Sound of the 2015 EcoBoost motor - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sound of the 2015 EcoBoost motor

Open Your Ears To Take In The EcoBoost-Powered 2015 Mustang

Enjoy.

Personally, I'll wait for final judgement when I hear it in person.

2014 V6 Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Sounds like my Brothers Focus ST from inside, which does not sound bad at all...im sure the mustang will sound much different outside since it will have dual mufflers. I would be interested in buying this 4cyl mustang if the funds were there.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
Site Sponsor

I'd take the EcoBoost over the 6 cylinder FWIW

It'll be interesting to see how good they sound with a few upgrades here and there

Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Open Your Ears To Take In The EcoBoost-Powered 2015 Mustang

Enjoy.

Personally, I'll wait for final judgement when I hear it in person.
Well that's definitely on the interesting side! It's a lot thicker/beefier sounding than I thought it was going to be but I can't wait to hear what it's going to sound like with a full exhaust and cold air!

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014
Apprentice

Garage
No 4cyl for me

I'm just not impressed. yes it sounds good but 4cyl turbo no thanks. Happy with my six and yes if I wanted I could buy a 2014 or 2015 GT cash. I would love to buy GT but I cant talk myself into it even though they are great.
More than happy with my v6. yes the 4cyl will be a bit faster than mine but it requires 93 octane.
I'm 41 and I remember all too well the 4cyl Turbo craze of the mid 80s to early 90s, eagle talons, Dodge Chargers, Dodge Daytonas, Chrysler conquests, Ford probe 4cyl turbo, etc etc etc.
they stopped making them because they would break.

Turbo lag, heat heat heat. turbos generate soooo much heat and please change your oil often. Not to mention the exhaust system must be "just right" to have everything work properly. Plus there are a lot of videos going around from techs telling for issued with the ecoboost turbos. valve damage etc. there is a few on youtube from a ford tech.

If you buy a 4cyl Ecoboost Mustang and plan to make mods please know what you are doing.

I'm happy with the simple v6 that delivers almost as much power on 87 octane and yeah I throw in 93 or 94 octane once in a while if i chose.

I'm not bashing but I'm waiting til we get the horror stories of modded ecoboosts that went wrong.

Good luck to all.

i know the ecoboosts will be great just not for me, no desire.

2017 Mustang GT. 6 speed . Bone stock. K&N drop in air filter. Shadow black. Purchased brand new 9/5/2017.

(Sold 9/5/2017 )2012 3.7 Kona Blue, 6 Speed , 3.31 Gears. Window Sticker Online 1/26/2012 Build date 2/1/2012. ETA 2/9/2012 TAKE HOME AND RIDING 2/18/2012
K&N Drop in Filter for now. Ford Racing Boss strut tower brace. Bullitt Rims from American Muscle.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014
PONY Member

muffled fart can at best...yuk.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014
PONY Member

engine sound is fake inside, plays through speakers

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wblv17 View Post
Where'd you see this from?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzpcs View Post
Where'd you see this from?
https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-composer.html

Quote:
The audio system is used to generate opposing sound waves to cancel out undesirable frequencies – such as low-speed “boominess” – while simultaneously amplifying the “instruments and notes” that reinforce the car’s strength, responsiveness and addictive power.

Current - 2012 GT Premium, Black, Brembo Brake Package
On order - 2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, 400A, Ceramic, Performance Package
Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wblv17 View Post
Exactly. I have the passive noise induction system on my '12 GT and it sounds great from the inside, but was too quiet on the outside.

That video was interesting, but I was hoping to hear the car accelerate from the outside of the vehicle.
PONY Member

The way I see things, folks who buy the Eco Boost 4 and the V6 will spend lots of money for power upgrades likely far exceeding the cost of buying the Coyote 5.0, but not achieving the power of the stock Coyote.

Another concern I think about is the mean time between failures of the turbochargers. I doubt that the Eco Boost will have the reliability of Coyote or the V6.

I would like to see the how the Eco Boost Mustang does in a drag race against the Camaro V6.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
The way I see things, folks who buy the Eco Boost 4 and the V6 will spend lots of money for power upgrades likely far exceeding the cost of buying the Coyote 5.0, but not achieving the power of the stock Coyote.

Another concern I think about is the mean time between failures of the turbochargers. I doubt that the Eco Boost will have the reliability of Coyote or the V6.

I would like to see the how the Eco Boost Mustang does in a drag race against the Camaro V6.

Some may, most wont.

MOST people do not mod their cars in anyway shape or form.

If you ARE going to mod your car and/or race it, the 5.0 is the best option and still a good value.

I doubt many will dispute that.

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

PONY Member

The videos that Car & Driver posted sound pretty good inside, but the EB sounds like a broken air pipe outside. All "swoosh" and no tone at all. It is the only engine of the three with a single exhaust even though it has twin outlets, and I think there will be a huge market in aftermarket replacements. Just not for me.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page