BMR Tech's S550 Mustang Build: Street/Strip - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up BMR Tech's S550 Mustang Build: Street/Strip

So, it begins. Plans are to make this car a Street/Strip monster.

This car is a 300A, Auto, No Options.
Taking it to the track tonight for baselines - then, game on.

Details coming - stay tuned!

Baseline Runs: Best of [email protected] (Weld Front Wheels, Drag Radials on '11 GT Wheels 265/40-18, Removed Passenger Seat, Removed Trunk Lining - COMPLETELY FULL TANK OF FUEL

You Tube Video (I know, it isn't "bone" stock - I didn't title that video.
Worlds fastest stock 2015 Mustang GT!! - YouTube

Welp, moving right along. After running a string of 12.60's, I just realized the NA path wasn't going to cut it, so I grabbed myself one of these pretty little Gen @ TVS Blowers from Justin and the gang over at VMP Tuning / Superchargers. Should make some power? Ignore some of those silly IRS Bushings in the background.......

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport

Last edited by BMR Tech; 10-17-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014
Rookie

Looks fantastic, congrats BMR. Cannot wait to hear about your future plans for it.

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Baseline Runs: Best of [email protected] (Weld Front Wheels, Drag Radials on '11 GT Wheels 265/40-18, Removed Passenger Seat, Removed Trunk Lining - COMPLETELY FULL TANK OF FUEL

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

You Tube Video (I know, it isn't "bone" stock - I didn't title that video.
Worlds fastest stock 2015 Mustang GT!! - YouTube

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Welp, moving right along. After running a string of 12.60's, I just realized the NA path wasn't going to cut it, so I grabbed myself one of these pretty little Gen @ TVS Blowers from Justin and the gang over at VMP Tuning / Superchargers. Should make some power? Ignore some of those silly IRS Bushings in the background.......

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014
PONY Member

You should get another 2015, and turn it into a track (as in turns, handling, braking, etc., etc.) monster. And it should have a manual transmission. We need to see how durable and lasting the revamped MT82 is.

I couldn't care less about the drag strip, other than as a place to acquire acceleration times. Acceleration is only 1/3rd of a performance vehicle's pedigree, and not necessarily the most important part.

There's plenty of us that want to hear about improving the car's handling and braking, so don't forget us.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
You should get another 2015, and turn it into a track (as in turns, handling, braking, etc., etc.) monster. And it should have a manual transmission. We need to see how durable and lasting the revamped MT82 is.

I couldn't care less about the drag strip, other than as a place to acquire acceleration times. Acceleration is only 1/3rd of a performance vehicle's pedigree, and not necessarily the most important part.

There's plenty of us that want to hear about improving the car's handling and braking, so don't forget us.
That car you are talking about, 300A with PP.....is arriving late this week, early next.

So yes, that is (has been) the plan for us. A road course type build, and a drag strip build.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
That car you are talking about, 300A with PP.....is arriving late this week, early next.

So yes, that is (has been) the plan for us. A road course type build, and a drag strip build.

I knew I loved you guys for reasons other than your avatar

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Just a little progress. Nothing major.

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

BOSS Member

Garage
Wow. Digging right in.
Site Sponsor

We are slowly making progress on our 2015 Mustang. The billet oil pump gears from MMR are in and the timing chains will be going back on soon. After that its time for the timing cover mods and the rest should come together quickly after that.

Pete Epple - Marketing Tech
BMR Suspension 813-986-9302
Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm est.
Site Sponsor

The supercharger is on! It shouldn't be much longer before the car is alive again.

Pete Epple - Marketing Tech
BMR Suspension 813-986-9302
Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm est.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

After some research, I figured it was worth the $90 to save 13lbs with this Deka ETX18 Battery.

OEM

Deka ETX18

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

It is coming along nicely. Just buttoning up some odds and ends. Installed the JLT Seperator, and made the JLT Intake work with a custom coupler.

I can't thank some of these guys enough. Justin and crew @VMP, JC @ ATI, Jared @ Magnaflow, Jay/Lisa @ JLT, The Team @ Lethal Perf...and of course my co-workers at BMR - they have all been a great help in getting this thing together.

Much more to come!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

GT Member

You need to someone who can make a mold for you so you can use the bottom half of the stock cold air intake instead of resorting to a hot air intake.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page