My biggest problem with the new Mustang... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
And I just did it for the way the I wanted it on the site, and it came out to be $43K. I like my drives to be comfortable. And 43K isn't affordable to me. The packaging issue really sucks, but that's why I wait to buy used or til the end of the model year.
You must live in canada (where mustangs seem to start at a higher price than in the US) because if I option up an EB mustang 201A coupe, with all the comfort options, including an automatic, but not including the performance options (recaro seats or PP), the car comes out to just over $37k.

Or, you're putting in every single option in a convertible EB. But if comfort is really what you're after, in an EB-equipped mustang coupe, it's still pretty affordable. You can't really compare a modern mustang with, say, a "loaded" fox body mustang from 1993. This car has a lot of technology and it's not cheap. But considering how many people on these forums spent ~$40k on the previous mustang, paying the same (or less) for the new car is pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Nope. GT Premium with only options of NAV, 19 inch wheels, reverse sensor and got 42K.

Also depends on your zip code too, though. I'm in NOVA.

Of course though, build and price means didly squat, so I don't even know why it was brought up...

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Apprentice

I like the new Mustang. There aren't too many things that I do not like about it. If there is one big problem (if you call it that) is weight. The pricing would be a distant 2nd as in time you can probably negotiate a decent price. I priced a non-premium 5.0 GT with performance package (manual) and Recaro seats and it was around 38K...reasonable.

The weight gain is about 100 - 150 lbs. Doesn't sound like much, however, it would be nice. Other than that, not much. I think I will keep my Stang for quite a while. The new models need to iron out any bugs (if any).

CJ
2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack, FRPP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton 2-Post Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Springs, A&M Panhard Rod, Steeda CAI & Tune
Save the Manuals!

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

It sure seems Ford made sure most of the reviewers got a GT with those Recaro seats ($1595 option) and they all loved them. Hoping to see some used GTs on the market in 3 years with those seats.

All new cars are expensive. Been leasing from Ford for the other vehicle (Focus and now Escape) the last four years to be able to drive a new car. Will buy used for my next Mustang. I'll wait and see how Ford handles the S550 over the next three years first.

Also, let us see how sales go after the initial orders and dealer inventory clears. If cars do not move, prices will come down.

Scott (ststang)

On order 5/17/2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

I was getting ready to say that the later s197's weren't all that cheap either but someone has already beaten me to it.

If a magazine had borrowed my car to test it they would have reported an as tested price of $37,100, and mine is only a modestly optioned Premium. Granted I didn't pay anywhere NEAR that much for mine, and I feel that after the initial barrage of selling at or above MSRP is over people will be able to get really great deals on S550's too.

It's just going to take some patience and a willingness to wait them out to get a good deal on the newer ones.

That said I do believe that the days of getting a GT Premium for under $30k are over, probably for good.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page