New performance details released today! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Californicajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
I would have guessed 440 and hoped I came in low. We all know Ford can get 445 out of that engine without pushing it much. I'm disappointed with 435. The tunes is probably conservative enough that you can beat the hell out of it without too much worry though.

They will bump to 440 or 445 in year 2.
AGREED!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelertown View Post
Unless the ecoboost is getting jaw dropping increases in MPG over the v6, I would never take the turbo 4 cyl over a v6. Only reason to take the ecoboost is if you want the premium interior option cheaper and don't want to buy the premium GT.

The v6 and ecoboost models are a disappointment to me, GT is only one that isnt a total disappointment.
I agree, the 4 cylinder better have great gas mileage to make it worth it! I sure don't want to pay for the premium gas prices just for a turbo. At least my 2014 V6 is pretty close in performance with the newer 2015.

2014 Mustang V6 MCA DIB
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post

****I really think that Ford will lose the top performance crown of the Shelby GT500 to the Challenger "Hellcat." I can't foresee the GT350 putting out anywhere near those numbers. The "Hellcat" numbers released this week by Dodge (707HP) have it at a quarter mile of 11.2 sec (10.8 with slicks), 0-60 mid 3's, and a top speed of 199mph with an MSRP of $60,990. Since I don't track, I purchase this over a Chevy Z28.......but the Shelby GT500 would still be my first choice!
I agree. I noticed the Hellcat release too and it has very impressive numbers. I am not nor have I ever been a Challenger fan, but this is a major hit to the Shelby crown.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
The weak HP numbers will cause many buyers who are currently on the fence to just hold off until 2017/18 or perhaps pony up the cash for the GT350. It's looking more and more like Ford is going to be fortunate to hit that magical 100,000 units the first year. Maybe the current generation of young people will grasp onto the new styling and HP, but to many of us old timers, it's just more of the same stuff but at a higher price tag. On the other hand, if Ford would have pushed it to 245-250HP, and tried to open up sales by including an AWD version, I could see sales hitting 130-150,000. I can't count how many times I've heard people comment that they'd buy a "stang" for themselves or sons/daughters if AWD option was available. I could be wrong....just an idea thought.

Jedi D.

****I really think that Ford will lose the top performance crown of the Shelby GT500 to the Challenger "Hellcat." I can't foresee the GT350 putting out anywhere near those numbers. The "Hellcat" numbers released this week by Dodge (707HP) have it at a quarter mile of 11.2 sec (10.8 with slicks), 0-60 mid 3's, and a top speed of 199mph with an MSRP of $60,990. Since I don't track, I purchase this over a Chevy Z28.......but the Shelby GT500 would still be my first choice!
They're shooting for a 500hp N/A 5.0 in the GT350. It will be a corner carving monster. And from the video, it is VERY good at that!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74gtstang View Post
this is a major hit to the Shelby crown.
I don't think so.

Shelby wasn't only known for big horsepower drag racers. The GT500 did a good job fulfilling its legacy and now a new GT350 will do the same. It's a different type of car with a different emphasis.

I would strongly consider a GT350 in a few years. Based on the recently posted videos, the supposed "R" models sounded absolutely fantastic too.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I don't think so.

Shelby wasn't only known for big horsepower drag racers. The GT500 did a good job fulfilling its legacy and now a new GT350 will do the same. It's a different type of car with a different emphasis.

I would strongly consider a GT350 in a few years. Based on the recently posted videos, the supposed "R" models sounded absolutely fantastic too.
The old GT350 did well on road courses, better than the GT500. Ford is following suit with the new car.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
BOSS Member

Garage
That's really where Carroll Shelby made a name for himself.
MACH I Member

I mean did you see the video and how hard they are coming out of the Carousel? Jeebus.

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
I mean did you see the video and how hard they are coming out of the Carousel? Jeebus.

That's the one I was talking about. Loved it.
Apprentice

2015 Mustang GT, 435HP

So, with the 2015 being 435HP, what do you think it will run in the 1/4 mile? I know it weighs a little more than the previous models, is it worth the upgrade?
BOSS Member

Garage
There is an S550 section. This isn't it.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s550/
MACH I Member

Quote:
That's the one I was talking about. Loved it.
Gave me a chub, not even going to lie.

MACH I Member

Quote:
That's really where Carroll Shelby made a name for himself.
If you're ever in northeast TX give me a holler. I'll take you by his gravesite.

GT Member

Seriously, how is this tech?

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I`ll move it to the correct forum.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page