Dealership says they can't track my order? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dealership says they can't track my order?

I went to the dealership to order my 2015 Mustang. I told the dealership that I wanted to be there on arrival and have my order number emailed to me as soon as the car was ordered. Fast forward 3 and half weeks and have got nothing. I called my dealership says they don't have anything for me to track my car WTF. I go online to the ford website to the tracking page all I need is the order number to follow the tracking correct?

Ordered 2015 Mustang Gt, Performance Package, Recaros, and Reverse Sensing.The wait begins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014
BOSS Member

IMHO...Dealer is FOS...I bet they haven't even ordered to the

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegreg181 View Post
I went to the dealership to order my 2015 Mustang. I told the dealership that I wanted to be there on arrival and have my order number emailed to me as soon as the car was ordered. Fast forward 3 and half weeks and have got nothing. I called my dealership says they don't have anything for me to track my car WTF. I go online to the ford website to the tracking page all I need is the order number to follow the tracking correct?
When you ordered your car, did your dealer provide you a copy of the order confirmation sheet? It should like like this:
Dealership says they can't track my order?-invoice-1.jpg

If not, I would get a copy of that from them. On that sheet will be your order number and the dealer number. That is the information you will need to track your order on the order tracking site:

Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

Current - 2012 GT Premium, Black, Brembo Brake Package
On order - 2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, 400A, Ceramic, Performance Package
Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post
When you ordered your car, did your dealer provide you a copy of the order confirmation sheet? It should like like this:
Attachment 363345

If not, I would get a copy of that from them. On that sheet will be your order number and the dealer number. That is the information you will need to track your order on the order tracking site:

Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com

That is what I told them I wanted! I am tired of this. I am going to the dealership and gonna raise hell. I already put a down payment and want my car as soon as possible!

Ordered 2015 Mustang Gt, Performance Package, Recaros, and Reverse Sensing.The wait begins!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
That is what I told them I wanted! I am tired of this. I am going to the dealership and gonna raise hell. I already put a down payment and want my car as soon as possible!
Did they at least give you the order number? If so, maybe you can call them and get the dealer number from them. That way, you can track it on your own. Also, you can give Deysha a PM and she may be able to track your order for you. Another option is to call Ford directly. I called the Ford marketing number to order a brochure and the rep on the phone was able to look my order up and give me a status on it. I would try that also. The number is 1 (800) 334-4375.

Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post
Did they at least give you the order number? If so, maybe you can call them and get the dealer number from them. That way, you can track it on your own. Also, you can give Deysha a PM and she may be able to track your order for you. Another option is to call Ford directly. I called the Ford marketing number to order a brochure and the rep on the phone was able to look my order up and give me a status on it. I would try that also. The number is 1 (800) 334-4375.
Appreciate it! Unfortunately they are gonna get it!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Appreciate it! Unfortunately they are gonna get it!
Go get 'em! They may even offer to schedule a test drive. The rep asked me if I wanted to schedule a personal test drive at my dealer, so I set it up.

Hope you get this figured out!

Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014
PONY Member

your dealer sucks, I already have my vin number

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
your dealer sucks, I already have my vin number
Today was interesting none the least. I canceled my order at Covington Ford in Georgia. I do not recommend anyone deal with them. Even though they did not lie to me. They omitted the
fact that they could not order my car, and was just holding my order till they could. And the dealership in Covington told me I wouldn't get a order confirmation sheet LOL. They BS so much it wasnt funny. With out going into every detail, I had to call Ford and tell them my problem. The representative I said to me, "Can you hold for me while I call the dealership ask them some questions." Fast forward 3 hours, I arrive to the dealership to cancel and I see the salesman "Fred" getting chewed out because he made promises he could not keep ( face red as a cherry). So I guess the rep I called at Ford said a few words to the manger They scheduled a test drive for me as soon as one comes in my area. Since Covington Ford did not cash my down payment, I canceled it and moved on to Conyers Ford in Georgia. Tomorrow we will finalize the deal when the new car manager arrives. They were awesome and the wait begins, again.

And Thanks for rubbing it in!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page