2015 Mustang GT vs. 2015 Challenger Hellcat - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2015 Mustang GT vs. 2015 Challenger Hellcat

Does anyone think that the 2015 Mustang GT will be able to be a match against the new 2015 Challenger Hellcat? I think it would be crazy cool if it could but with 707 HP I don't think it will be able to keep up. What's your opinion? And has anyone been in a ride I'm both?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
Rookie

Hellcat and GT will not be competing with each other. The question to ask is will the Shelby beat the Hellcat. And If I had to guess I would say it will out handle the Hellcat at least, might not quite beat it in a straight line. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Shelby in response for sure though.

My signature consists of a simple fact. Mustang is a muscle car. Have a nice day.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwitkowski View Post
Does anyone think that the 2015 Mustang GT will be able to be a match against the new 2015 Challenger Hellcat? I think it would be crazy cool if it could but with 707 HP I don't think it will be able to keep up. What's your opinion? And has anyone been in a ride I'm both?
Match what? Is this even a serious question?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The Hellcat starts at 55k (and you can bet there will be dealer markups). It's priced as a top line performance model, so comparing it to the new 2016 SVT model would be more appropriate. No Mustang variant will likely beat it in a straight line consistently, but the hi Po Mustangs will likely wipe the floor with it on anything that involves turns.

The Challenger RT Scat Pack at 38k is an interesting comparison. It has engine upgrades that give it 485 hp. However it still has a massive gap in weight with the GT and will suffer in any competition outside the drag strip.

I think both companies are going different directions. Dodge is sticking to the model of building a powerful, comfortable Boulevard cruiser while Ford is looking to bring the Mustang closer to balanced sports car performance.

One area where Dodge has the edge is the transmissions being offered.

Other than that, I prefer the Ford in every way. Never could buy a Chrysler product.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Lunch meat

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
Apprentice

Did someone say it's called Scat pack? That's hysterical. 👏

2012 GT/CS 'Vert. Triple Black
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Why is that funny?
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member

The Hellcat is running 11.2 1/4 mile times, With stock rubber, 10.85 on drag radials, thats pretty fast in my books,

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Shoot I don't know what i was thinking. Definitely not the GT but the Shelby. My mistake. I think one of the things I like most is the strong muscle look that the still challenger has.
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwitkowski View Post
Shoot I don't know what i was thinking. Definitely not the GT but the Shelby. My mistake. I think one of the things I like most is the strong muscle look that the still challenger has.
Rumor has it that the next car will be a GT350 ,which was never intended as a high horsepower bruiser like the current GT500 is.

It has always been more track oriented, much like the Boss 302s were.
PONY Member

I don't see the Shelby being faster than the Hellcat.
I see the Shelby having 550hp or less.

2001 Mustang V6 4-speed Automatic: Sold
2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed Manual: Current
Appearance Modifications: None Yet
Performance Modifications: None Yet
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
The 2015 GT350 wont be blown, but I'd bet a bottle that the 16 will be. That said, the flat plane crank Coyote is supposed to have 500 HP NA. Twin turbo or put a blower on that and the Hellcat won't have the crown for very long. Speculation, sure, but Ford has been upping the ante on a consistent basis. Why stop now? The bow ties are the ones that are going to be suffering.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
A stock 2013 GT500 does an 11.6 on it's street tires.... so the 660 horse Mustang doesn't give up too much to the 47 HP Dodge advatage. Thank goodness the Hellcat is still a pig.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
PONY Member

Why are earth are the Hellcat and Mustang being compared? They have absolutely nothing to do with one another. It's like asking if a Twizzler will be faster than an oscillating fan.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
A stock 2013 GT500 does an 11.6 on it's street tires.... so the 660 horse Mustang doesn't give up too much to the 47 HP Dodge advatage. Thank goodness the Hellcat is still a pig.
I would take a GT500 or ZL1 over that Hellcat. Both of them are slower in a straight line but handle much better. For that money, I want something that's a more complete driving experience instead of just a straight line brute.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 mustang , 2015 mustang gt , hellcat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page