GT500 - Auto <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym> Option? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

It's low an high. The transmission actually slips. It's really cool how it works. In a was its similar to Fords 3 finger pressure plate that uses weights and centrifugal force to increase the pressure.
But to clutch peddle. IMO that's an auto. Flappy paddles or levers ect is auto

35th Anni. Laser Red 3.8 coupe
ET: 1/8-9.892 @71.57 ET: 1/4-15.452 @88.06
4.6 stick ETs coming Sept 12th

98 Ranger XLT 4x4 Oxford White 3.0 M/T

35th Anni. Laser Red 3.8 coupe
ET: 1/8-9.892 @71.57 ET: 1/4-15.452 @88.06
4.6 60' 2.195 ET 14.205 MPH 99.44

98 Ranger XLT 4x4 Oxford White 3.0 M/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

As per the title, I hope the next batch of high-performance cars (SVT, GT350/500, etc) have an option for an automatic. Just the mere option of it would allow people to cross-shop more effectively and also broaden sales. It's a win-win.

Those who want a manual will get one...those who want an automatic will get one. It doesn't get any more simple.

That being said...I wouldn't bet on actually seeing an auto for the 2016. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I don't see them doing it anytime soon.

The fact they put paddle shifters on the 6R80 for 2015, though...shows that they are making progress. Something to compete with the Chevy and Dodge offerings would be nice...as in ZL1 and Hellcat transmission choices.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
Ever since I saw a 14 GT auto run 11s run after run with a cai, tune, drag radials and splice in xpipe I was sold. My 2015 will have an auto and a pd blower. 700 fwhp that even my girl can drive. If Ford wants the next Gt500 to run with the Hellcat they better match its outstanding 8 speed auto. I'll bet the manual Hellcat runs slower than the auto version and even with the GT500.

If you're looking for the better drag racer, better get a 14 while you can. The IRS isn't going to cut it for that purpose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PONY Member

It would be nice to have a Double Clutch Transmission option... like Porsche and BMW with the M3/M4s

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
As per the title, I hope the next batch of high-performance cars (SVT, GT350/500, etc) have an option for an automatic. Just the mere option of it would allow people to cross-shop more effectively and also broaden sales. It's a win-win.

Those who want a manual will get one...those who want an automatic will get one. It doesn't get any more simple.

That being said...I wouldn't bet on actually seeing an auto for the 2016. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I don't see them doing it anytime soon.

The fact they put paddle shifters on the 6R80 for 2015, though...shows that they are making progress. Something to compete with the Chevy and Dodge offerings would be nice...as in ZL1 and Hellcat transmission choices.
+1 here. I believe it would increase sales, because bottom line, you can't sell it if you don't have it. Those wanting an auto will go elsewhere. Speaking from experience, and in my opinion, the newer autos are great. Very smooth shifting, easily tuned up or down, as you like and for those looking for simplicity....just stomp and go!
Rookie

I would not buy an automatic GT500, but that is only because I am a Chevy guy and if I had the money I would buy a automatic ZL1. However I do think it would be fantastic if they made an automatic GT500. Ford is in the business of selling cars and I think there are a lot of Ford guys that want a 600 hp American made car with an automatic. The only way they can get one is to buy a Chevy or a Dodge. An automatic Ford GT500, build it and people will buy it!

2SS L99, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks hi flow cats, MBRP Exhaust, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8 Trailing Arms and Rear Toe Rods, Factory GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
How many would be interested in a GT500 if an Automatic transmission was an option?

This appears to be about the only thing Ford has not offered that both GM and Chrysler have, an automatic option with the supercharged ZL1 and Hellcat.

Heck, I don't even want a GT500, I just want a factory supercharged option with an automatic, perfect weekend drag racer.
FORD also prevented Shelby Motors from selling any of their "supercharged production cars" with automatics. Roush is the only company I know of that sells "production" Ford cars with superchargers and automatics.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Why not provide the option since there is interest and potential loss of a sale altogether by not providing the option. A fast crisp shifting auto straight from the factory is a very nice thing. For me its been a very enjoyable change of pace after banging gears for the last 20 years.

Default config manual, $1400 auto upgrade sounds like a win win win to me.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page