2015 Mustang Hood Corrosion - To buy or not to buy? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
I think, hopefully wrong, that the front fenders and hood will be aluminum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I believe you are correct on both points. The aluminum in the front fender was one of the ways they managed to keep the weight in check with all the new features.

Hopefully they have rectified the bubbling issue on the S550. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

The corrosion problem is not with the paint, it is in the preparation of the aluminum panel for paint.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
If the 2015 has any aluminum body panels, these are likely to have the corrosion problem because of Ford's manufacturing process. My 2006 GT had the hood corrosion, but the dealer had the hood refinished after I went to Ford's Customer Service with the issue. Currently my 2011 GT has the problem on the leading edge of the hood, but I have not yet approached the dealer to have it fixed.

I will take a careful look at the 2015 Mustangs, and if they have an aluminum hood, I would insist on at least a 5-year written guarantee specifically for this well known galvanic corrosion problem. Otherwise, I will not buy!
Same for me. At this point, it's the only way that I would EVER consider buying a Ford again.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Because, on an aluminum hood, the rust doesn't spread or get much worse after a point, I kind of don't care. I've finally had some appear but its mostly on the underside of the hood.
I am shocked that Ford wouldn't have fixed a known problem like that though.

2007 GT: JLT intake, SCT tuner, Eibach Pro-kit (springs + struts/shocks), Currie Adjustable LCA's with Johnny Joint, BMR relocation brackets, MAC axleback exhaust, Powerslot rotors, EBC redstuff pads, Steeda X5 balljoints
Apprentice

i havent noticed any on my 11 just that kona blue scratches very very very easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page