Ordering what should I do?!? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ordering what should I do?!?

Alright guys, Monday I am going to the Ford Dealership and finally ordering a 2015 Mustang Gt. I am for sure getting the Performance Pck ( Brembos ), and Recaros. I know that mustang seats are not the best, but the ones that have sat in a 2015, how comfortable are the seats? Is it worth getting the Recaros? My next question is there much mpg between the 3:55 and 3:71? I know you don't buy a sport car to get good gas mileage but at 18 I would like a little help. I have looked into alittle bit and I am heading more in the path of the 3:55's. Although if I get the 3:71's, I am going to try to start in 2nd and shift into 4th to save on gas. Is their anything else I should look into that y'all would suggest since I am defiantly gonna keep this my whole life if it prevails.

Ordered 2015 Mustang Gt, Performance Package, Recaros, and Reverse Sensing.The wait begins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
PONY Member

I had 3.31 in my 2007 GT, and my 2010 GT has 3.73. According to the info display, I've averaged 19.9 MPG with both cars.

However, the 3.73 gears give my 2010 more pep, and a better feel all around than my 07 had. Even if my mileage dropped a bit, I wouldn't care. The performance bump more than makes up for it in my opinion.

I say go for the 3.71.

And yes, we'll need pictures as soon as you get it.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
GO with the 3.71 cause that way you save money from the start since the mod bug will bite and you will want to gear it later on anyways. For city driving a taller gear is usually more economical, its highway that it hurts on.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
I'm sorry, but at 18 why are you ordering a $40,000 car? On top of that you're worried about gas mileage? Save your money. Go to school. Buy a slightly used V6. Something, anything. Just don't do it!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'm sorry, but at 18 why are you ordering a $40,000 car? On top of that you're worried about gas mileage? Save your money. Go to school. Buy a slightly used V6. Something, anything. Just don't do it!
Yea, asking about MPG tells us that you should probably go to school and get a better paying job first! Mustangs will still be around!

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Yet, again someone is unhappy, and I am going to college thank you very much, and its not 40000 to be exact. And believe me I am not going to deny that my parents are getting it for me. I want to get a used car as stupid as it sounds, but if my parents are going to foot the bill, I want to make the best decision possible. The reason I would want a used vehicle is because I think you can get more for your money. On the other hand my dad will have nothing with a used vehicle and is also the reason why I am getting a Gt. He doesn't want me to have a "girly" (trying not to say what he said because it would get taken off) mustang. And yes even though similes per miles is great, its hard on a college kid.

Ordered 2015 Mustang Gt, Performance Package, Recaros, and Reverse Sensing.The wait begins!!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by green97probe View Post
I had 3.31 in my 2007 GT, and my 2010 GT has 3.73. According to the info display, I've averaged 19.9 MPG with both cars.

However, the 3.73 gears give my 2010 more pep, and a better feel all around than my 07 had. Even if my mileage dropped a bit, I wouldn't care. The performance bump more than makes up for it in my opinion.

I say go for the 3.71.

And yes, we'll need pictures as soon as you get it.
So, with your situation there was no difference? Did you change your driving style?

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegreg181 View Post
Yet, again someone is unhappy, and I am going to college thank you very much, and its not 40000 to be exact. And believe me I am not going to deny that my parents are getting it for me. I want to get a used car as stupid as it sounds, but if my parents are going to foot the bill, I want to make the best decision possible. The reason I would want a used vehicle is because I think you can get more for your money. On the other hand my dad will have nothing with a used vehicle and is also the reason why I am getting a Gt. He doesn't want me to have a "girly" (trying not to say what he said because it would get taken off) mustang. And yes even though similes per miles is great, its hard on a college kid.
Definitely not unhappy. It's even worse that your parents are willing to foot the bill for you. The last thing the world needs is more teenage kids getting things handed to them on a silver platter. I know that you won't understand that now because all you're concerned about is getting that shiny new car. I routinely supervise groups of 15 or more in my job and of all the age groups that I've worked with the 25 and younger crowd is by far the most self centered and self deserving group. More power to you if your parents are willing to spend that much money on a teenage kid but I'm here to tell you that you'll appreciate it a hell of a lot more if you if you actually spend a few years out of high school working for it and earning it yourself.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Oh. I just realized that the Perf. Pck comes with 3:71 limited slip so I guess that's what I shall have.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Alright, if you just started trashing me in that last post, that says a lot about you! Trust me I know you won't know my situation, but I am going to make the best out of this situation so that's why I asked y'all. The guys that should help me make a decision tell me something wrong that I may be doing .Please don't just say "Then why are you throwing on the pck's for. One my mom hates the 2014 seats so she researched and asked if I wanted Recaros." I just want to be able to look back in 10 years and have in my garage the car I graduated with. Trust me I know I would appreciate it more if I worked for it. But I am going to be grateful and and do everything to the best of my ability because that's what my parents want. Then again you can't just call me out assuming that I am apart of the group of adults you work with. And I am defiantly not going to spend a few years out of high school working to earn for it when I can be in college. If it was up to me I would keep my Chevy Colorado but my parents do not want to send me to school with a truck with 200,000 miles on it. So if anyone knows if the seats have gotten any better from the 14 to 15 in comfortably it would be much appreciated.

PONY Member

Quote:
Alright, if you just started trashing me in that last post, that says a lot about you! Trust me I know you won't know my situation, but I am going to make the best out of this situation so that's why I asked y'all. The guys that should help me make a decision tell me something wrong that I may be doing .Please don't just say "Then why are you throwing on the pck's for. One my mom hates the 2014 seats so she researched and asked if I wanted Recaros." I just want to be able to look back in 10 years and have in my garage the car I graduated with. Trust me I know I would appreciate it more if I worked for it. But I am going to be grateful and and do everything to the best of my ability because that's what my parents want. Then again you can't just call me out assuming that I am apart of the group of adults you work with. And I am defiantly not going to spend a few years out of high school working to earn for it when I can be in college. If it was up to me I would keep my Chevy Colorado but my parents do not want to send me to school with a truck with 200,000 miles on it. So if anyone knows if the seats have gotten any better from the 14 to 15 in comfortably it would be much appreciated.

When you ask for advice, be prepared to get some that you don't want. That's a sign of maturity. His particular comment was attempting to save you from financial ruin throughout your 20s. Since your parents are buying it, this is no longer the case.

It is you, not him that needs to calm down.

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

But I am calm...

PONY Member

Quote:
As far as gears go I've had 2.73s which are an abomination to any car, swapped those for 3.73s which were much better, if your going to do more town than freeway driving, than get the steeper gears but I personally wouldn't go lower than 3.55s.

As for recaros get them, and again, get them. And I'll put it this way, from the factory the seats are a $1,500 option to buy them aftermarket they are 3 grand for the 13 and 14 mustangs. The recaros will be better than the stock seats granted you aren't really big or have back issues and so forth. As an added plus if you don't like them there will always be someone who will be willing to swap you seats and probably give you cash on top.

As for the whole parents buying the car for you it's whatever man just don't be the stereotype. I had an 16 year old coworker who's parents bought him an 07 Shelby GT500, he wrecked it. There was another 18 year old kid who's dad bought him a brand new Audi R8 V10. He ran a $160,000 supercar through our automated car wash frequently, well that was until he rear ended someone doing a 100mph on 40mph street. Rule number 1, don't be dumb and enjoy and baby that thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
Rookie

I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but you're getting a free car and you are worried about affording gas? I vote no car until you can afford gas... because the savings we are talking about here would have to be just a few hundred bucks a year or less.

My signature consists of a simple fact. Mustang is a muscle car. Have a nice day.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloStang2010 View Post
As far as gears go I've had 2.73s which are an abomination to any car, swapped those for 3.73s which were much better, if your going to do more town than freeway driving, than get the steeper gears but I personally wouldn't go lower than 3.55s.

As for recaros get them, and again, get them. And I'll put it this way, from the factory the seats are a $1,500 option to buy them aftermarket they are 3 grand for the 13 and 14 mustangs. The recaros will be better than the stock seats granted you aren't really big or have back issues and so forth. As an added plus if you don't like them there will always be someone who will be willing to swap you seats and probably give you cash on top.

As for the whole parents buying the car for you it's whatever man just don't be the stereotype. I had an 16 year old coworker who's parents bought him an 07 Shelby GT500, he wrecked it. There was another 18 year old kid who's dad bought him a brand new Audi R8 V10. He ran a $160,000 supercar through our automated car wash frequently, well that was until he rear ended someone doing a 100mph on 40mph street. Rule number 1, don't be dumb and enjoy and baby that thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The one thing I don't want to do is follow the stereotype of kids rapping their really nice cars around a tree. I know one kid graduated I think 2 years ago dad gave him a Viper, when homecoming came around he rapped it around a pole and burned it to the ground. And I can afford the gas I just wanted to know if there was a difference between the 3:55 and 3:71. Thanks for the opinions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page