Post your 2015 Mustang Reviews Here! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It really is interesting why Ford always seems to hamper the Mustang by not giving it enough rubber from the factory.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat07GT View Post
It really is interesting why Ford always seems to hamper the Mustang by not giving it enough rubber from the factory.
Its funny you say that because I literally was thinking the same thing-that it has always seemed to be that way, well at least since the Fox era, to be sure.

The Camaro/Firebird always had larger or wider tires stock for stock than the Mustang. The argument back in my day was always that of course, the GM offerings were larger cars so they needed bigger tires to haul them around.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Its funny you say that because I literally was thinking the same thing-
I think is pretty smart with their packaging though. Why inflate the price of the car when A) most owners aren't pushing their cars (especially a non-PP car) and B) Ford knows full well that those who will drive their car hard will also have no problem modifying it. I think there is a certain expectation that the mustang is somewhat of a blank slate.

Personally, I think the 255 series tires on my '12 GT+BBK are fine with regard to width. For me, I found that replacing the PZeros with different tires really helped traction. But then again, I don't track my car and I don't have any power mods. With just springs/dampers, the car is a surprisingly effective package when driving on back roads. I think if I was to go the '15 GT route, I'd opt for recaros+PP and keep everything stock except for the dampers/springs.

If you want to drive a really under-tired car, go take a spin in a Mercedes C63 AMG. I have to try to lose traction in my car, but the C63 squirmed and slid if I even breathed on the throttle!

Rookie

I'm still shopping for my first Mustang. Something seems to always get in the way every time I get close . . . kids in college, moving, no room in the driveway, moving, changing careers, etc. I am hoping to finally do it this time.

Anyway, I test drove both a 15 GT and a 14 GT the other day. I wanted to do them back to back. I wanted SO MUCH to like the 14 better because of the massive price difference (due to the massive rebates on the 14) but the 15 was so much nicer on the inside, looked better on the outside and felt much better on the road.

Since I'm going against the grain a little here I will qualify my statements above: the only 14 GT I could find fast to keep my experience "fresh" was an auto and the 15 was a manual (which is what I want). Also, I'm not a sports car expert like many here not having ever owned a muscle car.

I'll still have to wait until rebates start in March though because there's no way I'm paying sticker (some dealers around here are even playing the add-on game).
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Me View Post
I'm still shopping for my first Mustang. Something seems to always get in the way every time I get close . . . kids in college, moving, no room in the driveway, moving, changing careers, etc. I am hoping to finally do it this time.

Anyway, I test drove both a 15 GT and a 14 GT the other day. I wanted to do them back to back. I wanted SO MUCH to like the 14 better because of the massive price difference (due to the massive rebates on the 14) but the 15 was so much nicer on the inside, looked better on the outside and felt much better on the road.

Since I'm going against the grain a little here I will qualify my statements above: the only 14 GT I could find fast to keep my experience "fresh" was an auto and the 15 was a manual (which is what I want). Also, I'm not a sports car expert like many here not having ever owned a muscle car.

I'll still have to wait until rebates start in March though because there's no way I'm paying sticker (some dealers around here are even playing the add-on game).
Not going against the grain if you like the looks and it is "fit for your purpose!" Join the "Mustang Club of America" for $50 and use the "X-Plan" pricing that they have for their members. It will save you more then the early discounts. Or, you can wait and use X-Plan and get some of the later discounts on top of the X-Plan pricing.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

Last edited by Radioguy; 11-03-2014 at 10:07 AM.
PONY Member

Ive been waiting for my local dealer to get some 15's in, just because I want to drive one and compare it to my 11. Every time I rumble into their parking lot I have a couple sales guys come out and check out my car. The word is they ordered a bunch of GT's but they wont be in for a while. I told them everyone else in other states have them in already so why dont we. I havent seen a single 15 in St. Louis or anywhere else in MO for that matter yet..
Im not a fan of the new body style, but then again ive said that about every body style that has come out since the 94-95's.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
GT Member

Nope. Not any sightings around STL that I've seen either

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Apprentice

Great review Danny! I like your positive attitude. Sure every car has its negative attributes, but you looked at the overall picture. I'm sold....waiting for the 2016 and I'm all in! BTW, you convinced me to get a manual shifting beast! Thanks!

2011 V6 3.7L
PONY Member
S197 Member

Last week a friend of mine bought a black GT 6-speed and he brought it over and let me test drive it.

I like the car, although the black looked a little plain. maybe it hides the lines. The interior is very nice and a big improvement over mine. Acceleration was strong although it didn't seem to be a big difference over my '11 GT/CS, although I didn't push it hard for two reasons. I haven't driven a manual in a while so I'm a little rusty (although I did fine). Secondly, with only 28 miles on the odometer, I wanted to respect his car.

His car was going right to Roush so I'm sure that the appearance will be spiced up.

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
PONY Member

Garage
GoHawks63:

Your GT Convertible C/S looks really nice....the "15" doesn't come close to yours styling wise; my humble opinion! Additionally, even though the interior of the "15" looks great, it's not enough improvement over my "14" to create enough desire for me to trade up.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
GoHawks63:

Your GT Convertible C/S looks really nice....the "15" doesn't come close to yours styling wise; my humble opinion! Additionally, even though the interior of the "15" looks great, it's not enough improvement over my "14" to create enough desire for me to trade up.

Jedi D.
Thank you.

I purchased mine as a CPO and the previous owner removed the GT/CS stripe and attached the "5.0" emblems. That year the stripe went across the middle of the car. Subsequent years have the GT/CS stripe down by the rocker panel.

I'm debating if I want to order the stripe from a later model GT/CS that so I can keep the "5.0" emblem.

As much as I like the new Mustang, I do like my GT/CS. It stands out a bit more.

It's also truly a summer car. I originally had a 2006 V6 convertible that I traded in along with my previous car in order to get my DD which is a 2012 CTS-V coupe. As much as I love my V, I missed having a convertible and a Mustang.

Picked this one up for the summer days

2016 Roush Stage 3 Phase 2 (727hp) Convertible- Convertible bar, Roush (red) coil covers, blacked out tails, 20% tint
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Me View Post
\ but the 15 was so much nicer on the inside, looked better on the outside and felt much better on the road.

Since I'm going against the grain a little here
There's no going against the grain---we need people to buy this new mustang so Ford see the value in continuing to improve it.

Not to mention, objectively, one expects the new version of something to be better than the last. There's some controversy, I think, about whether that's true for the new mustang from a performance perspective. At the end of the day though, unless the car is living on a race track, the only that matters is that you feel that you are getting a better car.
Apprentice

The HUGE difference should be the IRS on the '15 GT which puts it way over the '14 for me. The ride on the 'Stang felt primitive to me on the freeway with the rear end always jiggly like a pick-up truck.

That was the deal breaker for me. The '15 should be way better.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboba6 View Post
Yea, 235's....REALLY!!! In 2015 this is just RIDICULOUS!!!
The 10 to 14 regular GTs also came with 235s...

My 14 GT with premier package and 19" wheels has 245s...

It probably has more to do with gas mileage (and price of course) than anything else.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Test drove a 15 PP today

Long story short. I have a 14 track pack grabber blue. Someone from the dealership wants to buy my car. They are offering me great money for the 14, actually more than I paid for it, I told them sure I would consider the offer as soon as I can test drive a 15 PP model, Today they called me and told me they have a red 15 pp on the lot, so come on down for a test drive. So around 2 pm this afternoon I head down to my dealership to go for a test drive, My first impression of the car was ok, I like the front end, dislike the rear, All the praise that the interior has recieved, I am sorry but it did nothing at all for me , Now for the drive, Just for the record I did go for a drive with my girl, no sales rep, This has been my dealership for mustangs from 1986. We have a good relationship. I have purchased 5 mustangs from there, OK first the car does in no way at all sounds like a mustang, way way to quiet, The clutch belongs in a benz or a bmw, not in a mustang, If anyone lives in the Toronto area, you know the roads are not to good, My test drive was around 25 klms alone kingston road, Now as far as the suspension and it being good over bumps and not skipping around, Well maybe I drive to fast but the rear end does not stay planted,any better than my 14 track pack, The shifter is good,The cockpit seems crowded, The performance,,,,,,, Not impressed at all, It just does not pull hard at all . Im sure a tune would wake it up, But my 14 would walk all over this car, I told my man at the dealership sorry but im just not intrested in giving up my 14 for the 15, On another note its 53,400 for the 15 here in Toronto, I told them I would consider getting into a 13 or 14 gt500 for around 60,000 or wait for the release info on the 19th for the gt350,

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page