Ford delaying the production of ordered cars? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Post Ford delaying the production of ordered cars?

I spoke with my dealer a few days ago and he told me that Ford plans to make a certain number (which he didn't tell me, he probably doesn't know) of cars to send to dealer lots BEFORE they start the production of ANY ordered mustangs. Has anyone else heard about this?

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014
PONY Member

I haven't heard that I did place my order for my 2015 GT , Black , manual tran with package 401A and adaptive cruise with rain etc on Friday July 18 . I am waiting to get my DORA on Monday from my dealer . I wonder how many are produced in a day ?

Current car 2014 GT Black manual trans ON ORDER 2015 black GT manual trans 401A , adaptive cruise with collision mitigation and rain sensing wipers order placed July 18, 2014
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
I spoke with my dealer a few days ago and he told me that Ford plans to make a certain number (which he didn't tell me, he probably doesn't know) of cars to send to dealer lots BEFORE they start the production of ANY ordered mustangs. Has anyone else heard about this?
From everything that I have heard, the first run of cars will be filed by the dealer stock orders, where as custom ordered cars for individuals will come some time after. I think this is fairly typical, as Ford would want as many cars on dealer lots as possible as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoonut View Post
I haven't heard that I did place my order for my 2015 GT , Black , manual tran with package 401A and adaptive cruise with rain etc on Friday July 18 . I am waiting to get my DORA on Monday from my dealer . I wonder how many are produced in a day ?
Congrats! Who did you end up going with? Did they order it as a customer order or a dealer stock order?

Current - 2012 GT Premium, Black, Brembo Brake Package
On order - 2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, 400A, Ceramic, Performance Package
Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014
PONY Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post
From everything that I have heard, the first run of cars will be filed by the dealer stock orders, where as custom ordered cars for individuals will come some time after. I think this is fairly typical, as Ford would want as many cars on dealer lots as possible as soon as possible.

Congrats! Who did you end up going with? Did they order it as a customer order or a dealer stock order?
Thank you , I always order from Jordan Ford and I'm expecting my DORA tomorrow as I ordered Friday later in the afternoon so I'm not sure how they placed it . I'm super excited I'm not sure which car gets to be on the USS Lexington for Mustang Fest in October but I'll be happy either way as I love Mustangs

Current car 2014 GT Black manual trans ON ORDER 2015 black GT manual trans 401A , adaptive cruise with collision mitigation and rain sensing wipers order placed July 18, 2014
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post

that makes sense, disappointing, but makes sense.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014
GT Member

My dealer said the same thing. Dealer stock comes first; special orders come later. My dealer ordered an identical car to mine and said I could have it when it comes in. I noticed that at least one other poster said their dealer offered to do the same thing.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014
PONY Member

Typical Ford BS
Make there loyal paying customers wait, They have done a piss poor job of this role out. Should have had these cars at the dealers 50 years from the date the first mustangs came out

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
Typical Ford BS
Make there loyal paying customers wait, They have done a piss poor job of this role out. Should have had these cars at the dealers 50 years from the date the first mustangs came out
Exactly My thoughts

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
Typical Ford BS
the 14 are the true 50th cars, they where being made, 04 was the 40th and 09 the 45th

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
GT Member

They do this to help get the bugs out before delivering to customers who ordered. Would rather have a defect or wait a couple weeks?

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

PONY Member

If your order hasn't been scheduled yet, it won't be scheduled until August 14, for late September build dates. They'll just be doing dealer inventory between now and then.

I haven't heard from anybody who's received a build date yet except people who ordered the 50th Limited Edition. So no matter how early you ordered (I ordered mine in June), you won't be getting it until late October at the earliest (I'm expecting early December, myself).

CURRENT: 2011 V6 Premium Automatic, Kona Blue, Pony Package

ON ORDER: 2015 GT Premium Automatic, Deep Impact Blue, Shaker Audio, 50th Anniversary Appearance Package, Navigation
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynDriver View Post
If your order hasn't been scheduled yet, it won't be scheduled until August 14, for late September build dates. They'll just be doing dealer inventory between now and then.

I haven't heard from anybody who's received a build date yet except people who ordered the 50th Limited Edition. So no matter how early you ordered (I ordered mine in June), you won't be getting it until late October at the earliest (I'm expecting early December, myself).
Probably right, I would expect the same for me..and I ordered in May haha

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoonut View Post
During the last model run, Ford produced 680 Mustangs per day. That was 68 per hour on a 10 hour shift. It may be some time before they crank up to that rate though.

Chuck
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08GTCA View Post
During the last model run, Ford produced 680 Mustangs per day. That was 68 per hour on a 10 hour shift. It may be some time before they crank up to that rate though.
Thank you for the info wow that's a lot of cars a day

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08GTCA View Post
That's a big number considering that they were only selling about 200 - 250 per day.....

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page