Ford racing the 1st to mod all 3 versions of the 2015 Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I would like to know why Ford is using a exhaust pipe diameter that is smaller that the 2014's. The cfm flow rate of the throttle body and intake tube would be nice to know too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Thumbs up

Finally, a comparison! Some real stock numbers! SCT bought their 2015 a few days ago and took it to the track for a BONE STOCK 1/4 run, ran it in 12.86 @ 107. This was on stock tires, not the wider Pirellis that come with the PP, though. But anyway, Ford ran a little more than a second faster with a few minor bolt ons, some slicks, and a tune! Sounds good to me

(keep in mind this car only had like 130 miles on it, not even close to broken in)

It was also an Auto, I believe.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik427 View Post
I would like to know why Ford is using a exhaust pipe diameter that is smaller that the 2014's. The cfm flow rate of the throttle body and intake tube would be nice to know too.
I read that Ford added the mid-pipe chamber mufflers and smaller piping to meet global noise standards due to the fact that the mustang is now going on sale outside of the US. I'd be a lot more expensive to have "US pipes" and "euro pipes" so they just reduced the size for all of them, I'd assume.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page