GT350 naturally aspirated slightly larger displacement version of the 5.0. 500hp - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

GT350 naturally aspirated slightly larger displacement version of the 5.0. 500hp

This 2016 Ford Mustang SVT nearly lost it on the 'Ring - Road & Track

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Spy Shots From The Nurburgring - Road & Track

I think this info is all repost?

Sorry

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You're looking at the 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 interior - Road & Track

Interior and more spy shots

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Update. The autoguide article posted on AFM yesterday states it's a 5.2l flat plane crank version. Word is the GT350 and GT350R can accommodate much larger tires and brakes and are meant to take on the Z28 crowd. Let's hope it doesn't have z28 pricing and availability. I'm sure it will be the fastest mustang on a track ever produced, but I don't see how it could ever beat a GT500 on a straight strip. I guess if they can get it to hook up better it could break into the sub 4 second 0 to 60 arena but the longer the race the further it'll fall behind. It won't touch a hell cat. I'm betting it'll mop the floor withm the m3 m4 cars...probably for less money.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014
PONY Member

Straight line speed is not the Mustang's only concern. For those that aren't picking up what Ford is putting down, the Mustang is a sports coupe, not a muscle car. It does stuff like going around turns and stopping quickly.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, get yourself a Hellcat. But please stop trying to compare it to a Mustang, they are two, completely and utterly different cars.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

Last edited by NoVa5.0; 08-12-2014 at 02:08 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Straight line speed is not the Mustang's only concern. For those that aren't picking up what Ford is putting down, the Mustang is a sports coupe, not a muscle car. It does stuff like going around turns and stopping quickly.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, get yourself a Hellcat. But please stop trying to compare it to a Mustang, they are two, completely and utterly different cars.
I agree but.....

The Mustang, camaro, challenger will forever be locked in comparison unless somebody does something really radical. The S550 does not do anything radical, certainly some of the major updates on the S550 are long overdue and already done by the competition, making it even more comparable.

When Challenger was getting spanked in all performance categories, they tried to cop out and say we really don't compare ourselves to the Mustang but they could not shake the comparison and answered with Hell cat. Admitting they don't stack up in other areas so here is 707 HP and how you like me now. Now they are the buzz.

The GT350 is not going to touch the challenger in a drag race but certainly Ford may have to do something in 2017. What is interesting is what will GM do if Ford decides to answer HellCat?

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
Update. The autoguide article posted on AFM yesterday states it's a 5.2l flat plane crank version. Word is the GT350 and GT350R can accommodate much larger tires and brakes and are meant to take on the Z28 crowd. Let's hope it doesn't have z28 pricing and availability. I'm sure it will be the fastest mustang on a track ever produced, but I don't see how it could ever beat a GT500 on a straight strip. I guess if they can get it to hook up better it could break into the sub 4 second 0 to 60 arena but the longer the race the further it'll fall behind. It won't touch a hell cat. I'm betting it'll mop the floor withm the m3 m4 cars...probably for less money.
z28 are on the lots in Texas and sitting

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
I agree but.....

The Mustang, camaro, challenger will forever be locked in comparison unless somebody does something really radical. The S550 does not do anything radical, certainly some of the major updates on the S550 are long overdue and already done by the competition, making it even more comparable.

When Challenger was getting spanked in all performance categories, they tried to cop out and say we really don't compare ourselves to the Mustang but they could not shake the comparison and answered with Hell cat. Admitting they don't stack up in other areas so here is 707 HP and how you like me now. Now they are the buzz.

The GT350 is not going to touch the challenger in a drag race but certainly Ford may have to do something in 2017. What is interesting is what will GM do if Ford decides to answer HellCat?

Dude....seriously.....they're two completely different cars. A Challenger is a massive 2 door sedan, much larger and heavier than a Mustang. In no way, shape or form are they comparable.

You might as well compare an Odessy and an MX5. They attract different buyers, and are in different product catagories. Challengers are, and always were "muscle cars", and Camaros and Mustang were "pony cars", with the Mustang now moving more towards being a sports coupe.

Mustangs and Challengers were never "locked in comparison". Ever. They're totally different, always have been.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014
MACH I Member

Quote:
Dude....seriously.....they're two completely different cars. A Challenger is a massive 2 door sedan, much larger and heavier than a Mustang. In no way, shape or form are they comparable.

You might as well compare an Odessy and an MX5. They attract different buyers, and are in different product catagories. Challengers are, and always were "muscle cars", and Camaros and Mustang were "pony cars", with the Mustang now moving more towards being a sports coupe.

Mustangs and Challengers were never "locked in comparison". Ever. They're totally different, always have been.
Don't you mean coupe? A sedan has 4 doors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Don't you mean coupe? A sedan has 4 doors.

No, I meant sedan. There is such a thing as a 2 door sedan. They have real, usable back seats, compared to something like a Mustang, whose rear seats are really storage areas.

But, the point is, that the two cars are very dissimilar.

MACH I Member

You can call it whatever you want, doesn't make it so. Still a coupe. Charger Hellcat on the other hand is a sedan.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
GT Member

Quote:

Regardless of "how you feel," they have always been compared by the press and compete for sales among "independent" pony/muscle car buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
I agree but.....

Quote:
No, I meant sedan. There is such a thing as a 2 door sedan. They have real, usable back seats, compared to something like a Mustang, whose rear seats are really storage areas.

But, the point is, that the two cars are very dissimilar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
You can call it whatever you want, doesn't make it so. Still a coupe. Charger Hellcat on the other hand is a sedan.
+1 The Challenger is really a coupe. The Charger is a sedan....

"A coupé or coupe (from the French past participle coupé, of the infinitive couper, to cut) is a closed two-door car body style with a permanently attached fixed roof,[1] that is shorter than a sedan of the same model,[2] and it often has seating for two persons or with a tight-spaced rear seat.[3] The precise definition of the term varies between manufacturers and over time.[4] The term was first applied to 19th-century carriages, where the rear-facing seats had been eliminated, or cut out."

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
PONY Member

I'll avoid the confrontation up there and get back on topic, Haha...

Regarding the GT350/R...I really hope the car is as daily drivable, comfortable and potent as the 12-13 Boss 302's were. I'm looking at a next generation beast for my garage and to be honest...as giant and pig-like as they are...I'm a big fan of the Challenger/Charger Hellcat's. The Charger more so, for some weird reason. Maybe because it can use the excuse of being fat because it has 4 doors? LOL.

I've always been a fan of Mustang's, obviously...and I won't pull the trigger on anything else until I get to see the new "special" models...especially in person. I was originally waiting for the replacement of the GT500...but this new model, especially with that engine, really gets me going.

I just hope IF there are two different models (base model and the "R" model), that base model still comes with creature comforts and isn't a stripped out racer. The Z/28 is a great track car...but it's too focused and hard core, at least for me.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
Rookie

Freind of mine got a z/28 and he drives it a lot he has changed the tires but other than that he says it dose just fine on the street
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Seriously eyeing the Hellcat myself. The GT350 looks good for a driver's car, the Hellcat looks good for a big comfy roomie lazy straight line terror machine.

I honestly can't decide which way I might want to go...... knowing all the downsides of having almost too much power..... the GT350 will probably be damm near perfect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page