2015 worse MPG - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2015 worse MPG

Check this. Pretty lame. With all the technology they gave us worse gas mileage.

Official: 2015 Ford Mustang GT, V-6 EPA Numbers Fall via MOTOR TREND News for iPhone
Official: 2015 Ford Mustang GT, V-6 EPA Numbers Fall - Motor Trend WOT

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
PONY Member

You want gas mileage buy a Prius

2008 Black Mustang GT/CS, 5 speed manual, G/T appearance package, FRPP 4.10 gears, Charcoal Aluminum interior panel, Interior upgrade. Roush TVS stage 1 SC , Stang Hi dyno-jet 93 Oct tune, Pypes LT's X-pipes and delete mufflers, MGW shifter.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calspcl View Post
You want gas mileage buy a Prius
Good one. Funny thing is, my wife's car IS a Prius! I love my Mustang but wouldn't it be cool if a completely new model had at least a slight increase in MPG like just about every other all new model car that comes out? It's pretty sad when the V6 loses HP and MPG.

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

detuned V6, heavier car. No big surprise. Also, they've got to make the the ecoboost look good

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
detuned V6, heavier car. No big surprise. Also, they've got to make the the ecoboost look good
^ this. Plus Ford has been known to fudge numbers with past models, lets hope these are not exaggerated.

It will be interesting to see real world numbers, 25 combined would be ok for EB4.

Ford needs a EB6 that delivers 5.0 performance and EB4 MPG numbers.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
^ this. Plus Ford has been known to fudge numbers with past models, lets hope these are not exaggerated.

It will be interesting to see real world numbers, 25 combined would be ok for EB4.

While they've had issues with their more fuel efficient models, from a lot of the experiences I've seen on here, the Mustang's US fuel economy numbers actually seem to have been underestimated. My V6 for example is rated at 30 MPG on the highway, but I (and many others) have gotten well over that numerous times.

Current: 2014 V6 Mustang Premium, Automatic Transmission, Oxford White, Safety & Security Package.

Previous: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS, bone-stock except for automatic transmission.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Ford has been known to fudge numbers with past models,
+1 I tried to reply with that same response yesterday but apparently my post didn't post...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14MustangV6 View Post
While they've had issues with their more fuel efficient models, from a lot of the experiences I've seen on here, the Mustang's US fuel economy numbers actually seem to have been underestimated. My V6 for example is rated at 30 MPG on the highway, but I (and many others) have gotten well over that numerous times.
In my 2011 GT BREMBO, realistically I get 19-21 on different tanks.

It was rated at 26 highway...

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post

I am in the same range. I think the EPA numbers were generated with the 3.31 car running lighter 18" wheels.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post

Yeah same here. Im usually getting 21-22 with mostly highway driving. Cant complain though. It gets better MPG than my little V6 ranger.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
PONY Member

Quote:

Ford does not "fudge numbers" nor or they "exaggerated". Nor could they do anything to make one model/engine look better than another.

Ford doesn't come up with the numbers, the EPA does. Ford tests their pre-production vehicles, then drops cars off that the EPA tests, who then tell Ford what numbers they are allowed to use in their marketing and on their window stickers.

"Fuel economy is measured under controlled conditions in a laboratory using a standardized test procedure specified by federal law. Manufacturers test their own vehicles—usually pre-production prototypes—and report the results to EPA. EPA reviews the results and confirms about 10-15 percent of them through their own tests at the National Vehicles and Fuel Emissions Laboratory."

As far as the 2015s having lower MPG ratings? Yup. They're heavier. That's gonna happen.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page