saw a 15 today, bit dissapointed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

saw a 15 today, bit dissapointed

I got to see one today
Take this with a grain of salt, as I know this is a pre production car

Just felt cheep to me, yes the seats more comfortable, but the interior just felt cheep. I am not a fan of the automatic floor shifter, so much cheeper than the 11-14 shifter. I do like the telescoping steering column, but the switches on the dash felt cheep.

The worst thing was when I went to shut the drivers door, I pushed on the window, and it was loose, and felt broken. Not nice and sturdy like on my 2011

Yes this is a pre production car, so lets just hope this is a fluke

Ford really blew there chance to make a good first impression with me, don't know why these training cars are so poorly equipped, at least put some 19 inch wheels on them

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	467
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	376370   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2a.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	376378   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	376386   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	376394   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	376402  

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
Apprentice

Haven't had a chance to see one yet. I'll probably reserve judgement until I see a production one.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

You closed the door by pushing on the glass!? Bad! Bad man!

Im sure the pre production cars have been through a lot more than your standard mustang. Id wait a few more months. I cant wait to check one out when they show up at dealers.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak196 View Post
You closed the door by pushing on the glass!? Bad! Bad man!

Im sure the pre production cars have been through a lot more than your standard mustang. Id wait a few more months. I cant wait to check one out when they show up at dealers.
LOL I do sometimes push on the glass, I'm a bad boy

I can't imagine that car has gone through any what close to what mine has. 40,000 miles, winters, Boston Pot holes, the drag strip doing10 second quarter mile runs. I bet a few runs down the strip is more than that thing ever will see

If there going to have demo cars, at least equip them a little better

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
I can't imagine that car has gone through any what close to what mine has. 40,000 miles, winters, Boston Pot holes, the drag strip doing10 second quarter mile runs. I bet a few runs down the strip is more than that thing ever will see

If there going to have demo cars, at least equip them a little better
Yeah thats true. Hopefully its just preproduction bugs.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
How about the exterior? What'd you think walkin up to it? Yay or nay?

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandGT View Post
How about the exterior? What'd you think walkin up to it? Yay or nay?
well with the 18 inch wheels Nay

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
GT Member

If they made it look a little more like the front end and hood of the 2013-2014 with the rear of the 2005-2009 GTs along with the powertrain and interior of the 2011-2014 GTs would have me sold (note I said like them, not a chop shop looking deal). The 2015 missed the mark of a Mustang IMO.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 302 stroker 6060 swap, 3.73 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, Bilsteins, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
DOB GT450 with VMP Gen II 2.3 TVS | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 hat & DW340s | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp 113 Springs & Retainers | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents | PTFE Heat Barriers
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

guess it's time to do a built block in my 2011 and shoot for 800+RWHP

PONY Member

I sat in an Ecoboost Premium last week and I have to say I was very impressed with the fit and finish inside. While this still had M plates (at a dealer for training), it was extremely well finished, inside and out.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's Stang View Post
Take this with a grain of salt, as I know this is a pre production car....Yes this is a pre production car
'Nuff said

2014 V6 Manual
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

called the dealer, and cancelled my order
It's to bad, as I bleed Ford Blue. Have owned close to 20 Fords, and was so excited to get this new Mustang. But when I saw one yesterday was so disappointed

Not nearly what I had hoped for, so cheep, and just didn't feel like a mustang should. Got a feeling, my feelings may not be unique, and it won't sell like Ford Hopes. Bet there will be a quick redesign

PONY Member

Depends on the attitude you go in there with. If you go in there thinking it will be cheap crap, your mind will only tell you it's cheap crap.

Personally, I haven't sat in one yet, but I'm imagining the interior treatment to be similar to the current car...which is fine because I like the current car's interior.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
Depends on the attitude you go in there with. If you go in there thinking it will be cheap crap, your mind will only tell you it's cheap crap.

Personally, I haven't sat in one yet, but I'm imagining the interior treatment to be similar to the current car...which is fine because I like the current car's interior.
I went there so excited after hearing everyone say its better in person, than in the pics. So I went there thinking it was going to be a step in quality, but my first impressions just were not what I had expected

I have owned close to 20 Fords and wanted to love it, but just wasn't

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee910 View Post
If they made it look a little more like the front end and hood of the 2013-2014 with the rear of the 2005-2009 GTs along with the powertrain and interior of the 2011-2014 GTs would have me sold (note I said like them, not a chop shop looking deal). The 2015 missed the mark of a Mustang IMO.
See, thats where Ford is screwed no matter what they do, not everyone is going to be happy.

I would have said with the front end/hood of the 2011-2012, the rear of the 2013-2014 and the 2011+ interior (we agree there) and I would have been hooked.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page