BMR Tech's S550 Mustang Build: Street/Strip - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
You need to someone who can make a mold for you so you can use the bottom half of the stock cold air intake instead of resorting to a hot air intake.
When JLT releases the High Boost kit, I will grab it.

There is a good bit of space in the fender/bumper well....so that will be where I run the filter eventually. I am very picky about IAT, etc etc etc. This is temporary, to get the car going.

I also trimmed the grille a little, to open up the feed to the air filter.

Between the E85, and the mods I am doing for fresh air - I think at speed it will work fine.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
When JLT releases the High Boost kit, I will grab it.

There is a good bit of space in the fender/bumper well....so that will be where I run the filter eventually. I am very picky about IAT, etc etc etc. This is temporary, to get the car going.

I also trimmed the grille a little, to open up the feed to the air filter.

Between the E85, and the mods I am doing for fresh air - I think at speed it will work fine.
Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the "trim job" you did? I've been thinking of doing this to mine when it comes in just curious to see how you guys did it

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

The car is running. I have not gotten the time to take it in for a dyno tune with Justin at VMP. I have a few small things to button up before I do.

I am very busy during the day, and I keep on forgetting to post pics of everything. I'll try and get better at it. lol

MAK Performance Off-Road Pipes

Magnaflow Comp Series Catback

*I just installed this - it is EXCELLENT. Sounds good, and is extremely high quality. I will have more pics soon.

ATI Damper, to keep the harmonics at bay: (I highly recommend Billet OPG and this damper for SC Coyotes - better to be safe than sorry!)

Some Delrin Motor Mounts I whittled up in about an hour, here at work. They save some weight too!

I have got a whole bunch of cool parts on the way, and in the process of being built.

I will try and update as I go!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Things have been hectic lately, but that hasn't stopped me from going crazy on acquiring parts!

I have received a few parts, and have some parts I am still waiting on.

-Corbeau FX1 Seats

-Mickey Thompson Tires -- 295/45-17 DR out back and 28" SR Radials up front

-Billet Specialties Street Lites (Anodized Black version)
17x4.5" Front
17x9.5" Rears

-G-Force/FRPP Heavy Duty Halfshafts

-Viking Performance Double Adjustable Rear Shocks

-Shaftmasters 1-Piece Aluminum DS

-Aerospace Lightweight Front Brakes

-Prototype BMR Suspension pieces.

Needless to say, things are getting somewhat serious!

Pics and info to come! I will snap some shots of the beautiful wheels tomorrow and post them up. STUNNING!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

These Billet Specialties wheels are something else!

Glenn and Keith over at Billet Specialties have been a big help with these. They modified the lug openings to work with a proper 14mm lug, as they wanted to retain the thicker wall shanks. These should be available as a 2015+ Drag Pack in the future. They are very light too! Forged Aluminum FTW!

I also ordered up some Mickey Thompson Tires from Latemodel Resto:

28" Fronts:
Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Frontrunner Tire - 28x6-17

295 Rears:
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tire - 295/45/17

I will get some pics of these on the car as soon as possible!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Really anxious to see what this can do, but in all honesty, I'm REALLY looking forward to the track build.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Finally got some time to get out in the shop and get the MAK Mid Pipe Connected to the Magnaflow Comp Series Catback.

I should have some videos soon. I suspect this thing is going to sound angry...

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
Finally got some time to get out in the shop and get the MAK Mid Pipe Connected to the Magnaflow Comp Series Catback.

I should have some videos soon. I suspect this thing is going to sound angry...

Awesome! I've been considering getting the MAK mid pipe for awhile, but I've been waiting to see how it sounds with an x-pipe. Post up a vid ASAP

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
Awesome! I've been considering getting the MAK mid pipe for awhile, but I've been waiting to see how it sounds with an x-pipe. Post up a vid ASAP
Will do! It is a nice piece. It does require Welding, but it really isn't that bad to be honest. Of course, I am in a shop full of welders and an ASE Mechanic, all day long. lol

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Some info that Chris from GForce Engineering posted on another forum about the Halfshafts I have coming from him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering View Post
Kelly,

We have a set of the FRPP Level 5 Half Shafts that we make exclusively for Ford Racing shipping out to you tomorrow.
These are the same axles that Ford has been doing all the testing with over the last several months on the cars that have been seen in the videos released by Ford.
These are the Level 5 Outlaw Half Shafts that have our billet cv internals and big 31 spline axle bars and have been tested in IRS cars that put down 1500+ rwhp.
The BMR Camaro shop car that has our 9" IRS conversion in it has axles very similar to these in it.
To date there has never been a single Level 5 Outlaw axle broken so beat on them all you want, you wont break them.
We as well as Ford are anxious to see what your car will do

The FRRP Level 5 Half Shafts are only available through Ford Racing or a Ford Racing dealer.

I had no idea that they were building the Outlaw Level 5's for the FRPP Units.

That is VERY exciting news to me.

We have been using GForce for many years at BMR. In the GM IRS World, we are very dominant - we have been building IRS Suspension components for quite some time - and the GForce stuff has been top notch for us. FRPP made a fine choice, I must say!

I would like to add, for those who are frowning upon the IRS in this car. Our 2010 Camaro, TVS Powered, is in the low 9-Second range...and cuts high 1.2, low 1.3 sixty foot times. We use GForce components on that car, and have been for 4 years now.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Corbeau FX1 came in today. Awesome piece, and very happy with my choice.

I also picked up the 05-14 Corbeau Bracket / Sliders....and I plan to have to modify them a little to get them to fit.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

So, in preparation for my Shaftmasters 1-Piece DS - I straightened up my pinion angle, via adding a BMR Driveshaft Loop, that I need anyways. Win, WIN.

On our Drive-On lift, I got +3 on the pinion flange angle....and -2 on the engine side.

That is a +1.....which is "okay" for a 2-Piece DS, but not for a 1-piece....ESPECIALLY with those soft IRS Bushings everywhere.

If you are going to upgrade to a 1-Piece DS, I highly recommend upgrading the IRS Diff Mount bushings to something solid. Alum, Delrin, Etc.

For those wondering; "how did the pinion angle change with the DS Loop" - well, our DS Loop Mount plate mounts between the Trans Crossmember and the body. We supply a plate/spacer to retain the angle you have, or you can leave it out like I did...and it will drop the angle of the trans down.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Something is very cool to me about being able to unbolt a few bolts, and have your entire exhaust off in amatter of several minutes.

This Magnaflow Comp series and MAK O/R Pipes should definitely free up some power. No cats, 3/4" larger OD, smoother turns....Love it. Quality is great too!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Making some progress, I would say.

Got the Mickey's mounted to the Billet Specialties wheels. OMG are they sexy. Just waiting on some lugs from BS, and I will mount them up.

Modded the 05-14 Seat brackets, and got the Corbeau FX1 Mounted up.

HIGHLY recommend these seats. So comfy, and such a positive feel. Very happy with my purchase. The guys over at American Muscle definitely led me in the right direction.

These. These are nice. I immediately contacted Aerospace about some brakes for this car. I was going to send my brakes over to them, but before I even had a chance - they ordered some from Ford, and make these front brakes up for me. I chose Aerospace for these, simply because they are local - and I have used their parts in the past with great luck!

This version is the lightweight street version, with vented rotors. Once I swing by their place and pick them up, I will post more info about the weight, my thoughts, etc.

More to come! I'm not stopping anytime soon!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Got the Mickey Thompson tires mounted and balanced. I am awaiting some lugs from Billet Specialties, and I should have some good shots of them on the car - and I will also have some weight info.

I plan on racing the car at the Coyote Shootout on Sunday, so I have a plate full of things to achieve before then.

Return Style Fuel System - starting this in the morning. I will also be running E85.

I should also be installing the Aerospace front brakes, and the Shaftmasters 1-Piece DS. Hope to have those done by Wednesday. I will also have weights from those to share.

I am still very anxious to hear what the car sounds like with the MAK O/R Pipes, and the Magnaflow Comp system. I reckon it is going to sound insane, especially at the track.

More to come..

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page