MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Post your 2015 Mustang Reviews Here!

The 2015 mustang is upon us.

I think it's time we start a dedicated review thread.

1) Post YOUR driving impression if you have test driven one.

2) Post your owner review if you are the lucky new owner of a 2015.

All are welcome: This includes GT, V6 and T4s.

What's not included here: "I like it/Don't like it" threads. "I saw/raced a 2015" thread. "Vs"s threads. Kill threads and mod threads. Looking for stats, driver impressions and owner impressions. I know I said "no VS." but comparisons ARE welcome as long as it falls into these categories.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'll stick it, but we do already have a reviews thread stuck above (I changed the title of the other thread to add the magazine reviews in there......I'll fix your post in this one, you won't have to, then I'll stick it up there.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

I think you misunderstood....your original Specifications thread that you put up in December I had changed the title to include the magazine reviews there (I just now added an extra line to your original post in that one)...

I did that because we were getting 3 and 4 threads popping up every time a magazine drove the car, LOL.

Don't worry, I'll fix that too, lol

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
GT Member

Just drove the 2015 Mustang (thoughts, and a couple pics)

I was at a dealership getting the oil changed on my 14 GT. Was waiting for my car and saw a red 2015 on the lot. I walked out to take a look and of course within seconds the staff were there and the next thing i knew the keys were in my hand and they were putting dealer plates on the car. I always humor these guys and go along with all their crap, i get a bit of a kick out of it and usually some laughs. Anyways so i drove the car. Was a base model 2015 v6. Apparently one of only a couple 2015 mustangs in Canada right now.

First off, the car looks slightly better in person than in photos. However, still not to my liking. I like the s197 over it for sure. Maybe it would look better as a shelby or something but i was quite unimpressed with the appearance of the v6. Basically im still not a fan of the 2015 styling.

The car drives allot more refined than our cars. It feels more european, and seems to be a bit more smooth in its driving experience. However, i prefer the raw muscle car feeling of my car. Interior is so so, it was a basemodel after all so no leather or aluminum. Seating position is good, adequate head room (im 6'6") and the dash lay out is nice if you ask me. Once again the whole inside of the car feels more euro.

I really liked that it had paddle shifters, they felt great and worked great. I had a 2011 v6 with the same engine and this one felt much soother and faster due to the paddles, and the way the drive train was set up with the IRS.

The car had 25km on it so basically only like 10 miles and it already had some rattle near the bottom of the radio display and transmission bezel area. Drove it on the highway and since it was a windy day i could actually see the hood flexing and going up and down.

Its a cool car, but id never trade mine for it. Lots of people were looking at stop lights and checking it out as many have probably never seen it before.

Other than that, my overall feeling of the car is meh. Nothing to write home about. Although the car feels more European, the fit and finish is not much better. Its basically a fusion with regards to how it is put together. Not a bad thing, but nothing extraordinary.
You can still tell its cheap. Sticker on it was 29k in Canadian pricing, so probably 24 or so for pricing in the USA. To conclude, the car is decent, but it didnt give me a "wow lets do something stupid and make a poor financial decision" kind of feeling which a great car is supposed to do.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Nice write up !

Havent seen any in Windsor yet. I am looking forward to seeing one in person.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
Apprentice

I'm rubbernecking all our local dealerships hoping to see one...I've only had a passing glance at a Roush mule.

2013 GT 6MT (Black)
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
kool! and maybe the V8 will change your mind a little? lol i cant wait to see them around in the US
thanks for the write up!

94' GT N/A 331 C.I. All forged internals, CAI, AFR 185's(w/spring and valve upgrade), comp cams ultra gold 1.7 RR's, custom ground cam, 34# injectors,BBK 70mm tb, BBK longtubes w/ matching H-pipe, 5 spd short throw,stage 3 clutch, FRPP flywheel, 7qt oil pan, fluidyne radiator, prothane motor mounts and tons more! everything assembled/built by me except the shortblock!!
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

I cant wait to see the production version at my local dealer. I saw one last spring at an auto show. It looked good except for the rear. Still not sold on that. Otherwise I've got high hopes for it. I really hope they sell a lot of these cars and go another 50 years.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
Apprentice

Lincoln Heights Ford? Didn't know they have one there.

Anyway, $29,000... That's what they are charging for a used 2012 Mustang GT premium... Not sure what's better, a brand new car and brand new better platform, or a premium V8...
PONY Member

That's the way I feel about the 2015. Nice but, like the S197 style better. Too european for me too. That said, I'm happy for everybody that has ordered one and is happy with it. It's all in what we like.

2011 White V6 Premium Convertible Mustang
Automatic Transmission
Ford Navigation
Stone Leather Heated Seats
Reverse Camera
Magnaflow Street Axle Back Mufflers
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Good timing on this thread!! My local dealer just got one in, Black GT Premium. Stopped in after work for a closer look.

Overall I think it was a very cool looking car...much better leather, interior layout. Still a little on the fence about the back end. Then I saw the $49,000 asking price still...interesting to finally see one in the flesh, didn't test drive it but it did sound very good.

Tempting...but I still love my 2011 Kona GT

http://www.bluestarford.ca/new/Ford/...940e8cbf20.htm

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbr View Post
Lincoln Heights Ford? Didn't know they have one there.

Anyway, $29,000... That's what they are charging for a used 2012 Mustang GT premium... Not sure what's better, a brand new car and brand new better platform, or a premium V8...
That's what I'm selling my '13 for private party. There are surprisingly few '13 GT's on the market just now...we'll see.

2013 GT 6MT (Black)
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Cool write up,exactly the kind we are looking for in the reviews thread that is stuck at the top of the s550 forum.

So without further adieu....

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boff View Post
That's what I'm selling my '13 for private party. There are surprisingly few '13 GT's on the market just now...we'll see.
I believe I've only found 5~6 Mustang GTs with manual transmission between 2012 and 2013. 80% or more is A/T
GT Member

Mods, i know there is a s550 section, it was clearly not my intention to post it there. It was my intention to post in 2011+ talk so thats what i did. I am comparing it to the vehicle we drive aka 2011+ mustang so i wanted to share with those who frequent that section and drive that vehicle.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page