Triple Yellow 2015 ON THE LOT! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
Of course! I was just testing you guys...... Ok in my defense that's a pretty dumb name for a color, but I'm an idiot.
It's sounds cooler to say "Triple Yellow" than it does to say something like "Bright Yellow tri-coat". Marketing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

I would have paid more for Bright Yellow Tri-Coat than Triple Yellow....It sounds like it would cost more, LOL.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
I think it looks pretty good from most angles, not that great from a few, but you can say that about quite a few cars, even some exotics.

Colors make a big difference. Ruby Red (the darker of the two Reds), Ingot Silver, and Magnetic look great. White also shows off the lines better, but I hate white cars.

The brighter red, the yellow, and the orange colors look terrible to me.

Deep Impact Blue, Black, and Guard look meh.

Looking at some of the prelim design work that's made it's way to the internet, it's become clear to me that they were trying too hard to strike a balance between classic cues and modern looks (including Ford's corporate grille). To me, they should have gone all out on a fresh, bold, and thoroughly modern design.

Maybe the refresh in a couple years will incorporate some of the more aggressive elements from the early design concepts.
It certainly has traded its "iconic look" for the "FORD" look

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

Apprentice

Not my cup of tea. Maybe after 3-4 years and some revisions I may like it. LOL

That car really needs 20 inch wheels to look right. Anything smaller looks way off to the body IMO.

2014 GT Cobra Jet California Special
Auto, Oxford White, comfort pkg.
Apprentice

I really dislike the look of the 2015. I only really like the rear 3/4 area. I'm sure the performance is better, but looks matter just as much for me.
I will still be going to test drive one for fun though

As soon as I saw the leaked designs of the 2015, I started panicking to buy a 2014 model while they were still new. Love the looks of the 2010-2014 Mustang !

2014 GT Premium Blk | MT82 | Track Pack | Recaro | Brembo | 3.73 | Roush Axleback | BMR Adjustable Panhard | BMR Rear LCA | Koni Sport Yellow | Track Pack Springs | Blk SVE Drift 19x9.5 | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 285/35/19 Square | MGW Gen.II | Whiteline Bushing | Flossy Snowball |

People in Vancouver, BC please add me
PONY Member

You know you guys are all judging the whole generation of Mustang on the appearance of the base mode car right?

Ask yourself, how ugly does a bare bones V6 2014 mustang look in comparison to a track pack GT?

Plus, when the SVT model comes out, the same people holding their noses here will be slobbing some SVT knob.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsewhipped View Post
.To me it's 1974 all over again...

You gotta be kidding?
This new car is no where close to 74 hideousness. In fact, I bet most non car people will have a hard time differentiating a 15 from a 14 from more than a few feet awat.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
You know you guys are all judging the whole generation of Mustang on the appearance of the base mode car right?

Ask yourself, how ugly does a bare bones V6 2014 mustang look in comparison to a track pack GT?

Plus, when the SVT model comes out, the same people holding their noses here will be slobbing some SVT knob.
I don't find that a base V6 is particularly ugly. Yeah I miss the foglights when I look at that wide expanse of an empty grill, and those (comparatively) tiny 17 inch wheels look a little out of place on a Mustang but the car still looks good to me

I don't find the 2015 to be particularly ugly. The problem is, I don't find it to be particularly stunning, either.

And that's the real problem. If I of all people can be so ambivalent about the new design, well, I can understand where all the haters are coming from. I don't agree with them, but I can really see where they are coming from. Ford had the opportunity to knock this one out of the park where we all would have been eating it up and instead they went all corporate on the front end, kept the same basic roofline and profile of my cars, and squished the trunk, leaving me feeling "meh" about the car.

I happen to like the front end of the Ford Fusion, for example. I just happen to really like it on the FUSION, I could have done without it on the Mustang.

Its not ugly and someday before this generation is over I will probably end up with one in my garage. I'm just glad I didn't waste another summer "borrowing" the wife's car for some fun waiting for that to come out.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I'm sorry guys but this car is beautiful and will be a huge hit with the younger generation, which is what this car needs. Times are changing and retro is going away. This looks nothing like the ford fusion or anything else in fords lineup. It still resembles a mustang.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408202692.196269.jpg
Views:	4008
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	378010   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140816_12_51_02_Pro.jpg
Views:	6326
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	378042  
PONY Member

I agree with you . I ordered one in July and can't wait to get it super excited !! I'm looking forward to all the options I've ordered it with . It's cool you got to see one

Current car 2014 GT Black manual trans ON ORDER 2015 black GT manual trans 401A , adaptive cruise with collision mitigation and rain sensing wipers order placed July 18, 2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell View Post
I'm sorry guys but this car is beautiful and will be a huge hit with the younger generation, which is what this car needs. Times are changing and retro is going away. This looks nothing like the ford fusion or anything else in fords lineup. It still resembles a mustang.
Fully agree. I loved my '12 GT and definitely wont be getting rid of my 13 Boss any time soon, but this car will be a huge success IMO....and we have not even considered the performance yet.

The car looks fantastic and this is coming from someone who was less than impressed when I saw it the first time in person. The design is growing on me on a big way, and Ford will continue to tweak it in future refresh's that are sure to follow until they really nail it--just as they did with the 11+. While I can fully appreciate some of the critique on design, I'm having a hard time understanding all of the hate which I'm sure is being driven in part by a segment that cant accept they will be driving a car a generation behind the new model. To those I say get over it---all Stangs (with few exceptions) are lookers

To that end,I will be looking very closely at the GT 350.

2013 Boss 302
2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue (sold)
401A, MT82, Brembo, 3.55, HID & Security, Electronics Pkg
PONY Member

Garage
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....we'll see how it sells. I still hold the opinion that Ford will be lucky to sell 100,000 in 2015, and I doubt very much they'll be able to sustain it moving forward. Just too much negative press about the design, and the excitement isn't there like in 2005.
Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
Rookie

Coming from a guy who has never owned a mustang and has never liked mustang's until the 2014 (which I REALLY want )model (honda guy here) i wouldn't even recognize these 2015's as a mustang.......... where are the angles and beefyness? Looks like an import 100%
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lup1024 View Post
Fully agree. I loved my '12 GT and definitely wont be getting rid of my 13 Boss any time soon, but this car will be a huge success IMO....and we have not even considered the performance yet.

The car looks fantastic and this is coming from someone who was less than impressed when I saw it the first time in person. The design is growing on me on a big way, and Ford will continue to tweak it in future refresh's that are sure to follow until they really nail it--just as they did with the 11+. While I can fully appreciate some of the critique on design, I'm having a hard time understanding all of the hate which I'm sure is being driven in part by a segment that cant accept they will be driving a car a generation behind the new model. To those I say get over it---all Stangs (with few exceptions) are lookers

To that end,I will be looking very closely at the GT 350.
How can you be so sure? I ordered my 14 knowing exactly what the 15 was going to look like, and knowing full well that in less than 12 months it would be "obsolete". Granted I'm not one of the "haters", I'm one of the "lukewarmers", but I can fully understand where the haters are coming from. I also know that many who say they don't like the 15 purchased their car after I did (both new and used) so they also had the full benefit of knowledge.

Oh and its not up to you as to what other people need to "get over".

As far as performance goes, I too will be keeping my eye on the GT-350. Maybe the power and handling enhancements will make me feel better about the new car. The hp increase on the GT wasn't enough to overcome the added fatness of the new car. The hp-weight ratio is almost identical to my car using at the crank numbers, and with the added losses that IRS induces into the driveline, well lets just say I can't wait to see baseline dyno sheets of the new car

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
How can you be so sure? I ordered my 14 knowing exactly what the 15 was going to look like, and knowing full well that in less than 12 months it would be "obsolete". Granted I'm not one of the "haters", I'm one of the "lukewarmers", but I can fully understand where the haters are coming from. I also know that many who say they don't like the 15 purchased their car after I did (both new and used) so they also had the full benefit of knowledge.

Oh and its not up to you as to what other people need to "get over".

As far as performance goes, I too will be keeping my eye on the GT-350. Maybe the power and handling enhancements will make me feel better about the new car. The hp increase on the GT wasn't enough to overcome the added fatness of the new car. The hp-weight ratio is almost identical to my car using at the crank numbers, and with the added losses that IRS induces into the driveline, well lets just say I can't wait to see baseline dyno sheets of the new car

Regarding performance, its not just a matter of the new car gaining 100 lbs and 15 hp to offset it. The new car has a ton of engineering that will set it apart from the earlier car.

Aside from the IRS, the weight distribution is more even on the new car and there is a revamped design for the MT82. The new car has bigger brakes and I also remember seeing some technological updates to the motor.

Regardless of what you feel about the styling, the new car is going to be hands down, the better 'driver's car'. A new PP will hand a 2014 TP its ass around a road track and still be just about as fast on the drag strip.

Not to mention if you are really concerned about performance, a base PP with aftermarket exhaust and aluminum D/S, with some other lightening mods will get clost to 3500 lbs curb weight.

Personally, I care much more about performance than styling and if I could afford it, Id be lined up for a new PP base + recaros.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page