congrats in advance on the new car. Make your parents proud. Be safe, as I went with the V6 convertible cruiser rather than the GT coupe even at age 33 because I was afraid I'd commit serious infractions driving around a 420HP car whenever I wanted. Too much for my devious self.
That's my intent is to do the best of my ability in everything I do so my parents will be proud. Because on top of that, that will give me satisfaction seeing the gratitude in my parents. I haven't been in a traffic violation so far in my life so I am going to try my best not to lol.

Ordered 2015 Mustang Gt, Performance Package, Recaros, and Reverse Sensing.The wait begins!!
Apprentice

If I was 18 and had the money to drop on a brand new gt, knowing what I know now I'd go with a base V6, do a few mods and stick the rest in a roth IRA account. But hey, I also know there's no way to change an 18 year old's mind, so have fun with the new ride.
Rookie

olegreg181

Surprisingly enough, none of these responses have given you the information you really truly need.

1) The jealousy you will experience in college is gonna be much greater than some of the replies here. Only there, it may not be just words; your new love make get keyed, or much worse. College is not the place for a new $40k car that you plan on keeping for 10 years. Buy a used certified mustang gt for much less (if you must have a GT) for college, and save the new car thought for when you graduate.

2) Many larger colleges won’t even allow freshman (sometimes even sophomores) to have cars on campus. So, unless you will be living off campus (some colleges require you to be on campus as a freshman), no car for you.

3) Lastly, if you are serious about a GT, and you haven’t done so yet, take some serious driving lessons, i.e. at a track. Learn how to control the car when hit with adverse conditions, stopping, skidding, in wet and dry, etc… you won’t regret it and you won’t be the next story to tell about a car and a tree. And, believe me, everyone either hit a tree or knows someone who has.

Have fun!
PONY Member

It's always fun to watch how people are so ignorant about who deserves what car. Happens all the time in my University. Someone drives up in a nicer car, everyone freaks and starts saying stuff like "daddy bought" or other disrespectful phrases. Get what makes you happy, and I think you'll appreciate it regardless.

Anyways back on topic.

Quote:
Alright guys, Monday I am going to the Ford Dealership and finally ordering a 2015 Mustang Gt. I am for sure getting the Performance Pck ( Brembos ), and Recaros. I know that mustang seats are not the best, but the ones that have sat in a 2015, how comfortable are the seats? Is it worth getting the Recaros? My next question is there much mpg between the 3:55 and 3:71? I know you don't buy a sport car to get good gas mileage but at 18 I would like a little help. I have looked into alittle bit and I am heading more in the path of the 3:55's. Although if I get the 3:71's, I am going to try to start in 2nd and shift into 4th to save on gas. Is their anything else I should look into that y'all would suggest since I am defiantly gonna keep this my whole life if it prevails.
I would do the 3.73 gears because the benefits outweigh the marginal MPG losses. As for the Recaros, I am debating as well. From what I've heard, the stock seats for the 2015 are massively improved. I suggest go sit in the base seat first before taking the dive for Recaros. The thing with aggressive seats is that they're very comfortable on short drives, but pretty miserable on long cruises. Save money and keep the stock seats if you are not going to track.

Car: 2011 Black Mustang v6, 6-Speed Auto, Premium Package
MODS: KW Variant 3 Coilovers w/ Maximum Motorsport CC Plates | J&M Adj. Panhard Rod | AEM Intake | Bama 91R | Borla S-Type Axle-Back | Boss Front Conversion w/ Saleen Grille + Foglight w/ Auto Headlight | Boss Rear Diffuser | Forgestar F14 18x10 +42 w/ Nitto NT05 275/35-18 (all around)| BMR LCA | SVT GT500 BBK|
Chuckwalla(CW)-2:21.065
Streets of Willow(CCW)- 1:29.661
Buttonwillow(CCW)-Let's not talk about it
Rookie
S197 Member

to counter DBBlackSTang's POV, i vote get the recaro's no matter what and just sell them - you can't get them for as cheap after as you can when they're new

2013 GT (black)
3.73 gears
Tech Package
Apprentice

I'm pretty sure if I'd gotten a mustang GT at 18 I wouldn't have been alive 10 years later to see what my totaled car would looked like. Anyway, if it's free to you, definitely get the performance package, and the big gear. If you are that concerned about gas you should be getting a Prius...

Don't bother with the seats unless you've sat in them. You can always swap them later. Plus if your mom doesn't like the stock seats she probably is going to like a racing seat less.

Anyway, take advantage buddy. Not many of us were in the position to have parents that were willing or able to drop that kind of money on our fist cars. I still drive a 1998 civic most of time that I bought. Granted my father did finance me the cash at 0%. I spent my college years and a couple after paying him back...

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Manual, Black, C&L Racer Intake w/ Bama Perf tune
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditgt View Post
I'm pretty sure if I'd gotten a mustang GT at 18 I wouldn't have been alive 10 years later to see what my totaled car would looked like. Anyway, if it's free to you, definitely get the performance package, and the big gear. If you are that concerned about gas you should be getting a Prius...

Don't bother with the seats unless you've sat in them. You can always swap them later. Plus if your mom doesn't like the stock seats she probably is going to like a racing seat less.

Anyway, take advantage buddy. Not many of us were in the position to have parents that were willing or able to drop that kind of money on our fist cars. I still drive a 1998 civic most of time that I bought. Granted my father did finance me the cash at 0%. I spent my college years and a couple after paying him back...
Again, I am not to concerned about gas. I was just curious on whats the difference between the ratios. And my first car/truck is a Chevy Colorado at 194--- miles on it, which I want to join the 200 club before I sell it . The Mustang will be my graduation/18 birthday gift.

PONY Member

Quote:
Again, I am not to concerned about gas. I was just curious on whats the difference between the ratios. And my first car/truck is a Chevy Colorado at 194--- miles on it, which I want to join the 200 club before I sell it . The Mustang will be my graduation/18 birthday gift.
You will only know the difference if you start with one and switch to another. You are fine regardless which you go with. The 3.73 will lower your 0-60 time and increase rpm at highway cruising speed. Just go with the performance pack. The wheels and diff itself is already worth it.

Car: 2011 Black Mustang v6, 6-Speed Auto, Premium Package
MODS: KW Variant 3 Coilovers w/ Maximum Motorsport CC Plates | J&M Adj. Panhard Rod | AEM Intake | Bama 91R | Borla S-Type Axle-Back | Boss Front Conversion w/ Saleen Grille + Foglight w/ Auto Headlight | Boss Rear Diffuser | Forgestar F14 18x10 +42 w/ Nitto NT05 275/35-18 (all around)| BMR LCA | SVT GT500 BBK|
Chuckwalla(CW)-2:21.065
Streets of Willow(CCW)- 1:29.661
Buttonwillow(CCW)-Let's not talk about it
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBBlackStang View Post
You will only know the difference if you start with one and switch to another. You are fine regardless which you go with. The 3.73 will lower your 0-60 time and increase rpm at highway cruising speed. Just go with the performance pack. The wheels and diff itself is already worth it.
Not always true, stock car with 3.73 requires a shift into 3rd for 60mph. 3.31 does not and can continue on uo to 75ish.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page