what to do! 2013 or 2015? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

^^^ Thats what I said about markup on a mustang lol. I will be waiting for the 2016 GT350 or whatever they decide to call it. In the mean time I was thinking about spending the money on a supercharger...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I ordered this items friday... should be here on 15th (wife's due date) with our first daughter

QTY
Item Name
Price

69129 - Roush Rear Valance (13-14 All)

69130 - Roush Axle-Back Exhaust w/ Dual Chamber Tips (13-14 GT, BOSS, GT500)

101183 - MMD Decklid Panel (13-14 All)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
Man, you've got a really nice car there....I'd seriously consider waiting a year or two. If you owned a 2005-2010 GT, the decision might be different, but as it stands your 2013 is really a nice car.

Be patient my Jedi Padawan learner!!

Jedi D.
Can only sencond that, just have patience.

Same with me here!
Iam so on the edge of trading in my 2013 for an ingot silver 2015....if there wasnt the rumoured golden pot behind the rainbow...

the GT350

or the rumoured

SVT cobra

and to be honest?

Who wouldnt wait for a new SVT cobra???

Man, ....a cobra....

PONY Member

I myself find myself in the same predicament.

Luxury vs Performer

Comfort vs speed

Sports car vs Muscle Car

More expensive vs cheaper (better performance p/dollar)

I'm leaning towards a base 11/12 GT. If I want luxury I'll get a BMW M4, which I don't have the income for just yet.

Just my .02 cents

2001 Mustang V6 4-speed Automatic: Sold
2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed Manual: Current
Appearance Modifications: None Yet
Performance Modifications: None Yet
PONY Member

With the 2015 being a new model there will be some bugs to work out. And initial reviews show the 2015 isn't really any faster than the older models. That's got to be a little embarrasing for Ford. So I'll bet they'll do tweaking for 2016 and beyond. Also, have to see what SVT and the aftermarket does. The Roush version is interesting. All that being said, I'd wait.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

I am still waiting to test a 2015 Mustang.

I just sold a 2011 Mustang GT (Brembo; 3:73) for $20K:

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965mustang View Post

I just sold a 2011 Mustang GT (Brembo; 3:73) for $20K:
How many miles were on it?
Apprentice
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
How many miles were on it?
15K but it had hail damage.

It was very good car for $30K, but I got bored with it. I wanted a new one.

1995 Mustang Cobra R
2019 Mustang GT350 K1868
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdejavux View Post
I dont know what to do
This comment suggests to me that you should wait. If you're not sure, then the '15 doesn't seem like it was much of an improvement to me. To me, buying a new performance car should be based on whether it blows your mind. And if it blows your mind, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, you just know that you need it in your life. I would wait to see if whatever is released above the GT blows your mind.
PONY Member

I agree with him ^^^. Personally, if you already have a 11-14, I would keep what you have for the next few iterations of the S550 platform to evolve. You already have a capable car with the 13 GT.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Apprentice

I have a 14 in that color and this post really made me want a 15 like the one at your dealer lol. I got money too and i am very impatient and feel the same as you. I reccomend modding your car to compensate the wait, you have money, you are impatient? you want speed and a new car every time you throw on a new mod/ tune? thats the way to go imo till the 15s above start being sold at sticker price widely ive seen some reasonably priced in socal i also would like to see how the irs plays out im a fan of the old solid rear axle. I dont think its gunna be a bad thing and may encourage myself to learn about the new rear ends i just wanna see how it plays out i dout it will be problematic. im thinking enjoy your 5.0 its a beast and if your having trouble go hop in one of your other ford products for a few days and park the mustang, after a few days of enjoying the other cars youll probably love the mustang a bit more. do what you think is best the 15s are gunna be cool but you already have a nice car and can do a lot with it
Apprentice

Garage
Understand your dilemma

I know your dilemma. I just dropped my 2013 GT premium off for a warranty with a differential leak. The dealership got in 2 2015s so naturally I climbed underneath and started asking questions. While I was there, I figured I would get a trade in value which seemed fair once I return everything to stock. I go to road courses so the appeal to me is a little more with the IRS. Not a fan of the performance package coming with the 15' brembos since this renders my 18' track wheels useless. I did enjoy driving it and the track mode setting on the S550 is different. The steering wheel seems smaller too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	888.8 KB
ID:	389385  

FR Sway bars, BMR adj. panhard/brace, FR radiator, 302 Oil cooler, Strut tower, SHR Louvers, Roush Upper/Lower Grilles, Roush Axle-backs, Hurst Short Throw, Corbeau FX1 Seats, Corbeau Harness bar/ 5pt. Harnesses, Steeda X-brace, DBA 4000 rotors, Hawk DTC pads, GT500 18x9.5 with Toyo RA-1 for the track, Staggered 2010 GT500 19's for the street, Brembo brake upgrade, Cooling ducts.
Rookie

I test drove a 2015 GT premium today and it put a big freakin' smile on my face. However, I wouldn't get it right now. Especially in your case. Your Mustang engine is pretty much the same and also has a really nice body. I would wait for the inevitable horsepower boost that is coming probably in 2016-17. Like others have said, maybe you'd want to get a GT350 instead too.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Code Blue View Post
Theres no way I would buy it,just because of the markup.Im sure it wont be difficult to find one on the lot in a few more months.
Just join the MCA and get x-plan pricing which is $2-3K off depending on the config. Most people over on g6forum seem to have done that. Also, in N California, Pachetts in Turlock will give you $2-3K off when ordering.

Hollister CA
PONY Member

Some others are checking in after test rides in the 2015, here:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-today-eh.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page