New performance details released today! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Id guess both the V6 and V8 will have very similar performance to the 2014s. I cant wait to drive one though to see what a Mustang feels like with IRS (terminators were never sold in my country).

What do you think about the Ecoboost vs. the V6? Torque figures are definitely higher, you think it will be enough to justify the jump to the Ecoboost or the performance be very similar? The current V6 is not a slow car...

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabluev6 View Post
Id guess both the V6 and V8 will have very similar performance to the 2014s. I cant wait to drive one though to see what a Mustang feels like with IRS (terminators were never sold in my country).

What do you think about the Ecoboost vs. the V6? Torque figures are definitely higher, you think it will be enough to justify the jump to the Ecoboost or the performance be very similar? The current V6 is not a slow car...
Unless the ecoboost is getting jaw dropping increases in MPG over the v6, I would never take the turbo 4 cyl over a v6. Only reason to take the ecoboost is if you want the premium interior option cheaper and don't want to buy the premium GT.

The v6 and ecoboost models are a disappointment to me, GT is only one that isnt a total disappointment.

My signature consists of a simple fact. Mustang is a muscle car. Have a nice day.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelertown View Post
The v6 and ecoboost models are a disappointment to me, GT is only one that isnt a total disappointment.
A 310 hp four cylinder is a disappointment to you? It's as powerful as the 3v 4.6 from just five years ago and is half the size. No disappointment to me there whatsoever.

I would buy the turbo 4 over the V6 in a heartbeat.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
When the new Camaro is released the 5.0 will get a bump. I'll bet Ford left a lot on the table with this motor, since they changed the internals so much.
^^^ This The 2016 Camaro will be out Spring of 2016. Ford will have their 2017's roll out that summer with a HP bump to piss on that parade like they did the zl1. So 435 will be a two year run.

Solid numbers but no real WOW factor so these numbers don't entice me to be in the market but if I was, the 2015 stang would be my choice and is the best choice once again.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Haaaaaayyyyyy, wait a second; It just dawned on me....

2015: 3704 lbs/435 horsepower=8.5 lbs/hp

2014: 3618 lbs/420 horsepower=8.6 lbs/hp

That's like, almost NO difference at all, not really a measurable difference at the strip...

I hope the IRS really makes up for it on the road course!
Yeah it's all about how the power gets to the ground. Look at the Camaro SS 1LE. Significantly faster even in a straight line than the regular SS and with the same engine.

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I would have guessed 440 and hoped I came in low. We all know Ford can get 445 out of that engine without pushing it much. I'm disappointed with 435. The tunes is probably conservative enough that you can beat the hell out of it without too much worry though.

They will bump to 440 or 445 in year 2.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Haaaaaayyyyyy, wait a second; It just dawned on me....

2015: 3704 lbs/435 horsepower=8.5 lbs/hp

2014: 3618 lbs/420 horsepower=8.6 lbs/hp

That's like, almost NO difference at all, not really a measurable difference at the strip...

I hope the IRS really makes up for it on the road course!

And probably less to the rear wheels. Parasitic losses through IRS are greater than solid axle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Apprentice

Standard 2015 base V6 might actually be a better drive than the 2014 V6 (excluding performance package cars) simply because of the different standard gearing.

That being said, the suspension being the big change this year and the power jump coming to match/beat the next generation Camaro makes more sense than having a huge power jump now.

Current: 2014 V6 Mustang Premium, Automatic Transmission, Oxford White, Safety & Security Package.

Previous: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS, bone-stock except for automatic transmission.
Apprentice

I wonder if tuners will be able to get more out of the 2015 since it supposedly has stronger internals.

2013 Sterling Grey Mustang GT - Premium -AT6
Best 100% stock 1/4 time = 12.79
PONY Member

Garage
The weak HP numbers will cause many buyers who are currently on the fence to just hold off until 2017/18 or perhaps pony up the cash for the GT350. It's looking more and more like Ford is going to be fortunate to hit that magical 100,000 units the first year. Maybe the current generation of young people will grasp onto the new styling and HP, but to many of us old timers, it's just more of the same stuff but at a higher price tag. On the other hand, if Ford would have pushed it to 245-250HP, and tried to open up sales by including an AWD version, I could see sales hitting 130-150,000. I can't count how many times I've heard people comment that they'd buy a "stang" for themselves or sons/daughters if AWD option was available. I could be wrong....just an idea thought.

Jedi D.

****I really think that Ford will lose the top performance crown of the Shelby GT500 to the Challenger "Hellcat." I can't foresee the GT350 putting out anywhere near those numbers. The "Hellcat" numbers released this week by Dodge (707HP) have it at a quarter mile of 11.2 sec (10.8 with slicks), 0-60 mid 3's, and a top speed of 199mph with an MSRP of $60,990. Since I don't track, I purchase this over a Chevy Z28.......but the Shelby GT500 would still be my first choice!

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
I can't count how many times I've heard people comment that they'd buy a "stang" for themselves or sons/daughters if AWD option was available. I could be wrong....just an idea.

Jedi D.
Pretty interesting, but south of the Mason-Dixon line, nobody ever says that.

PONY Member

Garage
Bgoins:

True, but us Ohio folk have a different perspective.....it's called winter!

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Question Uhhh, uhhh, mmmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelertown View Post
Unless the ecoboost is getting jaw dropping increases in MPG over the v6, I would never take the turbo 4 cyl over a v6. Only reason to take the ecoboost is if you want the premium interior option cheaper and don't want to buy the premium GT.

I think your perception and speculation is a bit premature since we have zero knowledge of how the EcoBoost performs and drives.

Many people prefer Turbo engines to NA V6's since they have more torque at much lower rpm's, which tends to improve the driving experience. Since this is a twin-scroll Turbo 4-cyl, boost will come on early and smoothly.

In just a few months, the reviews will be rolling in and we will all know if Ford hit the mark.

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
Bgoins:

True, but us Ohio folk have a different perspective.....it's called winter!
For sure! I live near Va Beach and this past winter I drove in the snow maybe 3-4 times. I'd usually borrow my wife's Prius when it happened which does surprisingly well in the snow

Californicajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenfish39 View Post
I'll bet Ford left a lot on the table with this motor, since they changed the internals so much.
I agree with this statement completely! Within the next 2 years, they'll see the real street numbers and raise it to new 450hp without actually changing next to anything. Just like the oil rings from the 2011-2012 models etc.
These strong internals on the 2015 will hold more FI boost and raise the bar a little on safe operating HP levels due to mods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page