New performance details released today! - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Says right there in the second picture, pony car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Lol. He probably didnt read the text.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

And it says in Bold lettering Ford MUSCLE. Point?

BRB I have to go look at parts for my car now what is that website I am looking for...

Is it americanmuscle.com or americannotmuscle? Oh right, American muscle.

My signature consists of a simple fact. Mustang is a muscle car. Have a nice day.

Last edited by steelertown; 07-22-2014 at 11:02 PM.
BOSS Member

Garage
Wow. Give it a rest.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Wow. Give it a rest.
It's ok. I'll get mine at CJ Pony Parts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Wow. Give it a rest.

I agree, wholeheartedly.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Only true muscle car is the Challenger.
Embrace Mustang for what it is today, an affordable sports car. No point in denying it and either way it really doesn't matter they are all awesome.

2001 Mustang V6 4-speed Automatic: Sold
2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed Manual: Current
Appearance Modifications: None Yet
Performance Modifications: None Yet
Rookie

I probably will get a new Ecoboost because they seem like they'll be as fast as my 07 GT was, which was fine for me. However, a low mileage 11-14 GT premium in grabber blue would be hard to resist for the right price. Once the '15s hit the lot more trades should come in, but then seeing the '15s in person might totally push me to going new.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I think if the car made a marginal improvement, 0-60 and 1/4 mile, they would have posted results a while ago. Not to long till we find out.

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Monty View Post
I probably will get a new Ecoboost because they seem like they'll be as fast as my 07 GT was, which was fine for me. However, a low mileage 11-14 GT premium in grabber blue would be hard to resist for the right price. Once the '15s hit the lot more trades should come in, but then seeing the '15s in person might totally push me to going new.
Probably faster than the 07.
I like the thought of boost in a Mustang but an inline 4 sounds "ricer"-ish to me. Curious if they will ever go AWD.
Once money starts coming in ill get the 5.0.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Toronto View Post
I think if the car made a marginal improvement, 0-60 and 1/4 mile, they would have posted results a while ago. Not to long till we find out.
Ehh, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile are really not a concern to me. I mean of people who care about those numbers, who keeps their car stock? So lets say the S550 comes out as a 13.0 car vs. the S197's 12.8 - I would rather take the stiffer chasis, IRS, and better weight distribution (not to mention the improvements for the MT-82 and the internal improvements in the motor itself).

For the guys that live and die with 1/4 mile numbers, any deficit in the cars stock will be completely made up for after bolt ons.

Over the last few weeks I have been extremely close to pulling the trigger on a new 2014 track pack with all the incentives, but knowing that the S550 was months away with all the interesting revisions done to make it a better driver car as kept me from doing it.

Although, I do dislike the front end. Hopefuly,follow on MY's will have a facelift.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Ehh, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile are really not a concern to me. I mean of people who care about those numbers, who keeps their car stock? So lets say the S550 comes out as a 13.0 car vs. the S197's 12.8 - I would rather take the stiffer chasis, IRS, and better weight distribution (not to mention the improvements for the MT-82 and the internal improvements in the motor itself).

For the guys that live and die with 1/4 mile numbers, any deficit in the cars stock will be completely made up for after bolt ons.

Over the last few weeks I have been extremely close to pulling the trigger on a new 2014 track pack with all the incentives, but knowing that the S550 was months away with all the interesting revisions done to make it a better driver car as kept me from doing it.

Although, I do dislike the front end. Hopefuly,follow on MY's will have a facelift.
I agree with you, I just think we all wanted it to have more power than 435/400. I will test drive a 15 as soon as they get to my local dealership. But I do not see myself upgrading from the 14 track pack just yet.

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
Banned

Mustang = "Muscle Car" vs. "Pony Car" vs. "Blah Blah Blah"

There is not now/never has been an official "Muscle Car Validation Organization", so the argument of what is a muscle car will continue until the end of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
... Overall, I think I am going to keep my 2011. I have no real reason to upgrade for a rounding error worth of power.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
... By the way, 'success' is a subjective term. The Camaro outsells the Mustang and has been for quite a while.
Except from 2003-2009, when they stopped making Camaros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
... Quarter mile times don't sell ****, they're just bragging rights for ret**ds on forums.
Negative.

Quarter mile times are directly related to/indicative of a vehicles 0-30, 0-60 times etc. That's common sense.

Regarding the '15 Stang ...

Having yet to see one in person, this pic represents my current thoughts on the matter:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	640.4 KB
ID:	367601  
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 R/Red 5.0 View Post
Mustang = "Muscle Car" vs. "Pony Car" vs. "Blah Blah Blah"

There is not now/never has been an official "Muscle Car Validation Organization", so the argument of what is a muscle car will continue until the end of time.

Yup.

Except from 2003-2009, when they stopped making Camaros.

Negative.

Quarter mile times are directly related to/indicative of a vehicles 0-30, 0-60 times etc. That's common sense.

Regarding the '15 Stang ...

Having yet to see one in person, this pic represents my current thoughts on the matter:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...862.html?t=862

Wouldn't necessarily say Camaro's are outselling Stang's either

Rookie

End of the day... your insurance will classify the car as a sports coupe..? Why? Cause its a coupe meant to do sporty things.. too many people are getting way too nationalistic with these muscle and pony titles man...
PONY Member

Garage
No reason at all for an upgrade (downgrade?) at this time. I still think the 2015 Mustang is going to be a sales disappointment....with the Camaro and new Challengers hitting the market, the Mustang will be lucky to hit 100,000 units per year after its initial 1st model year run.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page