2015 Mustang aftermarket engine mods - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2015 Mustang aftermarket engine mods

I've decided to get the 2015 Mustang, but once I got it I've been wondering whether to stay in the naturally aspirated route, or go to the turbocharger, or supercharger route, since I want to be able to get pretty good horsepower and torque numbers, but still use pump gas or something closest to it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014
GT Member

I doubt staying N/A will gain much power, as it's supposed to be pushing out about the same power as the Boss 302. Long tubes, under drive pulleys, and a lightweight driveshaft will likely help a little, but with each body style, N/A mods do less and less in most cases. You should be able to run a turbo or supercharger system on 91 or 93 octane.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 302 stroker 6060 swap, 3.73 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, Bilsteins, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
DOB GT450 with VMP Gen II 2.3 TVS | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 hat & DW340s | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp 113 Springs & Retainers | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents | PTFE Heat Barriers
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee910 View Post
I doubt staying N/A will gain much power, as it's supposed to be pushing out about the same power as the Boss 302. Long tubes, under drive pulleys, and a lightweight driveshaft will likely help a little, but with each body style, N/A mods do less and less in most cases. You should be able to run a turbo or supercharger system on 91 or 93 octane.
So it would be better to turbocharge or supercharge it? Do you know of any system where there are decent power gains, but can run on pump gas?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014
GT Member

It would be better to supercharge. Honestly I don't believe any of the aftermarket turbo kits are anywhere near as good as the aftermarket SC kits. I know I am biased but I have built both and a V8 with a mild boost supercharger is as reliable and easy to live with as a stock engine yet will be making 550 at the rear wheels easy.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
It would be better to supercharge. Honestly I don't believe any of the aftermarket turbo kits are anywhere near as good as the aftermarket SC kits. I know I am biased but I have built both and a V8 with a mild boost supercharger is as reliable and easy to live with as a stock engine yet will be making 550 at the rear wheels easy.
Which ones would you recommend for use for a daily driver's car?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy S. View Post
Which ones would you recommend for use for a daily driver's car?
You should really do a search as this topic's been over a ton. From what I've read the pos displacement systems have the best drivability but don't make as much Hp per psi as turbos. As far as I've heard the only kit that exist now for the 2015 mustang is the Whipple, so your options are limited.

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014
PONY Member

I am running a Roush supercharger on my 2011 5.0 putting down 600RWHP, I run on pump gas (93 octane) with no issues

The upgrades they made to the 2015 5.0 should make supercharging even safer.

I have friends who run Vortech superchargers, they make about the same RWHP, but the boost doesn't come in as quick as my Roush supercharger. So far a daily driver, I feel the Roush, Whipple, Ford Racing are a better choice

If you keep it around 550RWHP no fuel mods are required, other than the larger injectors in the kits. If you want to get 600RWHP or higher, a boosta pump, injector upgrades or both would be good insurance

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
I am running a Roush supercharger on my 2011 5.0 putting down 600RWHP, I run on pump gas (93 octane) with no issues

The upgrades they made to the 2015 5.0 should make supercharging even safer.

I have friends who run Vortech superchargers, they make about the same RWHP, but the boost doesn't come in as quick as my Roush supercharger. So far a daily driver, I feel the Roush, Whipple, Ford Racing are a better choice

If you keep it around 550RWHP no fuel mods are required, other than the larger injectors in the kits. If you want to get 600RWHP or higher, a boosta pump, injector upgrades or both would be good insurance
What do you mean by good insurance?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
I've decided to get the 2015 Mustang, but once I got it I've been wondering whether to stay in the naturally aspirated route, or go to the turbocharger, or supercharger route, since I want to be able to get pretty good horsepower and torque numbers, but still use pump gas or something closest to it?
Why are you asking people to answer a question for you when you've provided absolutely 0 information other than "2015 Mustang"?

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
GT Member

The best systems I've seen for the 2011-2014 5.0s are the Roush TVS 2300 systems and the Hellion twin turbo. I'd personally go with the Hellion, and I'm sure they'll offer one by 2017 for the 2015 once it's out. You'll probably be looking at 600-1300 horsepower depending on what boost you've got it set at.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 302 stroker 6060 swap, 3.73 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, Bilsteins, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
DOB GT450 with VMP Gen II 2.3 TVS | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 hat & DW340s | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp 113 Springs & Retainers | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents | PTFE Heat Barriers
PONY Member

Quote:
What do you mean by good insurance?

Adding a boosta pump, or better injectors will help keep the engine from going lean under high boost

On mine with 600rwhp I was going a little lean at the drag strip, when I installed the JMS boosta pump put my air fuel ratios in a much safer range

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Rookie

who knows if it'll need more power. sure its heavy but the engine might be good enough already in the GT to move all that weight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page