Eco Boost 2015s - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by konabluev6 View Post
I love turbo cars and Ive had several turbo Volvos, my current Volvo is a V60 with a 2.0 4cyl turbo with 240 hp (it has the Ford ecoboost engine)... but for me a Mustang has to have a V8. My Volvo is quite a fast car but the 5.0 makes it feel like a snail. Nothing substitutes the V8 rumble as part of the Mustang owning experience.

And being totally honest.. the "Eco-boost" engine has nothing "eco" about it. My guess is that in real world driving conditions the eco-boost Mustang is going to have worse mpgs than the 3.7 V6.

I agree. Won't know til we drive one, but I'm not expecting a loaves and fishes miracle. The specs are very close to the current V6. Having driven both current engines regularly, I believe there will still be no comparison. Like the V6, love the V8. Both are fun, but one is a blast.

The EB is only rated 2 MPG Hwy higher than the 30 Hwy on the current V6. That means there's still a lot of car to pull around here.

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Well while we're just guessing on stuff, I personally would like to see what a EcoBoost version of the old 300ci inline six would be like.
Could be a Beemer killer from hell, BMW still uses turbocharged inline six's to good effect.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
The 2.3l EB motor in the s550 makes more torque...than the 4.6l V8s, as well as more HP.
The 2010 GT made 315 horse and 325 torque stock.

Edit, just saw you said at certain RPM it may make more which may be true. Still haven't seen a real world dyno graph.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette

MACH I Member

Garage
Why would Ford be liable for warranty if you modded their vehicle? Unless they specifically state otherwise, your warranty is null and void the second you change anything with other than OE (or OE quality) parts. The computers in these cars will probably upload your data without you even knowing about it too.

Read alot of bad info here, the biggest reason for the EcoBoost 4 in the Mustang is mostly for the European market. They will continue the horsepower wars as they are making too much money doing it.

BMW/Mercedes/Ferrari/Lamborghini and the rest of the European high performance market spend more on R&D on their engines than the NA makers spend on total development. The NA manufacturers have been playing catch up and still have a ways to go. Any good small displacement currently available was R&D's in Europe, not here.

1988 Mustang LX coupe will miss you greatly
traded for:
2004 Mazda 6s 5 door Sport w/5spd/3.0/RX8wheels/Kon/Eibach/and then some

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page