Car Video Clips & Auto Show & Road Test Videos - Motor Trend Magazine

It turned a pretty decent time for a 4 cylinder automatic

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Didn't see the Ecoboost but I did see a comparison between the 1LE Camaro and Mustang GT.

I'm not really surprised at the results either. In several prior comparisons the 1LE was found to be an average of about two seconds faster than the Boss 302 was on a number of track tests. No doubt that the 1LE is a great car.

The Camaro sounds a lot better than the Mustang too. Ford really needs to put better sounding mufflers on the Mustang. Why they never got a muffler closer to what the GT500s came with is beyond me. Even the 05-10s sounded better than anything from 2011 and up.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014
Apprentice

The Ecoboost Mustang review I found:
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 2.3 First Test

'13 V6 Premium Coupe, Deep Impact Blue w/pony pkg & MT82 - bone stock

I drive it like I own it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sorry about the busted link. I was trying to do it from my phone. Here's a link straight to the video.

2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost: SVO Reborn? - Ignition Ep. 117 - YouTube

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package

Last edited by Bgoins; 10-14-2014 at 08:13 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Didn't see the Ecoboost but I did see a comparison between the 1LE Camaro and Mustang GT.

I'm not really surprised at the results either. In several prior comparisons the 1LE was found to be an average of about two seconds faster than the Boss 302 was on a number of track tests. No doubt that the 1LE is a great car.

The Camaro sounds a lot better than the Mustang too. Ford really needs to put better sounding mufflers on the Mustang. Why they never got a muffler closer to what the GT500s came with is beyond me. Even the 05-10s sounded better than anything from 2011 and up.
It was an interesting test of the 2015 Mustang GT(Performance Pack) and the 2015 Camaro SS1LE(Performance Pack). It definitely looks like the Camaro is a better performer on the road course track and the twisties. It takes a top driver, like Pobst, to get those kinds of track results, but the "twisty comments" all pointed to better driving in the Camaro.
Car Video Clips & Auto Show & Road Test Videos - Motor Trend Magazine

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014
Rookie
5.0L Member

A bit depressing the "new" Mustang can't outgun the "old" Camaro.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014
GT Member

Tires guys, the tires on the Camaro are worth two seconds easy. Magazine people are either stupid or lazy.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2014
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
Sorry about the busted link. I was trying to do it from my phone. Here's a link straight to the video.

2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost: SVO Reborn? - Ignition Ep. 117 - YouTube
I wonder if Randy enjoyed the "fake" engine sounds????

"Three weeks ago, Road and Track’s Jason Cammisa pulled a fuse while driving the EcoBoost and discovered that the classic engine noise in the cabin you expect from a muscle car disappeared. Later on, it was confirmed that the EcoBoost Mustang was fitted with “Active Noise Control” and “Active Noise Cancellation” systems. You’ve probably heard of noise cancellation before, as it’s a feature in many newer cars to reduce interior noise caused by the vehicle’s engine and the road while traveling. But what about noise control? Both sound pretty similar, but “Active Noise Control” is the system that’s giving EcoBoost drivers great noise to listen to on the road."

2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Faking Interior Engine Noise

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page