2015 GT Dyno run(with video) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2015 GT Dyno run(with video)

So....Saw this article and thought I'd share it with everyone! Apparently, Gibson tested out their cat-back exhaust on a S550 GT and had unbelievably good gains....literally, unbelievably. They -claim- 39Hp bump from their cat-back system. Something is a tad fishy to me. Also, this would suggest that the stock HP is only around 360? I find this hard to believe as well because i've seen stock 11-14 put down similar numbers. I will be very disappointed if this is true...I certainly hope the IRS doesn't eat 15 HP. But anyway, take a look at the curve and let me know what you think! Video: First 2015 GT With Aftermarket Exhaust And Dyno Test - StangTV

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I seriously doubt that there would be such a big gain from such a small mod. If it is true then its great but i dont think so. And 360 stock isnt cool either. I really hope that isnt the case. Im sure we will see soon enought as to what the truth is. My dealership has already got 4 new gt's in stock. So it wont be long.

2018 GT Magnetic
Active Exhaust
Black Accent Package
6 SPD MT
BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Catted Mid-Pipe
Dyno Tune by Rob Shoemaker
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaStang View Post
I seriously doubt that there would be such a big gain from such a small mod. If it is true then its great but i dont think so. And 360 stock isnt cool either. I really hope that isnt the case. Im sure we will see soon enought as to what the truth is. My dealership has already got 4 new gt's in stock. So it wont be long.

Eh, the 2011s were around that zone at the wheels add a few more pounds and IRS? Not a surprise.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if stock for stock a 2011 would beat a 2015 if only by a slight margin. (Assuming no one uses launch control or whatever, so apples to apples!)

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
Eh, the 2011s were around that zone at the wheels add a few more pounds and IRS? Not a surprise.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if stock for stock a 2011 would beat a 2015 if only by a slight margin. (Assuming no one uses launch control or whatever, so apples to apples!)
"beat" how? In a straight line? MAYBE. but no way on a track. But I'm sure this will be tested by many magazines/blogs.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
"beat" how? In a straight line? MAYBE. but no way on a track.
Thanks dad.

2012 Mustang GT Sterling Gray Metallic 6spd

1992 Mustang GT 347 stroker - SOLD
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
But I'm sure this will be tested by many magazines/blogs.
Don't forget about the armchair forum racers.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
Rookie

Quote:
"beat" how? In a straight line? MAYBE. but no way on a track. But I'm sure this will be tested by many magazines/blogs.
I'm sure that you are correct that the 2015 will be faster on the track than the 2011-2014 cars. At the drag strip I think it will be a "wash". The added weight of the 2015 (even though small) plus the added driveline losses (a modest 3 1/4 % increase in driveline losses will negate the new 15HP increase ), I believe will result in a rear wheel power to weight ratio that will be very close to the same for 2015 vs. 2011-2014 cars. I am not a "hater" of the 2015 Mustang at all, but I think the Ford engineers knew they needed to find an extra 15HP not only for marketing efforts but to also make sure the car was not "slower" than the car it was replacing. While many are interested in track performance, the majority of buyers interested in performance always look to 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

2014 GT Premium / Deep Impact Blue / 6 speed / 401A-Charcoal and Cashmere / Comfort Pkg / Sec and Rear Sensing Pkg / 19" Mach Alum Wheels / 3.73

Last edited by TucsonDave; 09-11-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Correct error.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post

Yeah you might be right. The extra weight could potentially offset the 15 hp. The gt still has plenty of hp per dollar. Worth it even if its not any faster.

2018 GT Magnetic
Active Exhaust
Black Accent Package
6 SPD MT
BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Catted Mid-Pipe
Dyno Tune by Rob Shoemaker
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Don't forget about the armchair forum racers.

LOL and so true. I doubt there are many (if any) of us here that have the skill to push either car to it's max potential around a track. So the real world experience with IRS for us will be an improved ride.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
LOL and so true. I doubt there are many (if any) of us here that have the skill to push either car to it's max potential around a track. So the real world experience with IRS for us will be an improved ride.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So true, even with 6 years of extensive Track time I still know I leave alot on the table. I would love to see someone like Randy Pobst do a back to back.

Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, AED Tuned, Corbeau CR1 seats with Harness, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs, Strano F/R adjustable sway bars, BMR LCA & PHB, Lethal O/R H, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Goodridge SS lines, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill. Mustang Dyno 379 HP & 371 TQ
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Between the drivetrain loss and the added wt. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 2015 were slower. But when you add in the decreased in nvh better hahandling, more advanced electronics, line lock, launch control, larger tires, larger brakes, possibly improved aerodynamics, stiffer chassis, better wt distribution, there is little doubt the 2015 will be a much improved car.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member

I'm starting to think there isn't going to be any real performance gains for 2015, other than a smoother ride and less dive under braking.

2011-2014 BPP/TP cars handle very well, and appear to have the same brakes and wheels/tires as on the 2015 Performance Pack cars. Yes, the revised suspension (front and rear) should help handling, but it could also be off-set by the weight-gain.

Straight-line is going to be a wash. And I don't think the Launch Control will mean much on a MT car. Might make it slower, actually. LC works wonders on DCTs, but I doubt it's usefulness on MT cars. It's not difficult to launch a MT car, so why they think they need LC on them is beyond me.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
2011-2014 BPP/TP cars handle very well, and appear to have the same brakes and wheels/tires as on the 2015 Performance Pack cars. Yes, the revised suspension (front and rear) should help handling, but it could also be off-set by the weight-gain.
Performance Pack GTs are going to have 15" rotors and 6 piston calipers up front. Although I was disappointed to see that they are still sticking with the single piston floating caliper in the rear and not moving to a fixed caliper.
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
My 2011 Brembo Gt had horrible brake dive, pitched and yawed pretty bad too. I was disappointed with the handling to say the least

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page