Gotta be green now!..... - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

This may be a look at the real reason we eventually lose the V8 option.........as well as the 6 cylinder and eco boost 4.

Tesla Model S P85D Test Ride and Autopilot Demo. Insane acceleration!! - YouTube

2014 Mustang GT-Black-Track Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Yeah ill stick with my v8

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
Yesterday I listened to a promotional video about the 2015 Mustang. One of the participants in the video was the Mustang's chief designer. He stated that the reason they are heading in the direction of the 4-cyl engines is to appeal to the younger market who cares more about being "green" than the number of cylinders.
A person....any person......working on a new Mustang should never, ever, in a million years, use the word "green".

Never. Ever.

This shows a paradigm shift in the approach Ford has towards the Mustang. It's no longer meant to be a ground-pounding, earth-shaking GT/Sports Coupe. It's now meant to be a limp-wristed, tofu eating, diversity celebrating, politically correct, birkenstock wearing, metro-sexual "world car".

The entire Ford group that created the new Mustang are not "car guys", and need to be sacked. All of them. They all need to go before they completely ruin the car. They're a bunch of sissies. A bunch of panty-waisted, skinny-jeans wearing, latte-sipping little ninnies that care more about a soft ride, and infotainment equipment in the Mustang, rather than performance. Their favorite pass-time is to go to wine & cheese parties, and sniff their own farts.

Imagine if the same group of people are around to design and engineer the next new Mustang. Good Lord!!! It will have a 3 cylinder motor that runs on unicorn farts, and Barbie Glitter paint colors.

"Oh, I know, we can give it a Rainbow Coalition paint scheme, and front-wheel-drive. Tee-hee...it will be sooo pretty!! Do these jeans make my butt look big?"

The next Mustang should be engineered and designed by people that are not racing, because they have lost limbs from over-taking accidents on the track. They should eat pistons and spew flames. They should wear baggy over-alls and smell of motor oil and blood. They should be called "Bubba" and "Max Venturi" and bring cigarettes, 40 ouncers, hookers and blow into the engineering/design center while they work.

If the next new Mustang does not go air-born, flip over, and burn at the side of the track at the Nurburgring during testing, they won't be trying hard enough to make it what it should be.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

Last edited by NoVa5.0; 12-26-2014 at 01:38 PM.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
A person....any person......working on a new Mustang should never, ever, in a million years, use the word "green".

Never. Ever.

This shows a paradigm shift in the approach Ford has towards the Mustang. It's no longer meant to be a ground-pounding, earth-shaking GT/Sports Coupe. It's now meant to be a limp-wristed, tofu eating, diversity celebrating, politically correct, birkenstock wearing, metro-sexual "world car".

The entire Ford group that created the new Mustang are not "car guys", and need to be sacked. All of them. They all need to go before they completely ruin the car. They're a bunch of sissies. A bunch of panty-waisted, skinny-jeans wearing, latte-sipping little ninnies that care more about a soft ride, and infotainment equipment in the Mustang, rather than performance. Their favorite pass-time is to go to wine & cheese parties, and sniff their own farts.

Imagine if the same group of people are around to design and engineer the next new Mustang. Good Lord!!! It will have a 3 cylinder motor that runs on unicorn farts, and Barbie Glitter paint colors.

"Oh, I know, we can give it a Rainbow Coalition paint scheme, and front-wheel-drive. Tee-hee...it will be sooo pretty!! Do these jeans make my butt look big?"

The next Mustang should be engineered and designed by people that are not racing, because they have lost limbs from over-taking accidents on the track. They should eat pistons and spew flames. They should wear baggy over-alls and smell of motor oil and blood. They should be called "Bubba" and "Max Venturi" and bring cigarettes, 40 ouncers, hookers and blow into the engineering/design center while they work.

If the next new Mustang does not go air-born, flip over, and burn at the side of the track at the Nurburgring, they won't be trying hard enough to make it what it should be.
Craig?

Are we long lost brothers?

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Craig?

Damn straight!!!!

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Craig?

This made my morning, well said!
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It will be awhile before that plays out but combustion engines will be a thing of the past.

The development dollars are being spent towards lower cylinder and displacement to get greater performance vs v8's getting current v6 mpg.

V8's are the best but 15mpg and a 90 mile daily commute don't make for the best combination. EB4 comes up short on performance and v8 is not practical for long DD commutes.

Ford Racing has done some pretty amazing performance upgrades on the EB4, makes me drool for a EB6.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
Rookie

As it stands V8s do offer a cheaper cost over the Turbo 6 so that alone will give the V8 some holding ground for now. Being 24 I don't really get caught up over 6 vs 8 but in my own preference.. I love the sound of an 8.

If ford chooses to ditch the 8 for a turbo 6 I can live with that as long as it's pushing equal power to an 8.
Rookie

I made an account on the site after lurking for a while and reading through this thread specifically.

I'm one of the "millenials," I suppose, being 24. If I had my way, I'd be behind the wheel a GT with that nice 5.0 V8; however, I'm opting for either the V6 or the Ecoboost for now, with price being the determining factor. After I'm done with school and off into the real world, I'm moving up to the GT for sure. There's nothing like the sound of a V8 opening up, plain and simple.
Apprentice

Keep voting in Democrats and everything will be Hybrids and electrics. Don't compare Mustangs and Teslas , unless you compare the price, Teslas are in the $100,000 plus price range.

2013 GT Premium, red candy, saddle leather, auto.electronics pkg.reverse sensing.
D.D. 2013 KIA Rio SX good little car (wife's car)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by code rz gt View Post
Keep voting in Democrats and everything will be Hybrids and electrics. Don't compare Mustangs and Teslas , unless you compare the price, Teslas are in the $100,000 plus price range.

AMEN, Brother!

Yep, they hate our guns, our cars, our trucks, our Cigars, our Scotch, our rural life,.............. They hate
US!

BTW, I've never seen a Mustang or truck with an Obama sticker on it, usually some annoying Prius or Subaru Forester, geeesh, just gas me in unburn't hydrocarbons, I don't like the "New World Order"!!!

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13 View Post
BTW, I've never seen a Mustang or truck with an Obama sticker on it, usually some annoying Prius or Subaru Forester, geeesh, just gas me in unburn't hydrocarbons, I don't like the "New World Order"!!!
Hmmm, come to think of it, I've never seen a Mustang with a bumper sticker on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page