BMR Tech's S550 Mustang Build: Street/Strip - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Nice little 16+lb weight reduction.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

I wanna thank the guys over at GForce and FRPP, for getting these in my hands so quickly.

After an initial inspection, I am more than impressed with these shafts. As I've mentioned in other posts, we have been using GForce for IRS components for many years, and I am not surprised at the build quality, one bit. Very excited with my decision on these!

I am crashing on the car, trying to get it ready for this weekend. Just hoping the tune will be available - we'll see.

More coming!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Putting the halfshafts in. Immediately upon holding them...the weight difference is apparent. Typically, I like the lightest stuff possible...but I think the added weight in this particular case, is a bonus. (Must) - I mean, these shafts are good to 1500HP.

Here are some shots I took. Again, FRPP made a great choice with these.

Tune, and some suspension/chassis tweaks......all I need, for the initial round of testing.

As always, more to come!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Unfortunately, I won't be making it to the Coyote Shootout this weekend.

Fortunately, the modding continues.

Assisting Viking Performance with some rear shock and coilover designs out back. These are the "Crusader" series Double Adjustable pieces - which are their higher end shocks with a superior Rebound Valving technology.

I will be using the shocks initially, then I will use the Coilovers once I get a little more data compiled on the rear suspension system on this car. Motion Ratios in regards to rates, travel, etc.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

People have been calling, emailing, and PM'ing me about updates. I realized I have been slacking.

This time of year is super hectic. I am doing my best to juggle this build, S550 Suspension development, trade shows...and of course Holiday functions.

Anyhow;

I am set to get some dyno results, and some track passes next week if everything goes smoothly. I am going to start the fine tuning on the car on Monday, the 15th. If everything works out, I plan on trying to hit up the drag strip Thursday, the 18th.

As for the car, I decided to do a few visual mods in the meantime. I ordered up a Vinyl Tint kit for it from Jason at Anchor Room.

Anchor Room

I think for $53....this is going to make a huge difference. I also plan on blacking out the front pony...the 5.0 side emblems, the Rear GT emblem and the Exhaust Tips.

My good friend Seth @ SOS Tint here in Tampa is going to be doing a "black out" tint job on the car, which should make a huge difference as well.

I have been seeing a lot of talk about Diode Dynamics lighting. I had an LED light conversion in my 2004 Cobra, and loved it....so I figure these will make a super nice addition to my '15.

LED interior lighting is the way to go. Thanks to Steve and the Crew at Diode Dynamics for sending these out to me so quickly!

As for the suspension, I have a few prototype pieces under the car. I will give more details as time comes....but I fully anticipate to be running the full BMR Set-Up VERY soon.

The brakes! The Aerospace Brakes I got, I am so anxious to install. I am awaiting some custom brake lines, and I will be bolting them on asap. These things are so nice, and check out how light.

To put that into perspective....the PP Mustang ROTOR ONLY is 34lbs....per side! lol....

Hopefully I can have some videos of the car on the dyno early next week, stay tuned, more to come!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Wow . . . You have the best job in the world!

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Wow . . . You have the best job in the world!
It's not bad. It has it's ups and downs.

My customers are my favorite thing about my job. And the fact that this is the only type of work I have ever wanted to do.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

Rookie

I love following this build.. Freaking fantastic.. I sure wish I could do this! Looks amazing!
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Thanks John! It's not as fun as I make it look, I promise you that. Lots of stress....but let's hope it pays off right?

Get to it! All you gotta do is get a '15....and start modding away!

I sold my 850HP '04 Cobra to get this '15 and build it. Let's hope I made the right move. BTW, I had some Steeda stuff on that car, just so you know.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

Apprentice
S197 Member

I gotta say, for an "all new" chassis, aside from the obvious changes like drivetrain and IRS, that looks awful similar to the bottom of my '07 s197..

2007 GT: JLT intake, SCT tuner, Eibach Pro-kit (springs + struts/shocks), Currie Adjustable LCA's with Johnny Joint, BMR relocation brackets, MAC axleback exhaust, Powerslot rotors, EBC redstuff pads, Steeda X5 balljoints
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

So I was able to get the car to the track a few days ago.

I cannot stress how happy I am for the first outing - especially knowing how much more is in the car.

[email protected] and [email protected] have been such great help - I am very fortunate to have these guys involved. Ken has the tune down really nicely at this point, but he still says he has more to do.

Anyhow, here is the Video Link Justin @ VMP Shot:

https://video-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...a7&oe=55F99DEF

Launch Pics and Slip:

For those who have gotten a little lost in the thread, here is a recap for these passes.

2015 Mustang GT Automatic / 3.15 rear gear / Stock Transmission and Converter
-Kesatie Motorsports Built Shortblock
-VMP Gen 2 Supercharger with 69mm Upper Pulley
-VMP Twin 67mm TB
-JLT “Big Air” CAI
-JPC Racing VC Fitting / Crankcase Breather Kit
-ATI Super Damper
-Custom Return Fuel System using a Lethal Performance Twin Pump Harness and ’13 GT500 Hat
-Tuning by Ken Bjonnes @ Lund Racing
-MAK Performance O/R Mid Pipes (stock headers)
-Magnaflow Competition Catback
-Shaftmasters 1-pc Aluminum Driveshaft
-FRPP/G-Force Halfshafts
- Viking Crusader Rear Shocks
-Billet Specialties Street Lite “Drag Pack” for S550 Mustang (17” Front and 17” Rears)
-Aerospace 13" Front Pro Street Brake Kit
-Mickey Thompson Tires (28” SR Radial Front / 295-45-17 MTII Rears)
**And of course some BMR suspension pieces

I am attending/racing the car at NMRA Bowling Green - So I am now changing a bunch of stuff around, and will be posting pics in a few hours of some cool new parts and upgrades.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page